Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
    For me, it comes down to this:
    How many players have gone on to join a decent European team after QSL in the whole 40+ year history of the league?
    How many QSL players have been featured in the last 8 World Cups?
    How many QSL players have been been featured at the semi-finals of the last 8 Asian Cups?
    The answer to all those questions is few, if any. Generally, players go to Qatar to end their careers, not to jump start them.
    On that note, inviting players from QSL is not in the long term interest of our football program or players, because every spot taken by a QSL player, is bascially a spot taken away from a PGL player with potential (no matter how small) to move to Europe.
    The only good part about this QSL is that CQ has been forced to look up in IPL's talents and introduce new gems to the team. Now our NT is dropping skin!
    1. Mehrdad Pooladi (28), Al Shahania. Lost his position => Hajsafi,Jamaati, Mohammadi
    2. Masoud Shojaei (31), Al Gharafeh. Lost his position => Alisha, Dejagah
    3. Reza Gucci (28), was in Al Wakrah. injured. => Taremi, Azmoun, Rezai
    4. Mojtaba Jabbari (32), Al Ahli. Lost his position before WC. => Shojai => Alisha, Dejagah
    5. Mohammad Nouri(32), Al Mesaimeer. Lost his pistion => Alisha, Dejagah
    6. Ando (32), Umm Salal . Shaky position => Omid Ebrahimi, Ezatollahi, PAG
    7. Pejman Montazeri (32), Al Ahli. Has his position -> We have Kanaani and PAG
    8. Dejagah (29), Al Arabi. Lost his excellent shape. -> We have many RW, LW and a possible replacement in AMF can be Yaghoub Karimi, Ali Karimi, or Alisha

Comment

Even though this is a very unprofessional act, but I agree as we are losing many quality players there.
      __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
      We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Other countries have done this before. I remember in the mid 90s European players being told that if they join the J-League they will be dropped from their national team.
        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

I agree it also depends on age, the older players are doing the right career move for themselves to go there and for their families. However, young players chasing money should be temporarily banned from TM so they have time to decide what their priorities are.
          --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
          --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
          ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
          --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
          ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

There is no reason as to why we should ban them. We want to prevent players from going there to prevent them from dropping in quality; the only solution for that is to have a coach that looks at performance and picks his players based on that, and players can perform great no matter where they are.
            Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
            محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
            - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamer View Post
              There is no reason as to why we should ban them. We want to prevent players from going there to prevent them from dropping in quality; the only solution for that is to have a coach that looks at performance and picks his players based on that, and players can perform great no matter where they are.
              Well said. Thank you.
              چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

I voted NO.
                A player, any player should have a choice. We all make choices in life, some turn out to be good and some not so good.

In general, I will NOT work in a country where my culture is ridiculed. Arabs do not respect Iranian names or culture, for example, Persian Gulf. I was offered a job in UAE, I refused to work there.

We expect our players do this or do that. How about you? Do you fly with Al-kooft because they are cheaper? I have NOT flown with any Arab airlines. When you expect something from anybody else, what have you done yourself?

In my view, a player should be invited to team-e-melli because of his or her performance not where he or she plays.

Many PFDC members are young. The reason Golamreza Takhti after passing away more than 45 years gets respect is NOT because of number of his medals. He was a true Iranian who put his culture and country ahead of his personal life. He was a great and honorable person.

I would rather lose or not to go to world cup, but keep my country and its culture. However, Iranians are smart people, they can do both, keep their culture and go to world cup.
                As the saying goes: Cho Iran nabashad, tan-e man mabad.
                چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

haha, lol

Comment

As much as I hate that our players leave for Qatar or any other Persian Gulf country, we can't blame the league for the form of our players. It all depends on the ambitions of the players, which were proved by Gucci and Dejagah who left Europe in their prime age.

Ali Karimi played his best football during his 5 years in Al Ahli, even Farhad Majidi was amazing and could have been a great asset for Team Melli if it wasn't for his shitty attitude.
                    پندار نیک
                    گفتار نیک
                    کردار نیک

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamer View Post
                      I perform very well when playing against my 6 year old son. Please ask CQ to invite me to a TM camp.
                      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

The problem with such decision is if a younger player opts to play there it just shows a lack of drive to improve, or the recognition of need for fine tuning their abilities, in favor of a more comfortable, less pressured life with monetary aims.

If a 30 year old opts for this, he has the right as he is close to the end of his career and almost every one of these are not really educated enough to be able to start another career outside football and any money gained at this stage can be used to set up their future lifestyle.

But if a younger player who has many years ahead that can be of service to TM, wastes these year in a stagnant environment that not only doesn't put any pressure on him or hardly injects any kind of discipline and professionalism that usually sustains and complete his abilities, then he is basically ruining his chances of improvement and progress.

Yes, in contrast, you may earn less, but learn more. Learning more, in fact, can lead to more money earned later on in years. But sadly, lack of education blinds these lads to this fact and foresight. Having this kind of priorities is a window to a player's mentality and overall attitude towards the subject of progress. Lack of drive can show itself in complacency at TM also, which is like poison for national teams.

Money tends to soften a person and make him less driven to pressure himself.
                        I'd say even in IPL, they receive more pressure than these PG leagues.

Comment

What is next, ban those from watching Iranian football if they live in Qatar or an Arab country?

As much as I understand the concerns expressed about the monitory motiviations to play in Qatar or places like that and lack of quality, I truly think this is free world, and everyone including football players are free to choose what they want and where they want to play. The fact that they give service to our national team does not mean we own them!

Ban this pool ...

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                            What is next, ban those from watching Iranian football if they live in Qatar or an Arab country?

As much as I understand the concerns expressed about the monitory motiviations to play in Qatar or places like that and lack of quality, I truly think this is free world, and everyone including football players are free to choose what they want and where they want to play. The fact that they give service to our national team does not mean we own them!

Ban this pool ...
                            And CQ is free to choose players he feels are best for TM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash
                              Simple question since it has been discussed numerous times on the board. Yes or no? Explain why.
                              I opted for yes.
                              I expect from our players to have some sort of an ambition. When you opt for Qatar below your 30's, is it reasonable to represent Team Melli? I think not. Also, the level of football in Qatar is just shockingly low and it shouldn't be our standards if we want to be a challenging side in the future (2018 World Cup where we aim to reach R 16). If anything, good teams from UEFA do not even call up players from desert leagues. We should do the same if we want to reach their level.
                              What I have also seen is that form of our players also drop when they have been playing in Qatar for a while, because there is almost no competition in such a weak league. It leads to bad performances in Team Melli as a result. Just look at Dejagah, when he made his debut for TM he was owning all Qatari players left and right while he was at Wolfsburg, and now he looks so uninterested all the damn time.
                              Inviting QSL players also sends a bad signal to talents from IPL because they won't be motivated to move to Europe. Instead, they are easily tempted to stay in Iran or take a fat contract in Qatar because their spot in TM isn't in danger anyways.
                              QSL players out of Team Melli now!

You invite your best players regardless where they play. End of story.
                              You lot either have waaaaaaay 2much time or are just addicted to drama.

Everyday its something new. U people are just addicted to making Hashieh and Drama !!!

Comment

I am not a fan of Qatar league, but why do you think IPL is a better league than Qatar Star League? As a matter of fact, Qatar has better facilities and players are less prone to injuries (much better fields too).
                                Last edited by rezabmehr; 10-27-2015, 08:51 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X