Ban players from TM who play in Qatar Stars League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ban players from TM who play in Qatar Stars League

Simple question since it has been discussed numerous times on the board. Yes or no? Explain why.

I opted for yes.

I expect from our players to have some sort of an ambition. When you opt for Qatar below your 30's, is it reasonable to represent Team Melli? I think not. Also, the level of football in Qatar is just shockingly low and it shouldn't be our standards if we want to be a challenging side in the future (2018 World Cup where we aim to reach R 16). If anything, good teams from UEFA do not even call up players from desert leagues. We should do the same if we want to reach their level.

What I have also seen is that form of our players also drop when they have been playing in Qatar for a while, because there is almost no competition in such a weak league. It leads to bad performances in Team Melli as a result. Just look at Dejagah, when he made his debut for TM he was owning all Qatari players left and right while he was at Wolfsburg, and now he looks so uninterested all the damn time.

Inviting QSL players also sends a bad signal to talents from IPL because they won't be motivated to move to Europe. Instead, they are easily tempted to stay in Iran or take a fat contract in Qatar because their spot in TM isn't in danger anyways.

QSL players out of Team Melli now!
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%

The poll is expired.

QSL is where players go to retire (Xavi for example) it's not a league where players go to improve or learn. IPL with all of it's problems usually attracts younger foreign players. It's not a league that brings in almost retired big names for gimmicks and to create some buzz (like what QSL or the Indian league is doing) There are enough wealthy people in Iran to pay some big bucks to some old european legend but no one does it. Because IPL with all of it's problems is a league that wants to improve. That wants young players. Iranian or foreign.

The point is QSL and league like it are gimmicks. It's not for players who want to improve. It's for good players who are lazy and want to make some big bucks and old european big names. That's it.

So yes, ban TM players who play in QSL.

Comment

Not only gutter league, but all of asia from the looks of it.
      For players below age 29

Comment

Yes, ban them. Unless they're in their 30s

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
          Not only gutter league, but all of asia from the looks of it.
          For players below age 29
          Ideally speaking that should be the case, but we are not in the luxury position to not invite a player from semi-decent league like Japanese or Korean. Their clubs usually win ACL, so for Asia it means a top-notch national team player in terms of club standards. This becomes another case when we have more players in European leagues

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash
            Simple question since it has been discussed numerous times on the board. Yes or no? Explain why.

I opted for yes.

I expect from our players to have some sort of an ambition. When you opt for Qatar below your 30's, is it reasonable to represent Team Melli? I think not. Also, the level of football in Qatar is just shockingly low and it shouldn't be our standards if we want to be a challenging side in the future (2018 World Cup where we aim to reach R 16). If anything, good teams from UEFA do not even call up players from desert leagues. We should do the same if we want to reach their level.

What I have also seen is that form of our players also drop when they have been playing in Qatar for a while, because there is almost no competition in such a weak league. It leads to bad performances in Team Melli as a result. Just look at Dejagah, when he made his debut for TM he was owning all Qatari players left and right while he was at Wolfsburg, and now he looks so uninterested all the damn time.

Inviting QSL players also sends a bad signal to talents from IPL because they won't be motivated to move to Europe. Instead, they are easily tempted to stay in Iran or take a fat contract in Qatar because their spot in TM isn't in danger anyways.

QSL players out of Team Melli now!
            Agreed. Unless its someone like Nekounam.

Comment

All players younger than 30 playing in QSL should not be invited to TM ever, so they will choice money or development.

Comment

It's like there is something in the water in qatar that makes are players bad. Last year when Teymourian was playing in IPL and for Tractor, he was amazing. He was instrumental in almost all of our goals in Australia.

Immediately after his move to qatar he became shockingly bad.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                  It's like there is something in the water in qatar that makes are players bad. Last year when Teymourian was playing in IPL and for Tractor, he was amazing. He was instrumental in almost all of our goals in Australia.

Immediately after his move to qatar he became shockingly bad.
                  There is no shock in that. We knew that will happen.

Comment

Why do we keep thinking that we have a right to "ban" people from whatever? I say we ban people who think they can ban someone.

Wait... except me and this post

Comment

Originally posted by Iran Doost View Post
                      Why do we keep thinking that we have a right to "ban" people from whatever? I say we ban people who think they can ban someone.
                      Wait... except me and this post
                      Um... we are talking about players who are going to represent the number 1 team in Asia. If they underperform and go to leagues that ruins them and adds nothing to their game they should get banned and thrown out of TM.

They are representing an entire nation, they are getting paid by our tax money and we have the right to demand to have the best players represent our nation.

This is not a charity, it's the national team of a great country.

Comment

it's a privilege to play for TM. That's something a lot of our players need to understand.

Comment

Well, isn't it also pretty weird that as soon as an player gets capped for TM, gutter offers appear? Money isn't an issue for Al Soosk, they just want to prevent development.

Comment

No need to ban them. Just dont invite them. They'll get the message.

Comment

Um... we are talking about players who are going to represent the number 1 team in Asia. If they underperform and go to leagues that ruins them and adds nothing to their game they should get banned and thrown out of TM.

They are representing an entire nation, they are getting paid by our tax money and we have the right to demand to have the best players represent our nation.

This is not a charity, it's the national team of a great country.
                              Perfectly explained.

it's a privilege to play for TM. That's something a lot of our players need to understand.
                              Idem dito,

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                              No need to ban them. Just dont invite them. They'll get the message.
                              That's my point.

Comment

Working...
                              X