No announcement yet.

Ban players from TM who play in Qatar Stars League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The facilities don't protect against the vashi Qatari players. I remember zandi broke his leg in Qatar and montazeri got injured just before the Asian cup which was a big loss

Comment

It's a player's own choice where he wants to play his club career. It's disappointing seeing Iranians go there in their prime, but at the end of the day if they're playing well for Iran and displaying a good attitude then they should be selected. No sense in excluding someone because of where they play their paid career. National team selection is about whether the player is good enough.

Comment

awful tempting proposition but im afraid not realistic nor justifiable..!!

i do however favor prejudicial treatment of those QSL players by our coaches, media and fans..! like affording them much shorter leashes and far lower tolerance (for Fk-ups and lack of form ) for these lot who obviously taking their national duties for granted and choose easy money over proper professional development ..!

Comment

Statistically speaking, you would have to favour players playing in the Qutter league over our league. :roll eyes:

National leagues
          Rankings are calculated by IFFHS .

AFC IFFHS Country
          1 24 South Korea
          2 29 Saudi Arabia
          3 30 Japan Japan 460,5
          4 46 Kuwait 377,0
          5 50 United Arab Emirates
          6 56 China 340,5
          7 57 Qatar 338,0
          8 61 Iran 333,5
          9 62 Australia 331,0
          10 63 Thailand 329,5
          "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

As much as we all may dislike seeing many of our TM players in the QSL we cannot expect everyone to be total saints and resist big time money. It is a trend I myself do not like but unfortunately the shitty circumstances of Iran as a country and our football do not make this option very easy to pass up. Take into account that most clubs don't pay half the players salaries and how long it takes them to even get that half.....its a disaster. I blame our all around shitty system for these trends and don't think its realistic or necessary to remove players because of personal decisions.
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

To me this is not a black & white issue. You need to assess each player on an individual basis and scrutinize further if necessary. I always remember Ali Karimi back in 2004 who rose from playing in the Arab Leagues to win the Asian player of the year award, then transferring straight to Bayern Munich in Bundesliga.
              sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Working...
              X