Some Observations from Iran vs. Turkeminstan Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Observations from Iran vs. Turkeminstan Game

1. Azadi grass was either cut too long or had some kind of problem. It was very slow. the ball often did not travel well. Many of the passes came short of reaching its target.
    2. There was no AFC-owned advertising in the stadium. It was as though two local teams were playing. All local Iranian ads.
    3. The quality of TV broadcast was one of the poorest I have seen lately. Everything looked dim and dirty! .. there were a few occassions when the picture turned so blury, it was hard to see. Khiabani kept talking about HD recording but what good is recording if it is not broadcasted in HD.
    4. Turkmenistan's all Green Umbro brand jersy was reminsent of Iran vs. Ireland game.
    5. First time, after 36 years, I saw our national team coach wearing a tie. Which was a delight! ... I still have nightmare of that light blue track suit Mayeli Kohan used to wear when he was in charge way back, which was 2 size big, super baggy and made in Monireyeh! .. horrible!
    6. I thought Khiabani's expression "Zaboonam Lall, Zabonanm Lall" was like an old grandma talking -- he was trying to analyze the outcome of the game should any of the team score the next goal.
    7. Stadium announcements were all in Farsi and not in English. Against AFC rules.
    8. Turkmenistan goal came from a superb curve ball to the far post, which in my opinion was tough for any keeper to handle given the speed of that ball. There was also a slight charging of the goalkeeper by the Turkmen forward who made Haghighi's punch in the air more profound. Although his positioning was not very ideal and that he should have been in the middle of the two goal posts. Perhaps he was expecting the ball to be delivered to the near post.

Anything you saw interesting or worth mentioning?
Working...
X