Steven Beitashour @ Toronto FC | 2015/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aenima_8 View Post
    Haven't had the chance to go see Steven either, hopefully soon. That being said, I was a home season ticket holder during the Danny Dichio days lol. (TO peeps will get that )

Steven and TFC visiting the Toronto Sick Kids Hospital. You can see him towards the end of the clip:

How Danny D ever made it as a designated player was baffling. Thank god new management turned this team around.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Esteev esteel hazz eh shaans tu peley for eh eeron.

Comment

TFC v NYC on right now. Toronto has dominated this game in the second half. This is a home and away playoff series. Beita playing against Lampard and David Villa. TFC very unlucky not to score at least 2 so far.

Comment

7 min left Altidore scores!!! Tfc up 1-0. Beita having an awesome game running up and down the pitch! Involved all over.

Comment

Stoppage time goal for TFC now 2-0 wow what a game!

Comment

Tfc wins...brawl at the end between players! They take 2 goals to New York.

Comment

Beitashour had a good game, nice little 'ye pa do pa' that almost led to a goal

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

^ I remember a time when MLS games were played on fields featuring gridiron lines and crappy goal posts and nets and stuff so I'm definitely glad the game has improved immensely here in the US. Most teams have their own stadiums, great facilities, a decent fan base, and good marketing/branding.

But, I also have to say that the level of MLS play is shockingly bad. Constant aimless switching of play, no proper tactics going forward, games bogged down in the middle of the pitch, horrible refereeing, even worse goalkeeping, low football IQ, and the bullshit wanna-be European-style gamesmanship (arguing with the ref, getting physical where it's not appropriate)--it's just too much.

I mean, I'm a big critic of the IPL because I think it is total crap but at least there are a few talented players here and there. I watched the Toronto-NYC game and I'm not sure it was as good as you make it. I thought Beitashour was mostly invisible and the game was extremely boring except for the last 15 minutes or so. Still, good win for Toronto FC.

Comment

Montreal won, Toronto won.... good times for Canadian football Too bad shitty Whitecaps missed out...

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
                      ^ I remember a time when MLS games were played on fields featuring gridiron lines and crappy goal posts and nets and stuff so I'm definitely glad the game has improved immensely here in the US. Most teams have their own stadiums, great facilities, a decent fan base, and good marketing/branding.

But, I also have to say that the level of MLS play is shockingly bad. Constant aimless switching of play, no proper tactics going forward, games bogged down in the middle of the pitch, horrible refereeing, even worse goalkeeping, low football IQ, and the bullshit wanna-be European-style gamesmanship (arguing with the ref, getting physical where it's not appropriate)--it's just too much.

I mean, I'm a big critic of the IPL because I think it is total crap but at least there are a few talented players here and there. I watched the Toronto-NYC game and I'm not sure it was as good as you make it. I thought Beitashour was mostly invisible and the game was extremely boring except for the last 15 minutes or so. Still, good win for Toronto FC.
                      Wtf? EPL has been great this season... Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham, and Chelsea have all been class while Southampton, Man U, & Everton also have good quality. Leicester is also tearing it in UCL so Idk why you would write this

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
                        Wtf? EPL has been great this season... Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham, and Chelsea have all been class while Southampton, Man U, & Everton also have good quality. Leicester is also tearing it in UCL so Idk why you would write this
                        I. Not E.

Comment

Your post started off so well and then it all went down hill after your first portion....

While I agree the MLS still has lots of room to improve, I don't think it's anywhere nearly as bad as you make it out especially about the goalkeeping and lack of tactics. I watch the MLS a pretty decent amount and every year it has improved and is actually watchable unlike 8-9 years ago. If you watch good teams play like Portland, Seattle, LA, Montreal, etc. you will witness decent teams playing a decent game. I guess we just got to agree to disagree on that.

Both IPL and MLS is loaded with talent but unfortunately both leagues suffer from different issues. In the IPL (historically speaking) we rarely use youngsters although it's changed a bit over the last few years now with younger coaches which somewhat related to the issue in the MLS of players missing out important years of development between ages of 18-22 by playing in college instead of an MLS team. Both issues have been addressed thankfully and I think we have seen some benefits in a short period of time. I could name you at least 20-25 players in each league without any hesitation that is a very talented player. Of course not all will pan out but if you're using the word talented I think you're making a mistake - there's tons and tons of it in both leagues.
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I think you need to watch more MLS. Stop judging by the past. Stadiums are better than IPL, matches are always sold out unlike IPL, coaches and talent are also equal if not better.

Giovinco is easily a current roster player and starter for Italy, and when you add names like Gerard, Drogba, Lampard, David Villa (who Spain is considering reinviting to NT), Do Santos, Keane, and Pirlo you do not have anything close to that in any Middle Eastern league. Some of these guys are older but still more clutch than Taremi ever will be.

And Beita was on fire today. Very active and good game from him. Really ran his legs off. The back and forth you mention is more attributable to the speed of the game rather than the poor play. Far less time is wasted in MLS than in IPL and play tempo and direction constantly switches unlike these uninspiring Tehran derby's which rarely have anything for fans but hype. MLS can improve surely but IMO IPL wouild be a stagnation as a comparison point since they are virtually equal.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                              I think you need to watch more MLS. Stop judging by the past. Stadiums are better than IPL, matches are always sold out unlike IPL, coaches and talent are also equal if not better.

Giovinco is easily a current roster player for Italy, and when you add names like Gerard, Drogba, Lampard, David Villa (who Spain is considering reinviting to NT), Do Santos, Keane, and Pirlo you do not have anything close to that in any Middle Eastern league. Some of these guys are older but still more clutch than Taremi ever will be.

And Beita was on fire today. Very active and good game from him. Really ran his legs off. The back and forth you mention is more attributable to the speed of the game rather than the poor play. Far less time is wasted in MLS than in IPL and play tempo and direction constantly switches unlike these uninspiring Tehran derby's which rarely have anything for fans but hype. MLS can improve surely but IMO IPL wouild be a step backwards as a comparison point.

I don't really get these comparisons as its all subjective and there are pros and cons to each league. I'm not picking on you personally, just the argument about which league is better. Some would argue that the general talent of Iranian players in IPL overall is better than the base American players in MLS, but there are some very good American players and foreign-based players in MLS as well. Obviously MLS has more investment and is better known, but the comparison is so difficult.

We can never reach a consensus. Obviously we have no one on par to Pirlo or Giovinco in IPL, but our basic players could be argued to be better than the average American player. It's all debatable though. I can't forcefully argue one way or another, and I don't think its constructive for us to try to.

We should all just have an agreement to disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                                I don't really get these comparisons as its all subjective and there are pros and cons to each league. I'm not picking on you personally, just the argument about which league is better. Some would argue that the general talent of Iranian players in IPL overall is better than the base American players in MLS, but there are some very good American players and foreign-based players in MLS as well. Obviously MLS has more investment and is better known, but the comparison is so difficult.

We can never reach a consensus. Obviously we have no one on par to Pirlo or Giovinco in IPL, but our basic players could be argued to be better than the average American player. It's all debatable though. I can't forcefully argue one way or another, and I don't think its constructive for us to try to.

We should all just have an agreement to disagree.
                                Perhaps. I was merely pointimg pout the dismissiveness of the MLS by some. After all you are only as strong as your best player and as weak as your weakest. The MLS I would say has the largest gap in talent, but the best 11 in the MLS one could argue could survive any league in the world and in some cases put up very decent numbers. Not many leagues can say that.

Comment

Working...
                                X