Steven Beitashour @ Toronto FC | 2015/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    Belotti , Immobile, Insigne are all ahead of him in my opinion. That being said he probably deserves a shout for NT over somebody like Eder. Also Balo has been great for Nice i think he deserves a call up.
    He isn't getting a call up because Conte openly criticized his move to the mls. Since the Euro squad snubs he has fallen off Italy's radar.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Giovinco scores his 3rd. 5-0 min 92...7-0 agg win for TFC. They move on to face Montreal.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
        He isn't getting a call up because Conte openly criticized his move to the mls. Since the Euro squad snubs he has fallen off Italy's radar.

It's a shame, not like any of Italy's other players are a lot better. He deserves a spot in the Italian NT.

Comment

Lol Giovinco is literally a tank… Nice game by Steven too.. Its really a shame he's fallen off with TM

Comment

Giovinco is waaaaay too good for MLS....he needs to go play in La Liga or something

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
              Giovinco is waaaaay too good for MLS....he needs to go play in La Liga or something
              He isn't going anywhere where he makes 20x his team mates in terms of salary.

For reference Giovinco makes $5,600,000 and Beitashour makes $230,000

Comment

Originally posted by pdot View Post
                He isn't going anywhere where he makes 20x his team mates in terms of salary.

For reference Giovinco makes $5,600,000 and Beitashour makes $230,000
                When Beita was playing here in San Jose, poor guy was only making 60k. Glad to see him finally getting $$$.

Comment

Comment regarding the historic Toronto FC win last night:

"Having tried and failed the 'stars and scrubs' approach in the past, key areas on the field were addressed where big non-DP money was spent. Players like Clint Irwin, Steven Beitashour, Drew Moor, Armando Cooper and Will Johnson all played their part in the 5-0 thumping. "

http://www.tsn.ca/the-finest-team-pe...story-1.602325

"Aged Designated Players Andrea Pirlo and Frank Lampard both started in the middle, and they were slow to help cut off inside movement generated from outstanding overlaps from fullbacks Justin Morrow and Steven Beitashour."

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/1...-championships

Comment

Beita wil have his hands full on Nov 22 against Ignacio Piatti.
                    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
                      It's a shame, not like any of Italy's other players are a lot better. He deserves a spot in the Italian NT.
                      I don't think killing I it in the Mls has ever warranted a spot on the Italian national team.

Just look at his scoring record elsewhere for his entire career. It's nothing special. His best stint was at Parma where he scored about 1 goal every 3 matches for about 2 seasons. That's decent but not great.

I mean even if the other Italian strikers aren't killing it, it's because they mainly play on waaay tougher leagues. I guarantee you that if immobile came to the mls he'd also be ripping in the goals.

However I'm happy Toronto has Giovinco. He's great for mls.

Comment

Originally posted by teamiran View Post
                        I don't think killing I it in the Mls has ever warranted a spot on the Italian national team.

Just look at his scoring record elsewhere for his entire career. It's nothing special. His best stint was at Parma where he scored about 1 goal every 3 matches for about 2 seasons. That's decent but not great.

I mean even if the other Italian strikers aren't killing it, it's because they mainly play on waaay tougher leagues. I guarantee you that if immobile came to the mls he'd also be ripping in the goals.

However I'm happy Toronto has Giovinco. He's great for mls.
                        Giovinco isn't a striker.... you realise that right?

Comment

I saw Giovinco live vs SKC
                          that dude is awful tiny lil fker..!! he had nice touch and confidence on the ball which showed his decent class but wasnt able to do much and cope with the high physicality of SKC that day and was pushed and harassed about all game..!!
                          still he popped up in the box once to almost hit home an equalizer cleverly ..!! and granted almost the whole MLS Plays the game very physically and how the refs hardly call any of the frequent harassing/ankle-bitings rough plays,(especially during the Playoffs) and he still managed to have himself a good season with respectable stats, shows he isnt as weakling as he appears..!!?

just sayin, may be he aint so fitting to Italy's typical physical, defense-first style of play due to his diminutive stature...? or the perception of it @ least..!!?

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                            that dude is awful tiny lil fker..!! he had nice touch and confidence on the ball which showed his decent class but wasnt able to do much and cope with the high physicality of SKC that day and was pushed and harassed about all game..!!
                            still he popped up in the box once to almost hit home an equalizer cleverly ..!! and granted almost the whole MLS Plays the game very physically and how the refs hardly call any of the frequent harassing/ankle-bitings rough plays,(especially during the Playoffs) and he still managed to have himself a good season with respectable stats, shows he isnt as weakling as he appears..!!?

just sayin, may be he aint so fitting to Italy's typical physical, defense-first style of play due to his diminutive stature...? or the perception of it @ least..!!?
                            He's only 5'4, definitely a short guy

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post

Not to mention his stats are even more impressive when you see how much he missed due to injury. He is like a more technically gifted Gucci...and to be fair in other teams he was used much deeper than he is with TFC.

Comment

I understand there is a built-in bias against MLS, but when each week it seems Beita is sharing the field with top quality players -- Giovinco, Lampard, Pirlo, Howard, Dos Santos, Gerrard, Keane, Drogba, Villa, Kaka, Dempsey, Bradley etc...you've got to start giving him credit for playing in a competitive league. Surely a stronger league and with more international experience than the IPL/PGL, whatever we're calling it.

Comment

Working...
                                X