Steven Beitashour @ Toronto FC | 2015/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dreamer View Post
    As much as I don't like the MLS, I don't understand why we don't invite Beitashour. He's been incredibly consistent and just won the biggest prize in his league. Surely he deserves at least a call up.
    Queiroz usually only calls up 2 rbs in the 23 man squad which are rezaeian and ghafouri. Queiroz doesn’t deem Beitashour better than any of those players so he doesn’t call up Beitashour to be a 3rd or 4th string rb from half way across the world. I’ve seen a significant amount of Beitashours games since he came to Canadian teams and he just really is pretty consistently average/slightly above average in performance. Most people don’t watch his games and follow the lead when he has a rare good performance every now and then and talk about how he’s so good and deserves a call up. Just because someone starts in mls, even the best team in mls, doesn’t mean he’s better than someone in or brought up in Iran.

Comment

Look guys I was always a huge advocate of Stevie boy leading up to the WC, and I still think he’s a solid player but reality is you can’t confidently say he’s better than 3-4 of our current right backs. He’s not someone like Saman who HAS to be in TM. If he got invited to TM I wouldn’t be mad at all but he’s got to be more of a stand out player than he currently is to warrant a huge trip from Canada to Iran not making that trip to be in a camp and never feature.
      Last edited by Ghermez Agha; 12-11-2017, 05:14 PM.
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
        He’s not someone like Samantha who HAS to be in TM.
        Samantha for TM cheerleader!

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
          Samantha for TM cheerleader!
          haram

Comment

Originally posted by jahandar View Post
            because the moderators finally granted me my account... about a month ago... Why are you mad at me???
            the least I could get is a "welcome to the forum"
            Welcome to the forum... Now where is my gift
            WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

If someone like Mahini got the call few times in last couple years, i don't see why Beitashour who is the same age, and play in good team with some world class players. can't at least get an invitation again. He probably is not as good as Rezaeian and Ghafouri on pushing attack, but his defensive game is not worse than them anyway. I guess something happened during the WC which didn't please CQ. That is the only reason IMO!

Comment

That awkward moment when you win a MLS cup but still aren't considered good enough for TM. Yet, some motad like Ghafouri highlight of the year is smoking hookah and losing 6-0 to a UAE club which in theory are suppose to be completely weaker than Iran is considered a better player. Logic?

Comment

Beitashour has been very consistent in the past few years. Let's not forget that Rezaiean is having trouble starting for an average belgian team and hasn't been defensively consistent in the past few years. Ghafouri should start for now and Beita should be called in as backup. If Ghafouri proves worthy in the friendlies his position should be cemented but if he doesn't perform Baita should be tested and also Rezaiean. Fitness levels are superbly iportant in the WC and the biggest variable in the success of WC teams and Beita has proven to be very consistent in his respective position in a league more competitve than the Persian Gulf League. Wether we like it or not MlS is better than PGL and they are champions. He deserves some rocgnition from his country for such an amazing accomplishment.

P.S To those of you who are complaining about travel distance issues. Jheez, we're living in 2017. I'm sure he can make multiplte trip to Iran and Europe easily. It's the WC, we need to use or at least test all our options. Just to be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                    You guys highly overestimate the level of the MLS.

The only good league in North America is the Mexican league.
                    They have quality players from Europe and all of the Americas in their teams.

The MLS just isn’t good at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I Agree. MLS is a joke. I once tried to watch one of their games on ESPN and it was so shitty that I couldn't watch it after 20 min of enduring this painful experience. . IPL is way above MLS. (I do watch IPL games occasionally). Came to find out that game was the final MLS cup.. Haha this was couple years ago.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TAJ_LIVERPOOL View Post
                      Beitashour has been very consistent in the past few years. Let's not forget that Rezaiean is having trouble starting for an average belgian team and hasn't been defensively consistent in the past few years. Ghafouri should start for now and Beita should be called in as backup. If Ghafouri proves worthy in the friendlies his position should be cemented but if he doesn't perform Baita should be tested and also Rezaiean. Fitness levels are superbly iportant in the WC and the biggest variable in the success of WC teams and Beita has proven to be very consistent in his respective position in a league more competitve than the Persian Gulf League. Wether we like it or not MlS is better than PGL and they are champions. He deserves some rocgnition from his country for such an amazing accomplishment.
                      P.S To those of you who are complaining about travel distance issues. Jheez, we're living in 2017. I'm sure he can make multiplte trip to Iran and Europe easily. It's the WC, we need to use or at least test all our options. Just to be safe.
                      A league being better than another doesn't mean that a player in that league automatically should be called up then or is better someone in Iran. The players in Iran that are called up to the 23 man squad are at a higher level than the league, that's why they're called up. Mls being hypothetically better doesn't mean he should get called up or is better than players in Iran. By that logic randos that don't even make an experimental u.s squad but are starters for tfc like drew moor are better than Hosseini and montazeri. Iraqi player Justin merim is better than taremi etc.

Comment

People keep underestimating MLS smh... Because Gulf Leauges are better than MLS...

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
                          People keep underestimating MLS smh... Because Gulf Leauges are better than MLS...
                          Can a mod please ban this 8 year old? He keeps saying tm is going to lose 8-0 in the World Cup and just called the persian gulf "gulf"

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
                            Can a mod please ban this 8 year old? He keeps saying tm is going to lose 8-0 in the World Cup and just called the persian gulf "gulf"
                            It's not my problem you don't have the brain capacity of understanding sarcasm. By gulf leagues I was referring to Qatar,UAE,etc as that's what they are called on PFDC. There is a thread called racism by Gulf Arabs

Comment

Try watching an IPL match that consists of bottom table teams. You will probably have to watch it in 380p or something and it'll be played in a field spotted with giant dirt spots with a total 7 blades of green grass on the field. I've seen some good MLS games and I've seen good IPL games and I think the leagues are comparable but the economic situation has caused a huge downfall of the Persian Gulf league in the past few years. It's ridiculous, PGL os just shit right now and if we didn't have this many legionnaires I would be worried but the Legioners are doing amazing and I think we should utilize that to TM's advantage. Also MLS becomes a better and better league annualy.

Comment

Originally posted by TAJ_LIVERPOOL View Post
                                Try watching an IPL match that consists of bottom table teams. You will probably have to watch it in 380p or something and it'll be played in a field spotted with giant dirt spots with a total 7 blades of green grass on the field. I've seen some good MLS games and I've seen good IPL games and I think the leagues are comparable but the economic situation has caused a huge downfall of the Persian Gulf league in the past few years. It's ridiculous, PGL os just shit right now and if we didn't have this many legionnaires I would be worried but the Legioners are doing amazing and I think we should utilize that to TM's advantage. Also MLS becomes a better and better league annualy.
                                Agreed, they have better resources, sponsorship, notable players and academies. Plus in the MLS, players actually get paid and don't bite of more they can chew (they don't pay their players agil and horma for compensation for lack of providing the compromised salary).

Comment

Working...
                                X