No announcement yet.

Hashemian speaks out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's no coincidence that VH had such an amazing career in europe (2nd best of any iranian of all time). in addition to talent, you need class, discipline, intelligence, and maturity to make it in europe. and unfortunately most of our youngsters like azmoun and haghighi are too wrapped up in social media and being celebrities to reach their potential.

these "haftadis" (kids born in the 1370s) in Iran are culturally deficient unfortunately. The no-bs, no-nonsense generation of Daei/kia/VH is a big part of what made their careers.

VH is a king. I hope he and Kia become very involved with Iranian football and TM in particular

Comment

^Haghighi? You are totally mistaken him with someone else. Haghighi is fighting for a spot in Europe for years and despite still not getting what he deserves he refuses to go back to PGL or some Arab league for the money. Review his story and you will see that only few players come close to his iron will. Azmoun's social media activity indeed is annoying, but he is doing a fine job in Europe and trains hard anyway like a professional is supposed to do.

Pretty unfair to call out these 2 players here, I think we unfortunately have plenty of other players to worry about.
      Formerly known as Persianking!
      Follow me @
      instagram/iranscout
      instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

Originally posted by Persianking View Post
        Also I think showing random PGL highlights while Hashemian is talking was kind of disrespectful. If anything, at least show some highlights of Hashemian's career, or photos from him coaching in Germany..
        yep, actually first I thought these were the scenes when Hashemian played for PP
        ما میمیریم میمیریم ایران رو پس میگیریم

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
          and unfortunately most of our youngsters like azmoun and haghighi are too wrapped up in social media and being celebrities to reach their potential. these "haftadis" (kids born in the 1370s) in Iran are culturally deficient unfortunately. The no-bs, no-nonsense generation of Daei/kia/VH is a big part of what made their careers.
          You're completely off-base with those accusations. Social media presence is actually a requirement for a lot of big clubs, it is an essential PR tool. Take a look at any major Premier League player's twitter, it's fully active. Azmoun is one of the few European-based Iranian footballers that is actually popping up with games for his clubs over the last few years. Haghighi is another story but the present state of their careers have nothing to do with social media.

On the subject of Hashemian, he is one of those players that seems to have the determination and the focus to actually be a decent coach. Whether he has the intelligence or creativity or social skills, we need to see. Same goes for Mahdavikia. If they can translate their experiences as players into coaching careers then Iran will only benefit.

Comment

it's no coincidence that VH had such an amazing career in europe (2nd best of any iranian of all time). in addition to talent, you need class, discipline, intelligence, and maturity to make it in europe. and unfortunately most of our youngsters like azmoun and haghighi are too wrapped up in social media and being celebrities to reach their potential.

these "haftadis" (kids born in the 1370s) in Iran are culturally deficient unfortunately. The no-bs, no-nonsense generation of Daei/kia/VH is a big part of what made their careers.

VH is a king. I hope he and Kia become very involved with Iranian football and TM in particular
            You're not making any sense....you're calling out the last two ppl who need to be called out

Sure Azmoun can be annoying as hell on social media but one thing he has stressed from the moment he left Iran is how different football in Europe is and how our players seriously need to start making moves there or else we will fall even moe behind. He's had the exact mentality we wish all of our players had

And also what has Haghighi ever done? He is not too active on social media to begin with and when he is he never says or does anything controversial....I think your confusing the attention women give him for something else. He's worked his rear end off to play in Europe and hasn't given up in situations literally every other Iranian would give up from his early days in Rubin not even making the bench to moving to the Portuguese second division with covilha to give himself an opportunity.
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
              You're not making any sense....you're calling out the last two ppl who need to be called out

Sure Azmoun can be annoying as hell on social media but one thing he has stressed from the moment he left Iran is how different football in Europe is and how our players seriously need to start making moves there or else we will fall even moe behind. He's had the exact mentality we wish all of our players had

And also what has Haghighi ever done? He is not too active on social media to begin with and when he is he never says or does anything controversial....I think your confusing the attention women give him for something else. He's worked his rear end off to play in Europe and hasn't given up in situations literally every other Iranian would give up from his early days in Rubin not even making the bench to moving to the Portuguese second division with covilha to give himself an opportunity.
              My point is that our youngsters lack focus in my opinion when compared to prior generations. wasn't trying to knock those 2 players specifically, though azmoun in particular seems somewhat immature to me. maybe i'm mistaking haghighi's celebrity status for something else.

Comment

My point is that our youngsters lack focus in my opinion when compared to prior generations. wasn't trying to knock those 2 players specifically, though azmoun in particular seems somewhat immature to me. maybe i'm mistaking haghighi's celebrity status for something else.
                Every IPL player is acting childish. Mehdi and sardar are busy writing who their best friends are and it feels like I am stalking a 5 year old kids profile. SMH

Comment

Originally posted by persian_cheetah View Post
                  Every IPL player is acting childish. Mehdi and sardar are busy writing who their best friends are and it feels like I am stalking a 5 year old kids profile. SMH
                  Every player? Torabi, Amiri and the Mohammadi twins aswell?

Actually, Taremi and his teammates in Perspolis have boycotted Instagram to fully focus on football which is a good thing. Sardar could follow this path

Comment

Originally posted by Persianking View Post
                    ^Haghighi? You are totally mistaken him with someone else. Haghighi is fighting for a spot in Europe for years and despite still not getting what he deserves he refuses to go back to PGL or some Arab league for the money. Review his story and you will see that only few players come close to his iron will. Azmoun's social media activity indeed is annoying, but he is doing a fine job in Europe and trains hard anyway like a professional is supposed to do.
                    Pretty unfair to call out these 2 players here, I think we unfortunately have plenty of other players to worry about.
                    Haghighi is not progressing warming the bench of Rubin kazan. He could do better playing regular matches in IPL. Not playing any match in RPL or any other European league does not help him. He needs playing time otherwise he is wasting his time.
                    He has a contract with Rubin Kazan for whatever amount that he agreed some years ago which does not prove he won't follow the $ now rather than progress. Atm, he has got stuck in Rubin for signing a long term contract and warming the bench until his term is over. Playing first choice in IPL >> Warming the bench as third choice in RPL

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
                      Haghighi is not progressing warming the bench of Rubin kazan. He could do better playing regular matches in IPL. Not playing any match in RPL or any other European league does not help him. He needs playing time otherwise he is wasting his time.
                      I don’t see what this has to do with the discussion here? Whether Haghghhi is progressing or not, that was not the point and is a different topic. Fact is he is trying hard and continues fighting for a spot in Europe. Fortunately (so far) he is not mentally weak enough to go back to Iran or go for the money in some 8-0er league.
                      Formerly known as Persianking!
                      Follow me @
                      instagram/iranscout
                      instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

this argument about players not being focused enough because of external factors such as social media is heavily flawed.

here's my 2 cents before I go out for yalda.

first of all, social media and journalists (especially iranians) asking players absurd questions wasn't that big in hashemian, daei, and kia's era.

as long as they show up to their trainings and do their best putting their bodies on the line for TM and their club duties, what else do you want them to do? some of these guys mentioned by members here could have boycotted TM for Russia NT for $$$$ (Azmoun) and trying to stay in Europe instead of easy arab $$$.

and so what if azmoun is being an active social media user? So is Lukaku on twitter and Neymar on his insta and look at where they are. Thousands of athletes worldwide have banter, "distractions", pics, tweets, etc and they still show up on the field whether it's for games or training and doing a pretty good job at it.

Comment

Another great interview with Hashemian

http://video.varzesh3.com/video/1086...A8%D8%A7%D9%84

Comment

Working...
                          X