Takht-e Jamshid Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Takht-e Jamshid Cup

I found this website, It has a lot of great info about Takht-e Jamishid cup (The league before the revolution) tons of pictures, info about each team that participated in the cup for each year the league was played and many other things.

Thought some here might find it interesting and useful.

http://takhtejamshidcup.com/

They also have some info about Team Melli in those years and rare pictures. Here is TM against Hong Kong in 68 Asian cup

And again against Hong Kong in 78 WCQ

The only annoying thing is the somewhat big watermark other than that great collection and info.

Everything was more organized during the time of khoda biamorz Shah. Because we had qualified people running everything in the country. Mullahs don't even have a finalized version for the trophy they give, they change it's appearance every year but 40 years ago we had Takht-e Jamshid cup with a finalized design. It might seem minor but even that made our league more professional.

Wish I was born then.

Comment

By the way they also have info about other sports before revolution like boxing, basketball, weightlifting, etc.

Here is Masis Hambarsounian, TM Boxer

Comment

Alan Whittle playing for Persepolis

Scoring for Persepolis against Machin Sazi Tabriz

VS Taj and Andranik Eskandrarian

Comment

IFF needs to bring back this TM jersey. I would buy it in a heartbeat. If IFF was smart they could have made a lot of money of us fans.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
            IFF needs to bring back this TM jersey. I would buy it in a heartbeat. If IFF was smart they could have made a lot of money of us fans.

You know they would put IR infront of Iran anyways..

Comment

I like the old TM kit with green shirt, white short and red socks.

https://www.google.com/search?q=iran...no67rkRgeaM%3A

https://www.google.com/search?q=iran...1nDCVML9YYM%3A

Comment

Honestly, our old kits look so much better even though they are so simple...
                Plus, Ali Parvin looks like such a Boss in all those pics.

Comment

It's a shame that there are only TM footages but no single league footage before 1979. There is no single derby footage from the 70s.

Iran's road to the 1978 World Cup

Iran in the Asian Games 1974

Comment

They have a page dedicated to my uncle on this site. Gotta find my dad and tell him haha.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Working...
                      X