No announcement yet.

Iran U23 vs Syria U23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me Farshid Esmaili, Heydarieh and Daneshgar had below average game, Ali Karimi was Ok but i was expecting more from him.

btw,I hope Akhbari stay healthy, the gap between him and second and 3rd keepers is very huge.

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
      What did they expect him to do?

Did they want a grown-ass man to jump up and down for joy, and kiss peyrovani on the lips in the heat of the moment.

Let's not forget this wasn't exactly the match that secured our ticket to rio 2016. Just another group stage match.

But this is an Iranian newspaper let's not forget. These are the people that wrote "befarmaeed sham" straight after the Paris attacks.
      It was not about his reaction on the goals, but about him ignoring Kashani. I've watched the video I've posted above and even though the quality is bad, you can see Kashani calling Carlos while CQ immediately left the stadium after the game. I don't know if CQ was in hurry, or did it on purpose, but one thing I've learned is, that you should at least respond back to your colleagues in school/university/work, if they greet you, even if you don't like them. Again, I don't know the exact truth.

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
        It was not about his reaction on the goals, but about him ignoring Kashani. I've watched the video I've posted above and even though the quality is bad, you can see Kashani calling Carlos while CQ immediately left the stadium after the game. I don't know if CQ was in hurry, or did it on purpose, but one thing I've learned is, that you should at least respond back to your colleagues in school/university/work, if they greet you, even if you don't like them. Again, I don't know the exact truth.
        The guy saying "Mr. Queiroz" is not Kashani. His lips were not even moving. Since the sound seems to be coming so close to the camera I assume it is the guy who is filming. Also Kashani did not stop and you can see at the very end of the video going after CQ to talk to him. So who knows if he did or not.

Comment

Folks,
          I realize this was just the first game and drawing too many conclusions may not be all that wise, but let's give ourselves some credit, that as an experienced Iranian spectators who has experienced so many up and downs, we are now pretty capable to tell a good Iranian team from a not so good one, right from the outset.

Unfortunately, the out set for this U23 did not look so bright!! .. I put this team in the category of "Not So Good". And by that I mean, this team does not have the depth, the quality and mental strength to lift the top prize.

I didn't see a rhythm, a style or anything that suggested this team came to the field with a plan that was already rehearsed and its participants knew what they are supposed to do.

The first thing that stood out for me was that almost every player looked like they are playing out of their usual position.

Abdulah Zadeh as the right defence was sending long balls for Milad Mohammadi on the left, instead of delivering good passes to his immediate right wing M Torabi.
          Daneshgar and Heydarieh was a very nervous combination. Syrian team soon realized, if anything comes their way it would be from the big hole they discovered on the left. Almost all the balls ended up in that part of the field.

No one in this team knows how to hit the ball with their heads, from defense to strikers. There were too many misses to the point that was almost comical to watch!

I saw some spark of positive in the mid of the field but even that the players latched on to the ball often more than necessary before making a pass.

There was some sharp short passing from time to time, but I didn't see a good ending.

Khakpour had very little impact on the second half. The goals came as result of individual efforts.

I will be worried when this team faces a tougher competition. The speed of Koreans, the sharpness of Japanese, the physique of the Australians and resilient of Iraqis.

Let's see what happens against Qatar, although it is not the group stage that kills us, it is always the next rounds when experience and mental focus becomes the wining tickets.

Good Luck Iran.

Comment

Actually Khakpour turned thing around in second half, i am not his fan at all and i said many time, he doesn't have resume to coach at such a level but he fast realized his mistake, he brought Kamandani in and gave Karimi more space to play his game so credit to him.

This team still has a long way and need to do some improvement for next games and possible next rounds. We may see different line up vs Qatar. I still don't get some Daneshgar and Heydarieh in defense, Aliyari and Kanani are much better options.

Comment

On a side note kudos to Khakpour for keeping in such amazing shape. He by far is the most in shape Iranian coach, not even an ounce of fat or belly, plus he sure is well dressed!

The only other Iranian coach close to him that I can think of is Golmohammadi.

Anyway Friday match against Qatar is one hell of a game, and must not be missed out on!

Comment

I have a feeling Khakpour and Omid will go all the way. I don't know what it is in my gut, but I feel it.

I also feel something bad will happen. I feel something bad with Carlos if Omid wins the Asian Cup. I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                  According to who? I thought he was pretty below average today he didn't perform half as well as he usually does for sepahan. It took him about 50-55 minutes to create a real chance for us and had very little control as a CM he needs to do much better. He was better than Esmaeli though.

I wasn't too impressed. The first half was sub-par to say the least Syria looked weaker than an azadegan side and we couldn't manage to create any real chances or get full control of the game like we should have. It took individual skill from Motahari to score a goal in the second half because Ali Karimi and Esmaeli couldn't get much going. Torabi didn't look great either. Daneshgar made a few silly mistakes too I'm not comfortable with him back there especially when we have Kanaani (have no clue why khakpour chose Daneshgar in place of him).

The second half was better but still nothing to rave about....we started to get control of the game and played with a much higher sense of urgency. We actually had an existing passing game and better created some chances.

Overall the only players that were above average were abdollahzadeh, Cheshmi, Akhbari, Motahari, Mohammadi, and Naghizadeh. Maybe I'm being a bit picky about today's performance but that's because I know the teams potential and is capeable of much, much better than today's performance.
                  I saw the highlights, we looked decent at least from what I saw in the highlights. I noticed that we didn't commit too many players forward. I think the speed in the counter attacks looked nice, but again its too early to judge this team. At the same time Syria is not a serious opponent. The positive thing i see in this tournament is that we are definitely going to qualify from our group. Our biggest challenge will be in the quarter final probably vs. Japan or Saudi Arabia if im not mistaken. If we manage to make it to the semis, we have a 75% chance of qualifying to the olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran007 View Post
                    Congradulation on beating a WAR-TORN country who doesnt have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of.
                    The real test awaits.
                    I am not SOLD Mr. KOhan......
                    Lets see how the story ends.
                    Oh come on bro...I hate this Goh-An just as much as you, but don’t put your hatred towards him over TM - because that’s exactly what this maniac does as well, so let’s not be like him. AT the end it’s about OUR national youth team, especially when facing 8-0er teams. MK is not the coach anyway, it's Khakpour who as far as I know never said anything against TM.

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
                    Iran Varzeshi has now covered it

You can see the scene at 0:32
                    http://video.varzesh3.com/video/1066...1%D8%B2%D8%B43
                    What a useless video! CQ didn’t even look to the right and its not even sure if Kashani really wanted to go towards CQ. These bastards always look for the smallest reason to create hashyie. Anyways, guys like Kashani can get lost. They demand respect, but truly are thugs of the regime. I will always support CQ when it comes to humiliating and calling out these criminals.
                    Formerly known as Persianking!
                    Follow me @
                    instagram/iranscout
                    instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli1 View Post
                      I have a feeling Khakpour and Omid will go all the way. I don't know what it is in my gut, but I feel it.
                      I don't know if we'll go all the way TM jaan (hoping of course and keeping fingers crossed), but I do know that we've already come pretty far and I will even consider getting out of the group stage an accomplishment, considering past TM Omid performances.

I do see A LOT of improvements in the team tactically even since the qualifiers for this tournament and it's night and day between this team and the Asian Games. If we keep improving at the same rate during this tournament and peak at the right time, who knows.

I'm a bit surprised to see people being so critical of our performance yesterday, because to me it seemed VERY calculated and the implementation was PERFECT. Most people should have known that the purpose of the 1st half was only to frustrate the Syrians by neutralizing the midfield and offense which we did perfectly.

And most people obviously didn't notice this, but Khakpour has a HUGE impact on the 2nd half. When he brought in Kamandani, he switched the formation to 4-1-4-1 essentially switching Karimi from defensive duties to offensive responsibilities and he was given a lot of freedom to move around.

As I mentioned in my article, the impact was almost immediate with Kamandani and Karimi connecting. Then Kamandani with Motahaari. And I don't think that move was accidental at all - it looked like a very well rehearsed move specifically designed to pierce Syria's defense who had proven in the last match they can be caught off guard in those situations.

And the fact that our 2nd goal was a mirror play of the 2nd goal against Syria in the WAFF U-23 again shows that those were tactical rather than accidental plays. Of course, we'll find out on Friday how good Khakpour really is in analysing the other teams.

Qatar is strong on the wings offensively but they're also weak in their right defense, so I expect an old-school 4-5-1 to start the match with Torabi and Milad Mohammadi pushed right to the lines for those deep runs and Kamandani, Karimi and Naghizadeh killing Qatar's creativity in midfield.

I would also not be surprised to see Mehrdad start the match instead of Arsalan. And Aliari could play a much more piercing role than Heidarieh so a 2nd half switch to bring him on after Qatar has been frustrated as a possible move.

One thing is certain... Qatar are definitely not a physically stronger or more fit team than Syria, so our offensive strategy will be more focused on the 2nd half, much like the game against Syria.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli1 View Post

I also feel something bad will happen. I feel something bad with Carlos if Omid wins the Asian Cup. I don't know.
                        I feel CQ will have a fight and leave.

Comment

CQ and Bora Milutinovic

Comment

Formerly known as Persianking!
                            Follow me @
                            instagram/iranscout
                            instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

^ kaleshagh hanozam hese irani bodan dare!

Comment

Didnt Jabbari turn Qatari?

Comment

Working...
                                X