What Scenarios Iran Goes Through?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The top two teams of each group advance to the quarter-finals.

Tiebreakers
    1. Greater number of points obtained in the group matches between the teams concerned;
    2. Goal difference resulting from the group matches between the teams concerned;
    3. Greater number of goals scored in the group matches between the teams concerned;
    4. If, after applying criteria 1 to 3, teams still have an equal ranking, criteria 1 to 3 are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the teams in question to determine their final rankings. If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria 5 to 9 apply;
    5. Goal difference in all the group matches;
    6. Greater number of goals scored in all the group matches;
    7. Penalty shoot-out if only two teams are involved and they are both on the field of play;
    8. Fewer score calculated according to the number of yellow and red cards received in the group matches (1 point for a single yellow card, 3 points for a red card as a consequence of two yellow cards, 3 points for a direct red card, 4 points for a yellow card followed by a direct red card);
    9. Drawing of lots.

1. Iran winning against China means 100% through the next round

2. Iran winning by 2 or more goals and Syria beating Qatar by any score means Iran going through as group leader

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
      1. Iran winning against China means 100% through the next round

2. Iran winning by 2 or more goals and Syria beating Qatar by any score means Iran going through as group leader
      Doesn't it only comes down to the goal difference against the concerned teams (Qatar and Syria)? If we win against China, we will finish with six points, as well as Qatar and Syria. According to the regulations, the points between Qatar, Syria and Iran will decide. As all of them would finish with six points, it will come down to goal difference.

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
        Doesn't it only comes down to the goal difference against the concerned teams (Qatar and Syria)? If we win against China, we will finish with six points, as well as Qatar and Syria. According to the regulations, the points between Qatar, Syria and Iran will decide. As all of them would finish with six points, it will come down to goal difference.
        Yes. In the scenario that I mentioned we will have a goal difference of 3 while Qatar and Syria will have less than that (unless Syria wins with a huge goal difference which would be impossible).

Comment

Yes. In the scenario that I mentioned we will have a goal difference of 3 while Qatar and Syria will have less than that (unless Syria wins with a huge goal difference which would be impossible).
          Edited, I figured it out. Thank you very much!
          Last edited by 04041374; 01-15-2016, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Anything is possible consider one side belongs to LE (Lizard eaters

Joking aside though, I don't think Syria wins, therefore it will be Iran and Qatr going through. After all it's their country. They're the hosts. And also they are showcasing their team that will be playing in the World Cup for them most likely starting today. In 2022 they will be at their pick. They will be in Olympics. Mark my word.

This Qatari team has been together for years and traditionally Arabs are Internationally successful at youth level (only) but I don't know what happens afte that; whether early marriage (too much sex) or food; they dicline. That's sad though. Saudis and Iraqis are the only Asian side ever winning a medal in youth level. Saudis once took the crown. But what happens after that God knows.

I like their goalie and also the massive midfielder (3 goals to his name already). They may not have our skills, however they are quick, smart with a lot of stamina. It was also good to see more Arabs than South American rejects. I think they have got the message already. This Qatar or Saudi maybe able to beat us in friendlies or youth level big when it comes to professional national senior team, we will kick their butt. No worries
            But their goalie man. Guys, do you still remember Al Sharawi? He reminds me of him. Not his height though. His reflexes. Such a short guy but with those quick reflexes. He saved 3 - 100% goals. He has a great future.
            sigpic
            SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
            IRAN
            - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

IRAN WILL ROCK IN ASIA AGAIN IF IRI IS OVERTHROWN... MUBARAK, BIN-ALI, NOW IT IS THE TURN FOR SEID ALI

Comment

Iran will qualify as second team unfortunately, i don't see us survive vs Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                Iran will qualify as second team unfortunately, i don't see us survive vs Japan.
                Japan are on decline, people are losing interest in football there it seems, trends come and go in that technology-full country. Look at Korea. Always been there as a footballing nation. Only Iran and Korea have been able to keep the culture alive.

Comment

Japan are best team of this tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Gucci10 View Post
                    Japan are on decline, people are losing interest in football there it seems, trends come and go in that technology-full country. Look at Korea. Always been there as a footballing nation. Only Iran and Korea have been able to keep the culture alive.
                    They don't like football that much but still they have more successful players in Europe than the rest of Asia combined. Yoshinori Muto, 22, their latest export has been the best Asian player in Europe this season. Their U-23 squad has two proven players in Europe too.

Tbh, their first game was poor. But good teams have a tendency to get off to a slow start and raise their game in their knockout matches. We shouldn't underrate them.

Comment

^^^Yeah Muto looks very promising in Bundesliga right now.

It's no wonder Mainz didn't release him for this tournament. he is by far their best player

Edit: LOLL sorry it seems he is born in 1992 so he would not have been eligible anyway[emoji4]

Comment

Originally posted by arasradio View Post
                        Anything is possible consider one side belongs to LE (Lizard eaters

Joking aside though, I don't think Syria wins, therefore it will be Iran and Qatr going through. After all it's their country. They're the hosts. And also they are showcasing their team that will be playing in the World Cup for them most likely starting today. In 2022 they will be at their pick. They will be in Olympics. Mark my word.

This Qatari team has been together for years and traditionally Arabs are Internationally successful at youth level (only) but I don't know what happens afte that; whether early marriage (too much sex) or food; they dicline. That's sad though. Saudis and Iraqis are the only Asian side ever winning a medal in youth level. Saudis once took the crown. But what happens after that God knows.

I like their goalie and also the massive midfielder (3 goals to his name already). They may not have our skills, however they are quick, smart with a lot of stamina. It was also good to see more Arabs than South American rejects. I think they have got the message already. This Qatar or Saudi maybe able to beat us in friendlies or youth level big when it comes to professional national senior team, we will kick their butt. No worries
                        But their goalie man. Guys, do you still remember Al Sharawi? He reminds me of him. Not his height though. His reflexes. Such a short guy but with those quick reflexes. He saved 3 - 100% goals. He has a great future.
                        Orogh ke baazikonhaashoon 27 saaleshoone, malome ke medal kasb mikonan.
                        DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Iran will face Japan and South Korea will face Australia in the quarter-finals. The two of the big four teams will be eliminated. That's why the Arab federation changed the qualification format!

Comment

lol, Japan was awful in their first match against North Korea.
                            We usually perform better against 'top teams' - If we play Japan, we will beat them imo.

Comment

These are ALL the scenarios under which we can still secure a quarterfinals spot (starting from the worst case):

We lose to China: As long as we don't lose by a goal margin of 2 or more, we will still go through as the 2nd team IF Qatar beat Syria (approx odds to advance 30%).

We tie China:
                              We will go through as the 2nd team as long as Syria don't beat Qatar (approx odds to advance 65%).

We beat China:
                              Odds to advance 100%

* We will go through as the 1st team IF Syria beat Qatar with a one or two goal margin or exact score of 3-0 (approx odds to finish 1st 30%)

* Under any other scenario, we'll go through as the 2nd team
                              Last edited by Bi-honar; 01-16-2016, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X