No announcement yet.

2016 U23 Asian Cup 18/1/2016 Iran - China; Time, Date, Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man tanha yeki az baazihaaye Japon raa didam, amma mitonam begam kheili porsor'at baazi mikonan, khate defaie maa konde. Khakpour bayad ye joori poshesh bede taa Japonihaa

fazaa peydaa nakonan. Man bodaam sai mikardam az sor'ate Toraabi, Mehrdaad Mohammadi Va Motahari roye zedde hamle estefadeh konam.
    DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

I guess if we're going to look for positives,

1 - We didn't choke!

2 - TM Omid finally made it back to the quarterfinals of a continental championship (U-23 + Olympics) after 6 years - and the first time ever without overage players.

3 - Cheshmi was providing better coverage for his left and right backs - best I've seen from him so far.

4 - I think we had a good calculated first half in maintaining possession and probing China's defense.

5 - There were some really nice one-two's in this match that I haven't seen before.

And if we absolutely must mention the negatives

1 - I think our left and right D were showing signs of fatigue in this match... that was a dumb penalty to give away and that's the same problem that came back to bite us in the ass in quarters of the Asian Cup (with Pooladi and then PAG's penalty).

2 - Absolutely TERRIBLE 2nd half tactically - it was really dumb for Khakpour to instruct his players to sit back and let China get into the groove. It's never over till it's over and that could have really come back to hurt us if the result of the other match turned quickly.

3 - Kanaani looks slow and unsure to me - I haven't been happy with either of his performances.

4 - We still had problems with the offside trap. China's 1st goal looked offside, but even if he was half a step back (i.e. onside) the result would have been the same.

Overall, like I said earlier, I'm happy we're going to face Japan because we get to know where we stand and if we can raise our game against better teams. Don't forget, Japan actually topped their group in London and eventually finished 3rd - in the Olympics!

So, at the expense of sounding like Sinatra, if we can make it here, we can make it anywhere!

And I don't think it's an impossible task at all.
      Last edited by Bi-honar; 01-18-2016, 11:42 AM.

Comment

The Chinese team was physical and they could break anyone's legs. So that can affect how a young player plays. The Japanese play a cleaner game so it will be plus.

regarding Arabs my new idea is to refer to the bad ones as the TBA or the brainwashed arabs. They are simple people and some of them get brainwashed by saudi right wingers and reactionaries and they hate others including Persians and even Americans. So from now on you are welcome to use the term TBA without insulting some good people.

Comment

Faghat Mayeli Kohan. Age on nabood alan bazi shayad mosavi mishod. Mayeli has attacking mindset, if he wan not in the team we might have drew the match. Mayeli kohan took our team to WC98. We need to support him now.

Comment

this team is going no where, the weakest omid team ever. We need to put the emotions aside and see the bitter reallty in the eyes. Besides Torabi the rest is to forget incl. the coach team.

Cheghad riz o kochik o zaeef josse hastand. 2 ta pass sahih namitonan bedan, 2 ta shoot dorost hessabi roye darvazeye harif namitoonan ersal konan,,,,,,footbal mahali va gol kochik style bazi mikonan

Just wondering how this team could win the west asian tounement.
            3 of these teams will make it: Qatar, Korea, Japan, Irak and UAE.
            basta.

Comment

Is anyone else happy about Iran meeting Japan rather than say Saudi Arabia?
              I think that an eventual match against KSA would be so much more than just football (political shit), and our players are not known for keeping emotions in check. I feel that CQ has changed this in the senior team, but with Khakpour and Mayelikohan running this U23 team...no way...
              I think we are better off facing Japan

Comment

Originally posted by AIrani View Post
                As several members have mentioned, the second half was poor. Mohammadi must be kicked out of Team-e Melli for missing that one on one chance. That should have been a goal.

Iran was not motivated and I think it was good idea to take two good players out. Iran does not play a good football. Poor defending and poor finishes.

I do NOT like Iranian coaches shouting from the side. This adds to the stress of watching the games.
                kicked out of TM for missing a one v one? This isn't Iraq man

Comment

[emoji1130][emoji460][emoji627]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  [SIZE=5][FONT=Times New Roman]ASHEGET[COLOR=blue]

Comment

Originally posted by Nader25 View Post
                    this team is going no where, the weakest omid team ever. We need to put the emotions aside and see the bitter reallty in the eyes. Besides Torabi the rest is to forget incl. the coach team.
                    If we're going to put emotions aside Nader jaan, let's keep things in perspective. This team has actually gone further than any other Omid team - and we are the closest to the Olympics than we have been since 1980.

And we just made it to the quarterfinals of Asia's championship - without our 3 best players if I may add and an inexperienced coach at best - which is as far as our senior team went last year with all its star players and a world class coach.

IMHO we should be proud of their accomplishment and fully support them, as we should with all our teams.

There's a lot of negativity in the media, on the board and everywhere really when it comes to this team and they've done what they've done with all that negativity and lack of support.

As fans, if we want a team to succeed, we have to stand behind them and be positive IMHO - worst case scenario they'll get eliminated in the next round and we can be negative then!

Comment

This team sucks big time in defense and there not much alternative on bench, we are ok on midfielder and attack but our defense, right, central and left is very shaky. I can't see how this team with such a defense will survive vs a team like Japan. Hope they do.

Comment

Doostaan agar migooyid omidi beh omid nist cheh behtar aaanraa dar ghalb va maghze khod negah daarid taa baazi baa Japan aghaaz nashodeh.

fekr konid Omid players come and read here. maybe some are internet addict as many other people.

Think positive and do goftaare nik

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                          If we're going to put emotions aside Nader jaan, let's keep things in perspective. This team has actually gone further than any other Omid team - and we are the closest to the Olympics than we have been since 1980.

And we just made it to the quarterfinals of Asia's championship - without our 3 best players if I may add and an inexperienced coach at best - which is as far as our senior team went last year with all its star players and a world class coach.

IMHO we should be proud of their accomplishment and fully support them, as we should with all our teams.

There's a lot of negativity in the media, on the board and everywhere really when it comes to this team and they've done what they've done with all that negativity and lack of support.

As fans, if we want a team to succeed, we have to stand behind them and be positive IMHO - worst case scenario they'll get eliminated in the next round and we can be negative then!
                          This team rely only on Torabi's game which is pretty sad. There is no defense, 5-6 real chances on goal in 3 games and 4 goals allowed, that is suicide. Cheshmi is probably only half decent guy out there. Wasn't really impressed by Kanani in this tournament and both right and left, Abollahzadeh and either of Aliyari and Heydarieh sucked big time.

Comment

Another positive sidenote: Only two wins and we make it to the Olympics

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
                              Another positive sidenote: Only two wins and we make it to the Olympics
                              We are only 180 minutes away from our comeback after 40 years.

180 minutes guys! We shall not give in!

Comment

Torabi, Motahari, Milad Mo. should be starters against Japan. Defense needs some lessons from Queiroz on discipline.

I thought Abdollahzadeh played well against Syria, poor penalty to give up here though.

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Working...
                                X