2016 U23 Asian Cup 18/1/2016 Iran - China; Time, Date, Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
    Faghat Mayeli Kohan. Age on nabood alan bazi shayad mosavi mishod. Mayeli has attacking mindset, if he wan not in the team we might have drew the match. Mayeli kohan took our team to WC98. We need to support him now.
    Doste geraami,

shoma ghorshaayi ke mikhorid che rangi darand?
    DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Bi-Honar jan, of course we love our boys, but we have also the right to get upset over bad performances and have the right to criticize.
      Bayast ya jooraee takhliyeh konim ke bimari afsordagi nagirim
      Shanidi migan: Kab saresh ro mikoneh zire balesh fekr minkoneh kassi namibinesh intori?
      We should not fool ourselves and dare mention things by names. I refuse to support a team to every price in order to be a good fan or supporter of the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
        If we're going to put emotions aside Nader jaan, let's keep things in perspective. This team has actually gone further than any other Omid team - and we are the closest to the Olympics than we have been since 1980.

And we just made it to the quarterfinals of Asia's championship - without our 3 best players if I may add and an inexperienced coach at best - which is as far as our senior team went last year with all its star players and a world class coach.

IMHO we should be proud of their accomplishment and fully support them, as we should with all our teams.

There's a lot of negativity in the media, on the board and everywhere really when it comes to this team and they've done what they've done with all that negativity and lack of support.

As fans, if we want a team to succeed, we have to stand behind them and be positive IMHO - worst case scenario they'll get eliminated in the next round and we can be negative then!
        What lack of support? Financially, this team has been the most privileged Team Omid I've seen in the past 12 years. If there's negativity in the media, then it's warranted. Our managerial staff includes an incompetent (Khakpour) and someone who should be in a mental asylum (Mayelikohan).

There's been a lot of talk about how this is a highly talented team but I don't believe that. Aside from Torabi, Milad Mohammadi, and perhaps 1-2 others, I doubt any other of these players will have a relevant role in our senior team anytime soon.

In the past, I've often said that it's easy to be a pessimist and critic since you win either way. That being said, I'm going to have to be a harsh critic here. This team has not inspired any ounce of confidence to make me believe that that they're going to overcome two teams in the elimination round to make the Olympics. If our goal is to rely on Torabi to make the Olympics, then you can be sure that he will be neutralized very quickly by the opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardalan View Post
          Doste geraami,
          shoma ghorshaayi ke mikhorid che rangi darand?
          Rangvarange M&M hala moshkelet chie dadash. Harfe hagh talkhe?

Comment

If Mohammadi is good enough to start for the Senior TM as the left back, why can't he start for the OMID team?

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
              This team rely only on Torabi's game which is pretty sad. There is no defense, 5-6 real chances on goal in 3 games and 4 goals allowed, that is suicide. Cheshmi is probably only half decent guy out there. Wasn't really impressed by Kanani in this tournament and both right and left, Abollahzadeh and either of Aliyari and Heydarieh sucked big time.
              For sure our defense hasn't been super impressive, but Khakpour keeps changing them around, so it's hard to say whether it's lack of co-ordination or they're just crap!

I'm HOPING that he was still testing the players in this round to find the perfect combo - of course it's dumb to do these things during a tournament but don't forget they were dealing with the same limitations as TM in terms of decent friendlies.

Also, we have been playing a more offensive style in all three matches which exposes your weaknesses in defense a lot more - sort of what happened to TM against Turkmenistan and Oman.

With Japan, I'm HOPING (I keep capitalizing that because one would think Khakpour's smart enough to figure it out) that we're going to be much more cautious and conservative and sit back (more in tune with how TM played in the WC) which is going to close a lot of the gaps.

And in all fairness, Japan have not been super impressive either and have their own issues - they were not convincing against North Korea and those guys were just horrible (I'd say almost as bad as China), although they were good against Thailand.

Even though they'll likely be using a reserve squad against the Saudis, it will be interesting to see how they perform against the 2nd team in the group. And of course, it never hurts to pray for a miracle!!!

Comment

Our biggest shortcoming indeed is our defense, our next flaw is our offense and finishing touches.

My expectations of this team was in all honesty higher than what I have so far seen of them, however o believe I am fair enough of a person to acknowledge the absence of several of our best U-23 players, the team definitely at times displays some moments of brilliance which leaves some glimpse of hope for the next round(s).

I dislike giving up, especially when I see hope, and this team is definitely far from being called a hopeless team.

I for one prefer playing against Japan, rather than KSA, first because we all know how these Middle eastern teams can sometimes manage to cause is trouble be it by their dirty play or by the outside of the pitch forces etc. Plus losing to Japan is way more digestible than losing to a team like KSA, particularly at such critical times under such delicate political tensions and circumstances.

Overall I am not too impressed with Khakpour and MK in charge of the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
                  If there's negativity in the media, then it's warranted. Our managerial staff includes an incompetent (Khakpour) and someone who should be in a mental asylum (Mayelikohan).
                  Well, that's just it Nader jaan, these guys are giving it 100% and doing their best with that very HUGE limitation - I would have a panic attack just being around MK!

I actually feel bad for the boys and feel like I need to support them even more for that very reason.

Comment

Well, that's just it Nader jaan, these guys are giving it 100% and doing their best with that very HUGE limitation. I actually feel bad for the boys and feel like I need to support them even more for that very reason.
                    LOL

Comment

^^^ LOL - Naranji from Madreseye Moosha!

Har salam divooneh tar mishe engar. Did you see his interview after the Qatar match? I couldn't make heads or tails from a single sentence!

I'm just worried he might run for president next time - AN did it, why shouldn't he?!

Comment

^^^ LOL - Naranji from Madreseye Moosha!

Har salam divooneh tar mishe engar. Did you see his interview after the Qatar match? I couldn't make heads or tails from a single sentence!

I'm just worried he might run for president next time - AN did it, why shouldn't he?!
                        Instead of laughing at him, watch how he change our team. Now our football is all attacks as all costs no matter what. Mayeli is a professional genius. He single handedly pick great players and took our team in 96 AC smashed KSA 3-0, Korea 6-2 and took us to WC98. He is the king.

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
                          Instead of laughing at him, watch how he change our team. Now our football is all attacks as all costs no matter what. Mayeli is a professional genius. He single handedly pick great players and took our team in 96 AC smashed KSA 3-0, Korea 6-2 and took us to WC98. He is the king.
                          Don't forget the 1992 Futsal World Cup, where we became 4th under his guidance. Haji Mayeli ftw.

Comment

It's a skill to understand forum sarcasm, but by now all of you should have acquired it

Comment

2-0 Japan ...what's the next tourney?!! Our defense can't handle Japanese offensive plays. Unless we play 8 back all the time and go to penalty shout out

Comment

Great... some of you have already given up 4 days before the match starts.

This is very unique among Iranians.

Comment

Working...
                                X