Interview with Vahid Amiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interview with Vahid Amiri

Really good interview with him from ISNA.
    He is much smarter and rational than I thought.

http://isna.ir/fa/news/94111106451/%...F-%D8%A7%D8%B2

Some interesting points.
    - He started football very late due to what he says was people thinking he's too small or not good enough.
    - He has a law degree! And is now working on his M.Sc.
    - His wage is probably the lowest of all national team players because he signed a 3 yr contract with Naft Tehran (This is his last year of the contract)
    - The club has had offers and are negotiating.
    - He says he would love to play in Europe despite his age.
    - However, he says due to his late start in football and relatively low salary he really hasn't made any money in football and he needs to think of his future.
    - He says his "olgooye akhlaghi" is Karim Bagheri. The players he looks up to technically are Naser Mohamadkhani and Arjen Robben
    - Praises CQ alot and says he is a great coach and those who say they are forced into praising him have no idea what they're talking about.

Basically from the interview, I think he has a good head on his shoulders, but due to his family situation (from a very small town in Lorestan) and recently being engaged, he will probably be in Qatar or China next year.

He is one guy I don't mind going to Qatar/China.

He isn't 20, he started his football late. Basically he was in Azadegan for a couple years and then came to Naft. He is at a kind of "mid-point" in his career, and clearly hasn't made any money due to the late start. Let him go make some cash. Whether he goes to Europe or ends up making big cash in a different league, he has a Cinderella story anyway.

How many players do we know with such a late start in football who made their national team, has played in an Asian Cup, and may play in a World Cup potentially? (invited by CQ no less)?

This is also a lesson for people not to listen to anyone's garbage when they tell you that you can't do something (wish I had the same resolve as Amiri).

Comment

The best Iranian dribbler in current football along with Dejagah

Comment

Originally posted by Ando Teymourian View Post
        He is one guy I don't mind going to Qatar/China.

He isn't 20, he started his football late. Basically he was in Azadegan for a couple years and then came to Naft. He is at a kind of "mid-point" in his career, and clearly hasn't made any money due to the late start. Let him go make some cash. Whether he goes to Europe or ends up making big cash in a different league, he has a Cinderella story anyway.

How many players do we know with such a late start in football who made their national team, has played in an Asian Cup, and may play in a World Cup potentially? (invited by CQ no less)?

This is also a lesson for people not to listen to anyone's garbage when they tell you that you can't do something (wish I had the same resolve as Amiri).

Only one I can think of is Daei. Basically he only became known around age 23 because he was finishing his education as well.

Comment

Nothing but respect for this guy. Even though has no defensive awareness, he's hard worker and seems really humble. Best of luck!

Comment

He is not that old(27), maybe for playing in Europe is a bit old. I saw his interview in Navad after Asian Cup and he seems to be really good guy.

Comment

One of my favorite in the current TM....I hope he goes to Europe but he is one of the few players I would not be angry with whatsoever if he went to China or Qatar given his low income and late start to his career. He would be perfect for the French league or Portuguese league.
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Good Luck wherever he goes as long as he can keep his fitness. We absolutely need him in our RW.

Comment

Working...
                X