Fifa Ranking- February 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fifa Ranking- February 2016

Fifa ranking will be used to determine the seeding for final round of AFC WCQ 2018. They will use the last Fifa ranking before the draw for final round which is the April one most likely. The draw for final round is in
    April 14, 2016.

Here is the February Fifa ranking:

49.Iran 626 points
    60. Korea republic 580 pts.
    61.Saudi arabia 571 pts.
    62.Japan 569 pts.
    67.UAE 520 pts.
    69.Australia 510 pts.
    70. Uzbekistan 502 pts.
    80.Qatar 444 pts.
    92.Iraq 372 pts.
    98. Korea Dpr 350 pts.
    120.Thailand 286 pts.
    125. Syria 278 pts.

For February Fifa ranking, Saudi Arabia will have 571 points and Australia will have 510. This means that Saudi Arabia will be third Asian team in next Fifa ranking (February). No match in the March, so I do not expect much changes for March Fifa ranking. The April ranking will be used for final seeding most likely, So we do not know the final seeding yet, and the results of March matches can have significant effects on April Ranking. (Uae vs. Saudi Arabia match in March is probably the most important match for final seeding.) If we do not see Australia in top 4 of April Ranking, most teams probably prefer to avoid Australia.

If there is going to be any discussion about Fifa ranking before the final draw, it can be in this thread.

Here is the February ranking and the April one will be used for final seeding most likely:

49.Iran 626 points
    61.Saudi arabia 571 pts.
    62.Japan 569 pts.
    67.UAE 520 pts.
    69.Australia 510 pts.
    70. Uzbekistan 502 pts.
    80.Qatar 444 pts.
    92.Iraq 372 pts.
    98. Korea Dpr 350 pts.
    120.Thailand 286 pts.
    125. Syria 278 pts.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarbaze-Vatan View Post
      Here is the February ranking and the April one will be used for final seeding most likely:

49.Iran 626 points
      61.Saudi arabia 571 pts.
      62.Japan 569 pts.
      67.UAE 520 pts.
      69.Australia 510 pts.
      70. Uzbekistan 502 pts.
      80.Qatar 444 pts.
      92.Iraq 372 pts.
      98. Korea Dpr 350 pts.
      120.Thailand 286 pts.
      125. Syria 278 pts.
      Wow those rankings took a big hit. What happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Sarbaze-Vatan View Post
        Fifa ranking will be used to determine the seeding for final round of AFC WCQ 2018. Here is the ranking of Asian teams in January Fifa Ranking:
        43 Iran 672 pts
        51 Korea Republic 617
        53 Japan 607
        59 Australia 583
        64 United Arab Emirates 547
        73 Uzbekistan 489
        75 Saudi Arabia 474
        82 China PR 413
        84 Qatar 404
        86 Jordan 398
        87 Iraq 395
        99 Oman 344
        107 Kyrgyzstan 324
        113 Korea DPR 301
        117 Turkmenistan 294
        121 Bahrain 285
        121 Thailand 285
        125 Syria 278
        131 Palestine 267
        135 Philippines 264
        136 Hong Kong 259
        140 Lebanon 245
        141 Kuwait 242
        For February Fifa ranking, Saudi Arabia will have 571 points and Australia will have 510. This means that Saudi Arabia will be third Asian team in next Fifa ranking (February). No match in the March, so I do not expect much changes for March Fifa ranking. The draw for final round is in April 14, 2016. If they use the last Fifa ranking before draw, it will be April one. So we do not know the final seeding yet, and the results of March matches can have significant effects on April Ranking. If we do not see Australia in top 4 of April Ranking, most teams probably prefer to avoid Australia.
        If there is going to be any discussion about Fifa ranking before the final draw, it can be in this thread.
        What the hell has KSA done in the last month to jump up 4 places among the Asian teams ?? I smell a RAT. KSA must have paid FIFA to assure an easier group for themselves in the next round.

And poor Australia, they are among the top 4 teams in Asia and the current Asian Cup title holders, forced to drop to number 6 in Asia.

Comment

Originally posted by koush22 View Post
          Wow those rankings took a big hit. What happened?
          ????????????????????????

If this ranking does not change by April, we may see ridiculous groups. The Uae vs. Saudi Arabia match in March will probably be the most important match for final seeding.

Comment

We may get our easiest group of all time, if we get this group I honestly expect 30 out of 30 points:

Iran
            KSA
            UAE
            Qatar
            North Korea
            Syria

But this will be the other group:
            South Korea
            Japan
            Australia
            Uzbekistan
            Iraq
            Thailand

If we get lucky and get that group I think Qatar would qualify as second place.

Comment

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
              We may get our easiest group of all time, if we get this group I honestly expect 30 out of 30 points:
              Iran
              KSA
              UAE
              Qatar
              North Korea
              Syria
              South Korea
              Japan
              Australia
              Uzbekistan
              Iraq
              Thailand
              It will be easy on paper, but such a group would be an absolute dread to watch every game. The politics alone would make every game zahre mar.

And how the heck did Saudi overtake so many teams like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                What the hell has KSA done in the last month to jump up 4 places among the Asian team ?? I smell a RAT. KSA must have paid FIFA to assure an easier group for themselves in the next round.

And poor Australia, they are among the top 4 teams in Asia and the current Asian Cup title holders, forced to drop to number 6 in Asia.
                If it goes like that we might get ready for a group with Iran-Japan-Australia-...-...-... and another like South Korea-Saudi Arabia-UAE-...-...-...

That will be awful. Whichever top 3 out of 4 traditional power houses that get in one group will suffer an elimination most likely while Saudis get an easier group. It will be poetic justice if the following happens

First group: Iran-Japan-UAE-Qatar-...-...
                Second group: South Korea-Saudi Arabia-Australia-Uzbekistan-...-...

Comment

Iran
                  KSA
                  UAE
                  Qatar
                  North Korea
                  Syria
                  South Korea
                  Japan
                  Australia
                  Uzbekistan
                  Iraq
                  Thailand
                  That won't happen. Saudis are active since last month to take Iran hosting any competition against them. UAE and Bahrian also followed the Saudis. So in fact if AFC accept their lame excuses then we lose our home advantages against Saudis and Emiratis. There is a possibility Qatar follow its fellow Arab teams as well. Then we lose three home advantages. Playing against many Arabs is risky in this round because they can help each other some how to eliminate Iran. (Remember Qatar lost 5-1 to Uzbekistan in 2013 to make sure Iran won't advance to Fifa 2014 world cup, while at first half Qatar was 1-0 ahead of Uzbekistan).

Comment

Iran
                    KSA
                    UAE
                    Qatar
                    North Korea
                    Syria

South Korea
                    Japan
                    Australia
                    Uzbekistan
                    Iraq
                    Thailand

I would rather have the second group to be honest, at least there would be no cheating in that group. You can bet your house that Qatar will try to do everything in their power (whether legal or illegal), to qualify for at least 1 world cup before their auto spot in 2022. Throw KSA BS in the mix, as well as the general likelihood that the 4 Arab teams would try to help each other out. That makes group 2 look way better to me. If we lose, we would lose in a footballing fashion.

Comment

we can say goodbye if we have this group

iran
                      japan
                      aussie
                      qatar
                      iraq

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                        we can say goodbye if we have this group

iran
                        japan
                        aussie
                        qatar
                        iraq
                        There will be six teams per group. I have feeling that Having Korea or Australia in our group will be better than Japan. I also hope to not see many GCC Arab countries in our group. Regardless of our group, we must be good enough to finish top two in order to qualify without much difficulty.

Comment

We are always first in Asia CQ
                          --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                          --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                          ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                          --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                          ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                            We are always first in Asia CQ
                            Unfortunately, the history is against us for WCQ 2018. The history says that Iran NT qualifies for every other WC. Remember WCQs 2002 where we had even a world class coach Miroslav Blazevic but everything turned against us such as draw for the final round, luck, etc. Note that I am not saying the history matters for final round, when the matches start.

Also I am hearing that Vezarat varzesh is not willing to help the federation to fix the pitch of main Iran NT soccer field and the federation does not have any budget to fix it. We must not have those problems. Every one must help the team and CQ to succeed the qualification to the WC 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by Ando Teymourian View Post
                              I would rather have the second group to be honest, at least there would be no cheating in that group. You can bet your house that Qatar will try to do everything in their power (whether legal or illegal), to qualify for at least 1 world cup before their auto spot in 2022. Throw KSA BS in the mix, as well as the general likelihood that the 4 Arab teams would try to help each other out. That makes group 2 look way better to me. If we lose, we would lose in a footballing fashion.
                              No one wants to see GCC Arab countries in our group for sure. However I hope we do not get at least more than one team from Australia, Japan, and South Korea in our group, because it makes our path to the WC smoother. I think qualifying to the WC 2018 will be very hard for us regardless of group and we must be fully ready.

Comment

Working...
                              X