Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by persian_cheetah View Post
    People from Uzbekistan or Afghanistan call Iran "Eron"
    Actually, Eron comes closer to the correct pronounciation than Iran (eye-ran) -_-

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by shahin2000 View Post
        The important thing to take away from this competition is that the other asian countries are closing the gap every year. We need to improve our game. With this style, we will not survive the group stage in the world cup.
        Dont agree, I guess - from what I seen from the last encounter vs Brazil- the only team which -by the most optimistic scenario- is in line with Iran is Brazil.

What lacks by TM is one and only: the lack of mental strength and self-confidence......otherwise no spain, or italy or russia, not even Brazil could be classified as better teams than Iran.

Easy hame ra lat o par mikardim.

Comment

Congratulations to Iran futsal team and people of Iran! Iran is undoubtedly the strongest team in Asia and one of the strongest in the world I think.

Comment

My closing remarks:

1) Although the quality of futsal has improved across Asia, but undoubtedly Iran is and will remain to be the undisputed Champion in the continent for a foreseeable future. The truth is no country in Asia has ever beaten Iran decisively in a any tournament. A couple of past misses at the continental title, have been incidental at best and perhaps attributable to a very unique situation that Iran faces in Asia. And that deals with the fact that Iran does not see a real challenge until the Semi or in most case the final game. This makes it very difficult to have to prepare technically and mentally for only one game, not having the benefit of the usual warm up and fine tuning that is associated with coming through the group stage and quarterfinals. This won't be the case in World Cup.

2) I was disappointed to see no Sticky posts at PDFC for Iran's games. This should have been given much more attention than a very casual thread that often moved down the list and was difficult to spot.

Comment

Working...
            X