No announcement yet.

AFC West region, February 9, 2016 Naft Tehran – El Jaish Qatar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, according to a couple of members here we still have the best league in Asia!!

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
      Jesus, Naft had so many chances to score but they just couldn't seal the deal.

Comment

We can not judge IPL and Iranian football after this match. A weakened and 8th placed Naft has played against El Jaish that has improved after last years match.

I only saw a few seconds of the game but what disappointed me the most was that this match was again not broadcasted in HD..what were the HD cameras in Azadi for?^^

Comment

actually it was streamed in HD, i enjoyed the Picture by having been direct connected to ch, 3

Comment

PAG missed a penalty and Al Sadd lost to Al Jazira in the playoffs...so no xavi in champions league.

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
              We can not judge IPL and Iranian football after this match. A weakened and 8th placed Naft has played against El Jaish that has improved after last years match.

I only saw a few seconds of the game but what disappointed me the most was that this match was again not broadcasted in HD..what were the HD cameras in Azadi for?^^
              A weaken Naft was not out-classed bu El Jaish. As you said Naft lost some key players and it is in financial crisis so bad that all of good players are leaving the team (Amiri, Husseini, ..). The players are not paid and the club hopes to get some money by selling best remaining players. El Jaish signed in some good players in the winter break. Naft still could win this match if they concentrate better on finishing touches and their LB/CB didn't make that amateurish error in front of the goal. Overall Naft played not bad as a team. This team is just a shadow of its last season.

We will see this problem almost every year in IPL when a club finds rich sponsor, signs in some good player and a young coach, and gets good results, people get excited, but next season the sponsor takes off and team falls apart. Only old and influential teams like SS, PP, SP, and a couple more keep their fans and most of their players, the rest are just like one night stand scoring!

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
                A weaken Naft was not out-classed bu El Jaish. As you said Naft lost some key players and it is in financial crisis so bad that all of good players are leaving the team (Amiri, Husseini, ..). The players are not paid and the club hopes to get some money by selling best remaining players. El Jaish signed in some good players in the winter break. Naft still could win this match if they concentrate better on finishing touches and their LB/CB didn't make that amateurish error in front of the goal. Overall Naft played not bad as a team. This team is just a shadow of its last season.

We will see this problem almost every year in IPL when a club finds rich sponsor, signs in some good player and a young coach, and gets good results, people get excited, but next season the sponsor takes off and team falls apart. Only old and influential teams like SS, PP, SP, and a couple more keep their fans and most of their players, the rest are just like one night stand scoring!
                If we want better chance of success in ACL , we should hope that teams like SS, PP, Sepahan, Foolad get ACL spots every year instead of Naft or SS Khuzestan...

Comment

The reason Naft lost today has nothing to do with financial struggle or burden. Only if you make the case that they weren't trying their hardest due to not getting paid(if true). They could have driven the scoreline up if they didn't play like a typical 1995 Iranian team with the bekesh ziresh. Players were very slow and did not give supporting runs when needed. It's not that Naft lacks pace. Mobali may be slow but his passing targets aren't.

I'm not a professional coach but it seems like relying on crosses when the other team is more physical is a bad approach. These rejects from Africa that Qatari teams to buy as defenders have poor ball skills so they have to be picked apart by quick passing triangles and one-twos. I lost count at 10 times we crossed the ball just for the first man to head the ball away.

Comment

Losing against Qatari clubs are becoming a bad habit for our clubs. I only saw the highlights so I cant judge the overall performance during 90minutes.

From what I saw, this game was very similar to the game Iran U23 lost against Japan U23. Despite controlling the game and playing really well from time to time they fail to score. In European football they usually say, against strong and professional teams you only get a few good goal scoring opportunites, so you better score.

Arsalan Motahari has to be one of the most nonchalant striker I have ever seen. He is wasting opportunity after opportunity and then walks away with a smile on his face or completely untouched. I hope he improve his game, but if this guy is going to be our next number 10 in the senior national team we are in big problem.

Anyway, perhaps it was better for Naft Club to not qualify for the next round. With this team they will only embarrass us and finish 4th in their group and then come back. And I dont think Asian champions league offers any financial benefits from participating in the group stage like Uefa CL

Comment

Originally posted by Malavani View Post
                      If we want better chance of success in ACL , we should hope that teams like SS, PP, Sepahan, Foolad get ACL spots every year instead of Naft or SS Khuzestan...
                      All iranian clubs are the same, you cannot count on them, except maybe Sepahan.

Comment

Even Jish is more worth than Naft nowadays...
                        World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                        sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                        If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                        -

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
                          This is what happens when there's so many changes and inconsistency between squads. In May 2015 naft looked like acl contenders now they're no better than a mid table ipl team.

Same thing will probably happen with esteghlal khuzestan in next years acl

Our teams will never win ACL Trophy with so many changes between the seasons, it is always the same..
                          World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                          sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                          If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                          -

Comment

But guys I thought that the worst move for Iranian players is to move to Qatar? I thought that the level of competition is so low that our players will forget how lace up their cleats. But somehow our super talented players can't beat these teams on our own soil. As of now I am all for our players moving to Qatar. It is clearly a better league in all senses. Not only do they get paid in FULL but the level of competition is higher. Good for all those players we have in Qatar. Inshallah all our stars end up in Qatar.
                            "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                              But guys I thought that the worst move for Iranian players is to move to Qatar? I thought that the level of competition is so low that our players will forget how lace up their cleats. But somehow our super talented players can't beat these teams on our own soil. As of now I am all for our players moving to Qatar. It is clearly a better league in all senses. Not only do they get paid in FULL but the level of competition is higher. Good for all those players we have in Qatar. Inshallah all our stars end up in Qatar.
                              Inshallah? What is Inshallah?

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                                I found the AL-sadd fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X