Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friendly game between AZ Alkmaar and Perspolis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friendly game between AZ Alkmaar and Perspolis?

Just saw this on the front page. How legit is this?

Tehran Times – TEHRAN, Persepolis football team has received an invitation to play a friendly game against Dutch Eredivisie side AZ Alkmaar in the Netherlands in late March.

The Dutch side has also asked to play another friendly in Tehran as a return leg against Persepolis. AZ Alkmaar, who has Iranian star Alireza Jahanbakhsh in its squad, currently stands in 4th place of Dutch Eredivisie table with 38 points from 23 games.

“We will have a training camp in Oman during the Norouz (The Persian new year) while we are considering the AZ Alkmaar offer to play a friendly in the Netherlands,” Persepolis acting president Ali Akbar Taheri told reporters.

Taheri also talked about Shahid Kazemi Stadium which has been regarded as the new home of Persepolis football team.

“I’m happy that Persepolis has an exclusive home stadium now. We have to expand this 15,000 seat stadium as we have a lot of fans,” Taheri added.

The Reds , who currently stands in third place with 34 points, will take on Saipa in the 21st week of Iran Professional League on Thursday.

http://www.persianfootball.com/news/...de-az-alkmaar/

Jahanbakhsh has recently told Khabar Varzeshi, that his coach and the team manager have asked him about Perspolis. He told them, that Perspolis is Asia's most popular team and the game might have great coverage inside Iran and that lots of Iranian fans will watch the game. Apparently, an Iranian match agent is involved in arranging this game.

http://90tv.ir/news/214577/%D8%AC%D9...A7%D8%B1%D8%AF

Comment

That would be a great friendly, also to test Perspolis' strength against an European team like AZ. I want to see how the likes of Janssen do against IPL defenders. If the friendly takes places in Netherlands I am definitely going to the game.

Comment

This is a great exposure for Taremi! If this happens, I would spend another extra hour at the gym every day to prepare if I was him. Of course if he wants to go out of Iran. Jahanbakhsh and Sardar upfront for TM would be deadly for a while if we have the money so they can wear a jersey to the game Lool

Comment

Originally posted by MR.ESTESNAII View Post
          This is a great exposure for Taremi! If this happens, I would spend another extra hour at the gym every day to prepare if I was him. Of course if he wants to go out of Iran. Jahanbakhsh and Sardar upfront for TM would be deadly for a while if we have the money so they can wear a jersey to the game Lool
          It would supposedly be played in late March if it happens so taremi would be with tm

Comment

This will be awesome!

Comment

I wouldn't doubt that a club like AZ would relish the idea of such an event. Clearly after witnessing the type of talent we are capable of producing and the fact that JB has a section of the home field dedicated to himself. This would be great exposure for both clubs. Great move from both side if it does go threw.
              "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Working...
              X