Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we have any players who are Iranian born of African descent??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do we have any players who are Iranian born of African descent??

I found myself to be very curious about this but I've noticed that the Palestine, Jordan, Qatar and KSA NTs have all had players who were born in those countries and are black but have no trace of where they originally come from I usually think that they come from Sudan, Senegal, Somalia or Comoros but I am really curious to know if we have any players who are of African descent like I already know that Abdolreza Barzegari was black and so is padideh starting CB Mahmoud khamisi(correct me if I'm wrong on those two) but can you guys think of anyone??

Originally posted by ALIKARIMI_ View Post
    I found myself to be very curious about this but I've noticed that the Palestine, Jordan, Qatar and KSA NTs have all had players who were born in those countries and are black but have no trace of where they originally come from I usually think that they come from Sudan, Senegal, Somalia or Comoros but I am really curious to know if we have any players who are of African descent like I already know that Abdolreza Barzegari was black and so is padideh starting CB Mahmoud khamisi(correct me if I'm wrong on those two) but can you guys think of anyone??
    The only question I wonder is if we have an iranian player which will be able in the near future, to be successful in one of the top clubs of the world

Comment

^True

Comment

Originally posted by ALIKARIMI_ View Post
        We used to have a black player in 70s and he was apparently very good. His name was Mehrab Shahrokhi and his nickname was black bomber.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mehr...2G3sLpbCctM%3A

https://www.google.com/search?q=mehr...xImVm97Od_M%3A

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
          We used to have a black player in 70s and he was apparently very good. His name was Mehrab Shahrokhi and his nickname was black bomber.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mehr...2G3sLpbCctM%3A

https://www.google.com/search?q=mehr...xImVm97Od_M%3A
          I know that he was also black and was good but if I have seen any with my own eyes it would definitely be padidehs Mahmoud Khamisi and I've watched a lot of games this season including if padideh plays esteghlal, Persepolis tractor or any other big team in our league and he's a phenomenal defender, he's from Dorud which is surprising because most African-Iranians are from jonoob like bandar Abbas or khuzestan

Comment

There was also Majid Khamisi who played for Gahar zagros a few years ago and scored against perspolis. I think Abbas Bouazar of Naft also has an afro iranian look but im not sure if hes actually of african origin or just dark from the southern sun.

Comment

I've been fortunate enough to have actually played with Mehrab Shahrokhi and some other retired players (one other that I remember playing was Maraghechian) in the early 90s.
              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

There were a few back in Shah's time when a lot of the footballers came from the South. But havent seen one in ages. I guess closest one would be Alenemeh.lol

problem is development of players all over our country has been weak. There arent many good football academies that allow poor people to play and develop into something. As far as i know, to be part of any good youth team that has any kind of future, you would either have to know people or have some kind of money to pay to be part of it. We have a lot of untapped talent out there.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                  I've been fortunate enough to have actually played with Mehrab Shahrokhi and some other retired players (one other that I remember playing was Maraghechian) in the early 90s.
                  Wow awesome, any photos?
                  --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                  --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                  ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                  --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                  ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                    Wow awesome, any photos?
                    No it was more than 20 years ago and I was there to play soccer with them. It wasn't a public appearance they were making.
                    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

erfan olerom closest we get?

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                        erfan olerom closest we get?
                        He's Nigerian not Iranian.

Comment

Abdolreza Barzegari

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                            He's Nigerian not Iranian.
                            ye thats what i said too. i think he was married to iranian? and he won the golden boot

Comment

Maydavodi.
                              چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Working...
                              X