Jahanbakhsh - 7

Taremi - 6
    Azmoun - 7

----------------

Hosseini - /
    Shojaeian - 8
    Ansarifard - 6

No MoM for me, maybe the Indian keeper

Mazaheri - 6(I dont blame him, India did not do anything)
    Rezaeian - 6.5
    Pouraliganji - 6.5
    Montazeri - 7.5
    Hajsafi 8
    Ebrahimi - 8
    Ezzatollahi - 7.5
    Amiri - 5.5
    Jahanbakhsh - 7
    Taremi - 6
    Azmoun - 7
    Hosseini - /
    Shojaeian - 8
    Ansarifard - 6

Comment

Mazaheri - 7

Rezaeian - 5
      Pouraliganji - 7
      Montazeri - 7
      Hajsafi - 6

Ebrahimi - 6
      Ezzatollahi - 7
      Amiri - 5
      Jahanbakhsh - 8.5

Taremi - 5.5
      Azmoun - 7.5

----------------

Shojaeian - 7
      Ansarifard - 6

Comment

Mazaheri 6
        Rezaeian 4
        Pouraliganji 7
        Montazeri 6
        Hajsafi 7
        Ezatollahi 6
        Ebrahimi 7
        Taremi 4
        Jahanbakhsh 8
        Azmoun 6
        Amiri 4

Shojaeian 7
        Ansarifard 7
        Hosseini -

Comment

The team's chemistry was poor after such a long layoff. They were not in-sync. We needed a game like this to shake the rust off. I think everybody did fairly similarly, a good amount of mistakes and individual errors, but also each player had at least a couple of standout moments. I didn't think anybody was terrible today. We will improve against Oman, no doubt. I see a stronger line-up against Oman as well. More experienced players. These games are invaluable, and hopefully the friendly games happen and our young players can gel together even more. We will be a tough team to beat in the next round.

Comment

Amiri played poor tripping on the ball several times, why?

Several other players kept shooting from 20-30 meter towards the opposition team's goal.

India's goalie was good which denied some easy goals for Iran.
            چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

The Ebrahimi - Ezzatollahi duo is one of the best thing that happened to our team in recent games, they complement each other so well that I think they will be our main starters until the end of WCQ and maybe even in Russia.

Nekounam's departure was smoother than I expected thanks to them

Comment

overall an okay match. finishing was not good, but also the indian goalkeeper was fantastic.

can someone please make a thread for the Oman match?

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                  The Ebrahimi - Ezzatollahi duo is one of the best thing that happened to our team in recent games, they complement each other so well that I think they will be our main starters until the end of WCQ and maybe even in Russia.

Nekounam's departure was smoother than I expected thanks to them
                  They both kind of lack creativity, Ezzatollahi has a bit in his game like Javad, Ebrahimi is more like Ando, run a lot and win lots of battles, hope by next WCQ we will have guys like Soroush, Bakhtiar available and beside likes Shojaeian, Torabi and Ashkan we should be set for CAM role.

Comment

Mazaheri - 6
                    Rezaeian - 5.5
                    Pouraliganji - 6
                    Montazeri - 6
                    Hajsafi - 6.5
                    Ebrahimi - 7.5
                    Ezzatollahi - 7
                    Amiri - 5
                    Jahanbakhsh - 7
                    Taremi - 5.5
                    Azmoun - 6.5
                    ----------------
                    Shojaeian - 7
                    Ansarifard - 6

This is the lineup I'd like to see vs Oman

Azmoun

Hajsafi Dejagah Jahanbakhsh

Ebrahimi Ezatolahi

Mohammadi Hosseini Montazeri Ghafouri

Akhbari

subs Ansarifard; Taremi; Torabi

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                      They both kind of lack creativity, Ezzatollahi has a bit in his game like Javad, Ebrahimi is more like Ando, run a lot and win lots of battles, hope by next WCQ we will have guys like Soroush, Bakhtiar available and beside likes Shojaeian, Torabi and Ashkan we should be set for CAM role.
                      I do agree to extent, but I think they can be much more creative than that especially Ebrahimi. Shojaeian for instance is right now the most creative player we have in the squad, and you also saw in when he played CM his vision is pretty good, it's mostly due to the fact that he's a natural CAM.

Bakhtiar and Soroosh's return would be great reinforcement you're right, especially with Bakhtiar who like Shojaeian can also play CM along with CAM

Comment

Mazaheri - 5 Did not look confident at all and communicated poorly with the defense.
                        Rezaeian - 5.5 a lot of running but I didn't like his crosses, too rushed.
                        Pouraliganji - 5, not very confident and looked out of form.
                        Montazeri - 7. classic montazeri, pretty collected and confident.
                        Hajsafi - 7 made a lot of runs and was very involved in the attack, I wish he would have kept more crosses low to the ground, but he scored two good penalties and probably ran more than any player.
                        Ebrahimi - 8 Proved me wrong, he has been consistently solid AF in all of his recent TM games, good distribution and coverage of our defense.
                        Ezzatollahi - 7 Has very good vision, good passing, his crosses weren't as good long distance, but he was hustling hard and had some nice dribbles.
                        Amiri - 4.5 lots of running but many times became useless because of his weak foot, not in the same form as chile or sweden games.
                        Jahanbakhsh - 7 much better from him, lots of running, a very good goal, defensive hustle. his corners could use some improvement, he should practice with ando.
                        Taremi - 5 - not as good as usual today, his shots were all way, way off, however i think he deserved a penalty.
                        Azmoun - 7 - very active but not as killer and precise as he usually is. could have scored 2 more with some better focus.
                        ----------------
                        Hosseini - 6, solid not tested much
                        Shojaeian - 8 - seemed very active and eager to prove himself, has a lot of energy and good speed. good sub
                        Ansarifard - 6.5 much more physical and involved compared to previous tm appearances, perhaps playing in europe has changed his style. I still want to see him start a game with azmoun.

On the ezatollahi - ebrahimi combo.

I think considering the fact that ezatollahi will most likely get better and better, its a solid combo and we saw that it worked very well against high caliber opposition as well (japan). id like to see how it works against croatia.
                        I think in games versus strong opponents, it would be smart to start with these two and bring in ando to seal the game if we are ahead with some goals.

Ebrahimi is a superior distributor of the ball, especially with long balls, has pretty decent accuracy.

Saeid has a huge height advantage for headers, has better dribbling and attack skills.

Ebrahim is certainly more of a DM while saeid is more of a CM.

However ezatollahi certainly doesnt lack creativity and seems to have more attacking instinct than nekounam and teymourian combined.
                        Last edited by KeonKish; 03-24-2016, 10:19 AM.
                        AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Pretty much 5-7 for everyone.

I was a bit disappointed with Azmoun, some of the opportunities he missed he could've done better by passing or just staying focused. It seemed like he was a bit of a ball hog.

TM lacked with the finishing touches as usual. A lot of missed chances which can end up being costly in the next round.

I thought Hajsafi and Jahanbaksh did well on the sides. I would've liked to see Hajsafi farther up since he seemed more effective than Amiri.

Comment

The major take-away from this game for me was that sardar is not a striker, and not a real goalscorer. He's creative but his finishing is sub-par, both Ansarifard and Goochi would've no question had a hat trick with the chances sardar had. He should play in a creative role in behind.

The positives were that we have without a doubt, fantastic wing play. From Jahanbaksh to hajsafi and dejagah our wings are probably the best in asia. Our goal is also in safe hands with Haghighi. However, with nekounam retiring and teymourian looking past it, in addition to our centerbacks hitting older age, means those spots will be key in determining how well we do going forward. I am not sold on the spine of the team just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Arian182 View Post
                              The one take-away from this game for me was that sardar is not a striker, and not a real goalscorer. He's creative but his finishing is sub-par, both Ansarifard and Goochi would've no question had a hat trick with the chances sardar had. He should play in a creative role in behind.
                              Please don't be so reactionary. It seems we have this conversation after every game... The goalie had an AMAZING game. Sardar did miss some chances, but writing him off like that is ridiculous. He scored one today, by the way. People were saying the same about Gucci when he had a couple of off games and Sardar was emerging. We are lucky to have a plethora of talent and potential at the moment.

Don't take not playing as a group for 4 months, and India's goalie becoming Oliver Kahn in a 4-0 victory for us as meaning Sardar has lost, or never had his touch. The guy had an off day. Everyone, even Messi and Ronaldo do. Don't be so reactionary, please. Look at the bigger picture and the surrounding circumstances. Germany had an off game against the U.S. after a couple months of not playing together just after winning the World Cup, so it doesn't mean their players are bad.

EDIT: And fyi, for a first cap, Shojaeian looks like he has a great deal of potential. Looked poised on the ball, and had some great passes. He made a few mistakes, but either way, our young TM players are definitely emerging. I see a few more moves to Europe this summer for some of these young guys. A move to a developmental based league like Holland could do a lot for some of our youngsters. I can pretty much guarantee that we will have a presence in the top 3-4 leagues in the next couple of years.

Comment

Working...
                              X