6)Australia
    7)Uzbekistan
    8)Qatar
    9)Jordan
    10)Iraq
    11)North Korea
    12)Thailand
    13)Syria
    Iran in best case can be in a group with : South Korea, UAE, Uzbekistan, Jordan and Thailand
    and worst case Scenario can be: Iran, Saudi, Australia, Uzbekistan,Iraq and Syria.
    Please discuss.

Both cases that you listed seem troublesome. S. Korea, KSA, Australia, UAE will all cause trouble for Iran. Uzbekistan is also becoming a contender to cause trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
      Both cases that you listed seem troublesome. S. Korea, KSA, Australia, UAE will all cause trouble for Iran. Uzbekistan is also becoming a contender to cause trouble.
      Well that is final round, there is no India and Guam anymore . I am happy as long as we avoid Saudi and Qatar and to be more exact less Arab teams. Saudi always give us tough time and games against such Qatar, Jordan won't be easy ones, so definitely first choice that i made will be easier, replace NK with Jordan and it make it much easier if you ask me .
      SK, NK, Thailand, UAE and Uzbaks is Iran best possible draw, other group will be one hell group with Japan, Aussie, Qatar, Jordan, Syria and Saudi.

Comment

Actually I want the Cawords of Saudi Arabia in our group,we will crush them no matter where we play them
        But I definitely want to Avoid Qatar and S.Korea

Comment

It should be noted that the following teams are already through officially:

Qatar, S Korea, Japan, Thailand, Saudi Arabia

Has Thailand ever made it this far into WCQ by the way? I don't remember ever seeing them in the final round of WCQ before.

Comment

So is there no way for us to face Iraq in the next round? They're eliminated?

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
              So is there no way for us to face Iraq in the next round? They're eliminated?
              Yes Iraq is out. Pretty unfair to them because:
              1) They couldn't benefit from playing at home for their home games.
              2) Indonesia Withdrawn from their group, so group ended up having 4 teams only and as consequence second best team can't be chosen from their group.

Comment

I dont see that Iraq is already out according to facts availble at AFC site:

Teams
                THAILAND 6 4 2 0 14 6 8 14
                IRAQ 5 2 3 0 12 6 6 9
                VIETNAM 5 2 1 2 7 7 0 7
                CHINESE TAIPEI 6 0 0 6 5 19 -14 0

And they have their last game vs Vietnam, if they win or draw the game they are through as the seconad team:

29-03-2016 16:00 GMT+2
                16:00
                IRAQ VIETNAM
                Venue: PAS Ghavamin Stadium, Tehran

Comment

Originally posted by Nader25 View Post
                  I dont see that Iraq is already out according to facts availble at AFC site:

Teams
                  THAILAND 6 4 2 0 14 6 8 14
                  IRAQ 5 2 3 0 12 6 6 9
                  VIETNAM 5 2 1 2 7 7 0 7
                  CHINESE TAIPEI 6 0 0 6 5 19 -14 0

And they have their last game vs Vietnam, if they win or draw the game they are through as the seconad team:

29-03-2016 16:00 GMT+2
                  16:00
                  IRAQ VIETNAM
                  Venue: PAS Ghavamin Stadium, Tehran
                  If Iraq wins their last game they end up with 12 points. So how can they advance as runner up when there are at least 4 other runner-ups with higher points ??

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
                    It should be noted that the following teams are already through officially:
                    Qatar, S Korea, Japan, Thailand, Saudi Arabia
                    Has Thailand ever made it this far into WCQ by the way? I don't remember ever seeing them in the final round of WCQ before.
                    Yes Thailand made the final round for 2002 WCQ and in fact was grouped with TM.

Comment

what about the issue of Saudi Arabia not playing in Iran If they are in our group? They would love to neutralize our home advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                        If Iraq wins their last game they end up with 12 points. So how can they advance as runner up when there are at least 4 other runner-ups with higher points ??
                        Obviously my mistake (have old rules in memory), i thought all runner-up teams are guaranteed to advance to the next round. As I see only 4 runner ups do this so that only 12 teams do advance to the next round.

Thanks for info

Comment

in that case Oman must win thier last game vs iran in order to advance to the next round.
                          Wondering if iran is going to help them to advance since they have been friendly minded to iran?

would cost us ranking Points in that case.......hope they wont do this.

Comment

Originally posted by Nader25 View Post
                            in that case Oman must win thier last game vs iran in order to advance to the next round.
                            Wondering if iran is going to help them to advance since they have been friendly minded to iran?
                            Not a good idea. We have to beat them convincingly otherwise we may jeopardize our ranking and end up in a tougher group than need to be in the next round.

Comment

Ranking of runner-up teams[edit]
                              To determine the four best runner-up teams, the following criteria are used:

Points (3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, 0 points for a loss)
                              Goal difference
                              Goals scored
                              Play-off match(es) on neutral ground (if approved by FIFA Organizing Committee), with extra time and penalty shoot-out if necessary
                              As a result of Indonesia being disqualified due to FIFA suspension, Group F contains only four teams compared to five teams in all other groups. Therefore, the results against the fifth-placed team are not counted when determining the ranking of the runner-up teams.[41]

Pos Grp Team v t e Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts Qualification
                              1 E Syria 5 4 0 1 14 6 +8 12 Third round and Asian Cup
                              2 A United Arab Emirates 5 3 1 1 15 3 +12 10
                              3 B Jordan 5 3 1 1 8 2 +6 10
                              4 H North Korea 5 3 1 1 8 5 +3 10
                              5 F Iraq 5 2 3 0 12 6 +6 9 Asian Cup qualifying third round
                              6 C China PR 5 2 2 1 7 1 +6 8
                              7 D Oman 5 2 2 1 6 4 +2 8
                              8 G Kuwait 5 2 1 2 10 4 +6 7
                              Updated to match(es) played on 24 March 2016. Source: FIFA
                              Rules for classification: 1) Points from matches against teams ranked first to fourth in the group; 2) Superior goal difference from these matches; 3) Higher number of goals scored in these matches; 4) Play-off
                              Ranking of fourth-placed teams[edit]

Comment

Working...
                              X