Comment

All those teams fear us.
      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

I would love to have the Saudis in our group - not only because they are easier opponents than the Koreans, but also because of the 1-2 loss in Tehran back in 2008/2009, which still hurts. And to be completely honest, I'd rather have Australia than UAE. Against Australia our boys woudl be really motivated. Against UAE it would be another pain in the ass like all our previous games.

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
          It should be noted that the following teams are already through officially:

Qatar, S Korea, Japan, Thailand, Saudi Arabia

Has Thailand ever made it this far into WCQ by the way? I don't remember ever seeing them in the final round of WCQ before.
          yes 2002 qualifiers

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
            Not a good idea. We have to beat them convincingly otherwise we may jeopardize our ranking and end up in a tougher group than need to be in the next round.
            we have to win to get a good pot, if we win we will get the top seed in asia and is better for us to be at home first then away, even though iran play well away also

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
              If Iraq wins their last game they end up with 12 points. So how can they advance as runner up when there are at least 4 other runner-ups with higher points ??
              to be fair to groups with 4 teams, AL AFC decided to not count the points teams received from the last team of the group (applies tp group with 5 teams only).
              sigpic

Comment

i'd prefer to have Saudies if that bs home match ban doesnt apply..!!
                they are and have been in shitt form as national team for quiet a while now and are no match for CQ's TM..! we could easily muster at least 4 points from that duel, most probably all 6.
                I'd prefer Japan over SK..! although we can handle either just fine and at a very least spilt the spoils..!

i just dont think we would match up well against Aussies and of all the top seeds fear them the most..!

Comment

Posted this in the other thread but worth a repost.

Use this to calculate the last matches in qualifying to see who will qualify. Very easy to use.

http://ultra.zone/2018-FIFA-World-Cu...C-Second-Round

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                    Posted this in the other thread but worth a repost.

Use this to calculate the last matches in qualifying to see who will qualify. Very easy to use.

http://ultra.zone/2018-FIFA-World-Cu...C-Second-Round
                    With my calculations North Korea, Iraq, Syria, and UAE will go to the next round!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Real Madrid Fan View Post
                      With my calculations North Korea, Iraq, Syria, and UAE will go to the next round!
                      Really depends how it plays out. Iraq were extremely lucky this round:
                      1) got last minute penalty vs. Vietnam to tie the game
                      2) last minute own goal yesterday to tie Thailand
                      3) they by far have the easiest group and they have four teams. This means that the other teams games vs. weakest team in group do not count.
                      4) Syria, which is also in devestating situation at home, are competing at good level and will most lilely go to next round.

Comment

Originally posted by Real Madrid Fan View Post
                        I got the same with my predictions .
                        Gave Kuwait 3-0 losses for its remaining matches since apparently they're suspended I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                          Yes Iraq is out. Pretty unfair to them because:
                          1) They couldn't benefit from playing at home for their home games.
                          2) Indonesia Withdrawn from their group, so group ended up having 4 teams only and as consequence second best team can't be chosen from their group.
                          That's a shame, I really wanted a revenge match

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                            Yes Iraq is out. Pretty unfair to them because:
                            1) They couldn't benefit from playing at home for their home games.
                            2) Indonesia Withdrawn from their group, so group ended up having 4 teams only and as consequence second best team can't be chosen from their group.
                            I don't think that's what happened. Instead AFC said they won't count the points of the runner ups against the last place team in the 5 team groups.
                            So in the runner up group its basically as if everyone only played 6 games.
                            Iraq actually has a very good chance of qualifying if they beat Vietnam.

Comment

No South Korea again, I seriously am sick and tired of playing them in crucial matches/stages. I would much rather Japan.

Uzbekistan is yet another Asian team that troubles TM, same goes to KSA.

Australia I much rather not to be grouped in with, history has proven that our teams often struggle against physical and tall teams, we concede most our goals via aerial balls and set pieces against teams with higher heights.

So IMHO our chances against all of the above teams is most probably against the current Japan. I know you guys hate to hear this, but TM just fails to impress against KSA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                                yes 2002 qualifiers
                                I remember despite having all our super star players at the time, how we struggled against them.

Comment

Working...
                                X