Can anyone identify these players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone identify these players?

This is a picture of our youth team that won the 1973 Asian Championship. Any idea who the players are? I recognize Hasan Roshan but not any of the others.

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

They all look familiar, but the names have skipped my head. I think the guy on the left (sitting) is GholamReza Mazlomi. Second one standing from left is Safar Iranpak. One of them got to be Mojdehi.

Anyway, one thing that stands out, is that Iranian players back then looked like real men with towering figures, unlike the short and skinny legs of these day and age.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
      This is a picture of our youth team that won the 1973 Asian Championship. Any idea who the players are? I recognize Hasan Roshan but not any of the others.
      I use to know all their names by heart but with more than 40 years passing I have forgotten some of them.

The Captain standing in the far left is Massihnina, The goalkeeper is Raughfar, sitting in the far right is Naraghi, and to the left of Rowshan is Dinvarzadeh.

And I think the one in between Rowshan and Naraghi is Khabiri.

Comment

first one on the left (sitting) seems to be mazloumi. next to him is Kargarjam, Dinvarzadeh, Roshan, Khabiri (I think this is the guy that got executed after 1979 Revolution) and Hadi Naraghi,

standing on the left is Maseeh Masihnia, then Iranpak (RIP), I am not familiar with the rest but the guy standing on the far right could be Nouraie from Homa Club (or it could be Mehrab Shahrokhi)..

Comment

Originally posted by NFL View Post
          first one on the left (sitting) seems to be mazloumi. next to him is Kargarjam, Dinvarzadeh, Roshan, Khabiri (I think this is the guy that got executed after 1979 Revolution) and Hadi Naraghi,
          standing on the left is Maseeh Masihnia, then Iranpak (RIP), I am not familiar with the rest but the guy standing on the far right could be Nouraie from Homa Club (or it could be Mehrab Shahrokhi)..
          Iranpak, Kargarjam and Mehrab Shahrokhi would have all been way too old to be part of the youth team in 1973.

Comment

^ are you sure this is the youth team? this would mean that Roshan is at the most 17years old here. the picture is not really good quality, but you are absolutely right Mehrab shahrokhi would have been too old for any level in 1973.

Comment

^ are you sure this is the youth team? this would mean that Roshan is at the most 17years old here. the picture is not really good quality, but you are absolutely right Mehrab shahrokhi would have been too old for any level in 1973.
              That's what the magazine I scanned this out of claims. Rowshan would be two months short of 18 in this pic.
              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

I am positive. Massihnia was never captain of the senior team. And Rowshan was born in 1955, so he would have been about 17 or 18 then. You may be right about the one standing on the far right being Nouraie.

Comment

Top row: M. Masihnia (c), ?, N. Khodayari, H. Raghfar (GK), ?
                  Bottom row: G. Mazloomi, M. Sadeghi?, ?, H. Rowshan, M. Dinvarzadeh, H. Naraghi.

Comment

Originally posted by rooyintan View Post
                    Top row: M. Masihnia (c), ?, N. Khodayari, H. Raghfar (GK), ?
                    Bottom row: G. Mazloomi, M. Sadeghi?, ?, H. Rowshan, M. Dinvarzadeh, H. Naraghi.
                    Standing from left top
                    Masihnia /Mashhad
                    Baghvardani/Ahwaz
                    Negaresh/Abadan
                    Raghfar/Rahahan
                    Yousefi/Rahahan

Mazloomi
                    Kargarjam
                    Noorbakhsh
                    Roshan
                    Dinvarzadeh
                    Naraghi

As for Kargarjam i am not sure he also look like Sabetpour
                    Last edited by St_Mark; 04-05-2016, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                      Standing from left top
                      Masihnia /Mashhad
                      Baghvardani/Ahwaz
                      Negaresh/Abadan
                      Raghfar/Rahahan
                      Yousefi/Rahahan

Mazloomi
                      Kargarjam
                      Noorbakhsh
                      Roshan
                      Dinvarzadeh
                      Naraghi

As for Kargarjam i am not sure he also look like Sabetpour
                      Certainly not Kargajam becasuse as mentioned he would have been way too old for the youth team.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                        Certainly not Kargajam becasuse as mentioned he would have been way too old for the youth team.
                        ممکنه داکری باشه

یوسفی و راغفر و مصباح ذاکری ذر تیم راه آهن

As for age:

Raghfar was older for that age group.

Age of Yousefi & Masihnia were questionable......
                        Last edited by St_Mark; 04-05-2016, 04:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                          That's what the magazine I scanned this out of claims. Rowshan would be two months short of 18 in this pic.
                          does the magazine mention what game or tournament this pic was taken at?

Comment

No, it just says this is our youth team that won the 1352 Asian Youth Cup.

Comment

The pic is from the Asian Youth championship which was held at the Aryamehr Stadium in Tehran. I know, because I attended a few of those games at the newly opened stadium.

Comment

Working...
                              X