Can anyone identify these players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
    The pic is from the Asian Youth championship which was held at the Aryamehr Stadium in Tehran. I know, because I attended a few of those games at the newly opened stadium.
    You must be retiring soon, right? Like me... :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
      You must be retiring soon, right? Like me... :-)
      Nah... I'll retire when I am dead.

Comment

Does anyone know where this picture is from? The presence of Abedzadeh, Dehdari and the 3rd goalkeeper (Mohtasham I believe, first one sitting from the left) plus the absence of Pious and the Chinese architecture tells me this is from a trip to China in early 1988 where we played 3 games against club teams (tying two of them 0-0 and winning the last one 1-0). It's definitely not the World Cup qualifier we played in CHina in 1989 due to the presence of Ghayeghran and Moharrami. Can anyone confirm?

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

U-19 team but i would bet my money some players were older.. Iran took 1973 to 76 first place.. 4 years in a row..

thank you freaking I.R. for years of quality support as we never touched it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Daei View Post
            U-19 team but i would bet my money some players were older.. Iran took 1973 to 76 first place.. 4 years in a row..
            thank you freaking I.R. for years of quality support as we never touched it again.
            Yes we did, but for years 74-76, the championship was shared with another country. And then came the infamous cup in 1977 where we lost the title in the final against Iraq at the Aryamehr. Thanks to a stupid blunder by our goalkeeper Nader Faryad Shiran

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
              Does anyone know where this picture is from? The presence of Abedzadeh, Dehdari and the 3rd goalkeeper (Mohtasham I believe, first one sitting from the left) plus the absence of Pious and the Chinese architecture tells me this is from a trip to China in early 1988 where we played 3 games against club teams (tying two of them 0-0 and winning the last one 1-0). It's definitely not the World Cup qualifier we played in CHina in 1989 due to the presence of Ghayeghran and Moharrami. Can anyone confirm?
              Mehdi Monajati was head coach during both China's games(we lost 0-2 away and won 3-2 in Tehran)and not Marhoum Dehdari, plus khakpour made his first appearance in china against china if i am not wrong and i don't see him in this picture, so the picture could be from china trip in 1988 as you said.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post

It seems Thailand vs Iran in Bangkok in 1988/9 for the 1990 World Cup Qualifier.

Comment

Originally posted by rooyintan View Post
                  It seems Thailand vs Iran in Bangkok in 1988/9 for the 1990 World Cup Qualifier.
                  I don't think Reza Mohtasham was in our goalkeeper pool for that game. I believe it was Abedzadeh and Sajjadi. Also I don't see Garousi amongst the players who actually scored against Thailand in that game.
                  I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Working...
                  X