Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tuesday 12th April, 3rd round WCQ 2018 draw, time and live streaming..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think its a decent draw. The less Arab teams the better. I would've liked to see Thailand instead of SK or Qatar. I hope it won't end up being another roller coaster ride.

Comment

We got pretty much a replica of the previous qualification group with S.Korea, Uzbekistan and Qatar. Syria reminds of Lebanon in the last group and China is a new addition.

The reason I think we (can) have a comfortable qualification, given the demands of CQ are met, is as follows:

- We are a stronger side than 4 years ago. We have a lot of young talent in TM right now in sharp contrast to 4 years ago where we were experiencing a serious draught of talent and CQ was looking for Iranian players all over the world. At the same time a lot of these youngsters have valuable international experience by playing in European football. Also they have worked with CQ for some time now and know what he demands of them. Generally speaking, our team has gelled very nicely and is very exciting to follow now and in the near future.

- CQ has been with us now for 5 years and knows/understands Iranian football way better than the last time we were fighting for qualification. I don´t need to highlight his qualifications as a headcoach. I will suffice claiming that we have the best manager of all Asian countries at the helm of TM.

- We have a mental/psychological advantage against all our opponents in this group based on prior results against them. Three wins in a tow against S.Korea or an away victory against Uzbekistan in a recent friendly or our victory against Qatar both in the last WCQ but also in AC2015 are all good examples.

- Our main opponents in this group, mainly S.Korea and Uzbekistan are not as strong as they were 4 years ago.
      sigpic

Zendeh bad IRAN
      >-----------------<
      Marg bar dictator
      >-----------------<

Comment

Queiroz on the draw:
        About Iran’s Group I would considerer Korea Republic (with quality players and good resources) and Qatar (also players, but also great influence and the best resources) as major candidates. Then I would put Iran, China and Uzbekistan in the same level (with all the respect for Syria).

Comment

Excellent draw and schedule we got this. Will be much harder than last round as expected but if we have good preservation we will make it look easy. Go team melli
          --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
          --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
          ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
          --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
          ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
            Queiroz on the draw:
            About Iran’s Group I would considerer Korea Republic (with quality players and good resources) and Qatar (also players, but also great influence and the best resources) as major candidates. Then I would put Iran, China and Uzbekistan in the same level (with all the respect for Syria).
            I saw the video and he actually said that So predictable and lamentable from his side.

What did I say earlier? :

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
            CQ is going to be there. We can probably expect annoying underdog/pessimistic interviews to AFC similar to the Asian cup ones. You heard it here first
            Surprised he didn't put Syria as a favorite over us too

Comment

CQ is a realist. No b.s. .. he knows there is no magic in this. His ranking of the teams is right on the money.
              When you have good resources and facilities, coaches and proper infrastructure, then you develop good players and you end up with a good national team.
              Just like when you plant a fruit tree. Give it good soil, proper food and care, you will have good fruits. Ignore it on the other hand, you will end up with a bad result.
              Football is the same .. and unfortunately, in Iran the example is like the fruit tree is that is ignored.
              We made it to the last world cup with hooks and crooks. This time around is not going to be any easier, specially that the rate of improvements on the other side has been much faster and the gap is widening. We are still arguing whether TM should use this crappy training field or the other ones and negotiating with an unknown Italian gear producer to give us what we are going to put on these poor kids bodies.
              If you seriously put it all together, Iran's chance should be ranked equal to Syria at best.

Comment

I reckon Thailand away would've been really a tricky match up as their stadium can be an annoying place to play in, they've caused problems for all sides who've played there I dont doubt they might take some points away from japan and Australia. As for the rest its difficult to decide. China looked very unconvincing in qualification, they are only here because North Korea bottled it and im glad we wont have to face north korea away as thats always a tough alianting match up. The quality and the passion of the chinese side wont be very good, i think we can beat them at home and draw with them away. As for Uzbekistan you never know what they are gonna do, one minute they can beat anyone of asia's top teams , the next they are drawing against Hong Kong at home . As for Qatar, a much weaker side than the UAE, they just lack quality and passion. South Korea have done the best out of all teams in qualifcation so far, but they really haven't been tested properly.
                Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                  I saw the video and he actually said that So predictable and lamentable from his side.

What did I say earlier? :

Surprised he didn't put Syria as a favorite over us too
                  Z Joon, honestly I like CQ's attitude, he doesn't make us sound confident which is great for the players because they won't be overconfident against teams like Qatar, at least then we will prepare 100% and treat a match against Qatar like a match against Argentina, then we will win with ease and everyone is happy! Our problem against Turkmenistan was our overconfidence and our belief we were entitled to win!

Comment

I don't think we could have asked for a better draw. We need to qualify with ease for once!

Comment

Originally posted by shahname View Post
                      We got pretty much a replica of the previous qualification group with S.Korea, Uzbekistan and Qatar. Syria reminds of Lebanon in the last group and China is a new addition.
                      The reason I think we (can) have a comfortable qualification, given the demands of CQ are met, is as follows:
                      - We are a stronger side than 4 years ago. We have a lot of young talent in TM right now in sharp contrast to 4 years ago where we were experiencing a serious draught of talent and CQ was looking for Iranian players all over the world. At the same time a lot of these youngsters have valuable international experience by playing in European football. Also they have worked with CQ for some time now and know what he demands of them. Generally speaking, our team has gelled very nicely and is very exciting to follow now and in the near future.
                      - CQ has been with us now for 5 years and knows/understands Iranian football way better than the last time we were fighting for qualification. I don´t need to highlight his qualifications as a headcoach. I will suffice claiming that we have the best manager of all Asian countries at the helm of TM.
                      - We have a mental/psychological advantage against all our opponents in this group based on prior results against them. Three wins in a tow against S.Korea or an away victory against Uzbekistan in a recent friendly or our victory against Qatar both in the last WCQ but also in AC2015 are all good examples.
                      - Our main opponents in this group, mainly S.Korea and Uzbekistan are not as strong as they were 4 years ago.
                      To return you back to earth, you can easily flip your thinking around.

We won vs Korea but 1. korea also struck woodwork twice in the game we sneaked a 1-0 win in. 2. Uzbekistan beat us at home. 3. Korea are a losing finalist Asian cup 2015.

Comment

K00ne tak takeshoon paarast.

Az Souriye gerefte taaaaaaaa taye k00ne Lobanov e Ozbakestan va biroon az dahane Park Chu Yong.

K00ne tak takeshoon soorakhe.

All jokes aside, it won't be easy. But having said that, if we're coming to play the game again with the same coach and a fresh squad, I would say it won't be easy for ANYONE in the group. Not just Iran.

Comment

We are coming back to play the game in the final round. We have been there and in the words of Carlos Queiroz, we have been through hell and reached heaven that was Brasil 2014.

With experience in the past, the same coach leading a swuad mixed with fresh young talent and veterans, I believe our team can qualify to Russia 2018.

Comment

Working...
                          X