Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
    The upper floor is definitely like 20% bigger

Are you sure? Just checked out pictures and to be honest they look the same to me, maybe 5% difference max.

http://www.stadionwelt.de/sw_stadien...&id=425&page=3

Take a look yourself its a bit higher compared to the lower floor on the sides but then again shorter behind the goals.

Comment

the best idea would be to just remove the Azadi stadium and instead build a modern top-of-the-art stadium for around 60.000-70.000 viewers
      TEAM MELLI UNTIL THE END

Comment

Originally posted by persianallstars View Post
        the best idea would be to just remove the Azadi stadium and instead build a modern top-of-the-art stadium for around 60.000-70.000 viewers
        that will take 100 years under IR and they will leave it unfinished at the end

Comment

so will they install seats on the 2nd floor by the time we play Qatar in Tehran or will it take 2 years?

Comment

frankly i like Azadi the way it is, I wish we could fit 100K every game, who needs seats when you are having the joy of watching TM with 100,000 of your countrymen. Something about concrete makes it more intimidating
            Why cant we play at AQR yet, i was under the impression it was completed?

Comment

The upper deck of the stadium is significantly larger than the lower deck. just take a look at google maps from above. The largest part of the lower deck is smaller than the smallest part of the upper deck. I have a friend who is an architect in Iran that has done a little work with Azadi renderings and he mentioned to me that it is supposedly designed to hold 90,000 all seated.
              sigpic ABIETEH

Comment

they could just stamp some numbers spacing out the rows,
                and do it like sections of rose bowl stadium:

Comment

Originally posted by Farhad21 View Post
                  they could just stamp some numbers spacing out the rows,
                  and do it like sections of rose bowl stadium:
                  there is no point in that, the whole point of the seats along with other renovations is to make it among the best stadiums in asia, not some third rate toilet bowl

Comment

Why not use AQR? It is basically done, isn't it?

Mashhad fans are loud and create a buzzing atmosphere, and it looks like it's the best large stadium in Iran, so why not?

Azadi won't be ready, I don't care how many promises these guys make.

Comment

Originally posted by Ando Teymourian View Post
                      Why not use AQR? It is basically done, isn't it?

Mashhad fans are loud and create a buzzing atmosphere, and it looks like it's the best large stadium in Iran, so why not?

Azadi won't be ready, I don't care how many promises these guys make.
                      It will only have a capacity of 35.000 spectators, that's way too low for World Cup Qualifiers.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                        It will only have a capacity of 35.000 spectators, that's way too low for World Cup Qualifiers.
                        it only has 18 000, don't know why some news outlets report 35 000

Comment

This is the WCQ game between Philippines and North Korea, where most parts of the stadium had no seats

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
                            This is the WCQ game between Philippines and North Korea, where most parts of the stadium had no seats

We all know in AFC, Iran is held to a completely different standard.

Comment

I would prefer the upper rank to remain without seats, so that those who want to stand can stand.
                              Watching a football match in a stadium seated is decadent as fcuk to me.

Especially I'm pissed at AFC for forcing us to get an all seater, in order to be allowed to have home games.
                              I'm wondering why nobody is protesting. The trend in Europe is to actually go back standing terraces or to keep a significant share of standing areas in the stadiums.
                              Even in England the voices demanding a return to standing terraces (or at least so called combi-seats) are getting louder and louder.

Comment

Seating or no seating has very little or nothing to do people dying in stampede. It is our people's mentality to push their way through. Very few people obey lines inside Iran. This is the core problem in people getting killed.
                                چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Working...
                                X