Azadi stadium updates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Azadi stadium updates?

What is going on now? When are they goin to instal seats on the upper level? Our first match is in only 3 1/2 months from now and we should habe a full stadium for all of our 5 home matches. By the way is there and official statement of what the capacity will be once its done? Should be around 70 - 75K?

One of the Azadi Sports Complex officials told Navad last week that they are going to install the seats on time (If this doesn't remain an empty promsie). I think the capacity will be reduced to 85k

Comment

Latest news is:

-Renovation will take about 2 years

-It will cost around $50 - $80 million dollars

-Capacity will be reduced to 85k-90k

-Rouhani has personally asked for this project to be undertaken

Comment

So sad to see the capacity reduced. I will never forget the TM vs KSA game, where they over sold the tickets and 110k people attended. The shear noise was exhilarating.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
          So sad to see the capacity reduced. I will never forget the TM vs KSA game, where they over sold the tickets and 110k people attended. The shear noise was exhilarating.
          but then someone could have died from the over capacity stadium and that would really have been sad......
          Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

any updates (pictures/reports) on TM training camp? This is even more important than Azadi renovation, because at the moment there is no proper training ground for TM

Comment

I hate that they are reducing the capacity. I personally would be for increasing the seating if possible, totally renovate the stadium and have the stadium capacity back at 100k

Comment

Originally posted by persepolisfan View Post
                I hate that they are reducing the capacity. I personally would be for increasing the seating if possible, totally renovate the stadium and have the stadium capacity back at 100k
                What you are asking is not possible. Whenever you put seats in place of empty stands you always end up reducing the capacity, not increase it. The famous Maracanã Stadium in Brazil used to have close to 200K capacity, and now with seats put in holds under 80K.

Comment

safety first, didn't 6 people die in the |Iran Japan qualifier for 2006 WC when they squeezed in over 100k? They need seating and proper organisation to make the grounds safe places for the fans and the game.

Comment

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
                    Latest news is:

-Renovation will take about 2 years

-It will cost around $50 - $80 million dollars

-Capacity will be reduced to 85k-90k

-Rouhani has personally asked for this project to be undertaken
                    if they can get anywhere around that capacity, with seats installed, they will have done quiet well..! i think its gonna end up being a little under 80k..?

perhaps they could add some added, prime seating area in place of the Track lines..?? using retractable/removable bleachers ?? it would gravely affect security control and pitch invasions will become awful inevitable..!!? so they would have to become selective on who would occupy those seats..!!

Comment

What is being changed other than the reduction of the capacity? What's going to be different/improved?
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Super Shojaei View Post
                        but then someone could have died from the over capacity stadium and that would really have been sad......
                        Very true. I wasn't saying they should overfill it, I wish they would somehow manage the 100k original capacity. From my knowledge, didn't the deaths occur only when they oversold?

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                          Very true. I wasn't saying they should overfill it, I wish they would somehow manage the 100k original capacity. From my knowledge, didn't the deaths occur only when they oversold?
                          The death casualty as result of overpacked stadium happened back in 2005 in our first leg of 2006 WCQ against Japan.

5 people died of being trampled by the fans, while more than 40 got injured. The reason behind this catastrophe was that Azadi stadium security decided not to open all exit doors, so that they can better control the exiting spectators, and prevent the overflow exit, which was an idiotic decision, and should have warranted people in charge with some serious legal charges, but of course in the IR none of the authorities face such threats.

Comment

Well the lower floor is around the same size as the upper floor and currently (they installed seats around 15 years ago) holds 35K people, thats why i thought capacity will be around 70K once they install seats on the upper floor aswell. Of course hopefully it will be a bit more but it will definately be less then 85K.

Comment

Originally posted by ShiroKhorshid View Post
                              Well the lower floor is around the same size as the upper floor and currently (they installed seats around 15 years ago) holds 35K people, thats why i thought capacity will be around 70K once they install seats on the upper floor aswell. Of course hopefully it will be a bit more but it will definately be less then 85K.
                              The upper floor is definitely like 20% bigger
                              AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Working...
                              X