This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-match discussion: Iran - Macedonia [03.06.2016]

Still one month left, but assuming the match will take place let's use this thread for discussion about this friendly game which will take place in Skopje.

I hope it wont be cancelled
    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Date: June 2nd
      Kick-Off: 18:00 CET

http://ffm.mk/en/a-national-team/news

02JUN

18:00 Macedonia - Iran
      A National Team friendly

Comment

What about our second friendly game? I hope we can face Australia, that would be a good match
        Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.

Comment

Although they aren't rated as a good team, most of their team play in decent leagues so regardless it will be a good friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Their website says 2nd June. Is it 1st or 2nd?
            IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Australia is not gona happen , they are playing Greece in Australia in 2 match friendly in that date.

Comment

The match is June 2nd not January 6th

Comment

It is time to erase the ghosts of Bosnia defeat with victory over the Macedon's

Comment

Will be a good friendly.

Comment

Macedonia squad call-ups for Iran friendly:

"Angelovski shakes up squad for upcoming friendlies

Eventually the much needed changes occurred as Igor Angelovski summoned new and U21 players for the upcoming friendlies against Azerbaijan and Iran.

Macedonia with a half-new team will start a new era in the national team. Several U21 national team players were called up for the two upcoming friendly games, last before the 2018 World Cup qualifiers. These changes would have been made sooner, but the great results of the U21 national team in the EURO qualifications turned the things around as the U21 NT was given the priority over the needed players. Also summoned are new players like 22-year-old attacking midfielder Dejan Peshevski who plays in Slovakia and Swiss born 18-year-old Nikola Gjorgjev, also attacking midfielder.

Players like Adis Jahovikj, Nikola Gligorov, Ostoja Stjepanovikj, Jovan Kostovski, Mite Cikarski, Armend Alimi, Martin Bogatinov and Goran Siljanovski from the previous squad back in March did not got a call. Also Agim Ibraimi is absent because he is not even training with his team after the incident he had with the board director. First choice keeper David Mitov Nilsson is out with a broken leg, while UEFA confirmed the 4-years suspension for Arijan Ademi.

"I am sorry for Agim Ibraimi and the situation that he is in. For over a month now he is not training with the team. We spoke during my visit of Slovenia and I can confirm that he is still in my plans, but I hope that he will find a new team and will start playing again. The same stands for Nilsson and Ademi, we need them, but we can not go against certain things. I wish them all the best in the future." - said Angelovski.

Probably the fans will have one remark to coach Angelovski, for not calling up Ezgjan Alioski of Lugano who currently plays is great form in Switzerland.

Macedonia will start gathering on the 23rd, then will travel to Austria where in the small town of Schwadorf will face Azerbaijan on the 29th. After the game the team will head back to Skopje where will play against Iran on the 2nd of June.

Aleksovski, Velkovski, Zajkov, Bejtulai, Nikolov, Bardi, Babunski and Radeski will all join the national team after the U21 qualifier against Ukraine on the 27th.

Here is the current squad list:

Goalkeepers:
                      Stole Dimitrievski - Granada
                      Igor Aleksovski - Makedonija GjP Macedonia

Defense:
                      Leonard Zhuta - Rijeka Croatia
                      Kire Ristevski - Vasas Hungary
                      Stefan Ristovski - Rijeka Croatia
                      Vanche Shikov - Austria alt
                      Darko Velkovski - Vardar Macedonia
                      Gjoko Zajkov - Charleroi
                      Egzon Bejtulai - Shkendija Macedonia

Midfield:

Dejan Peshevski - Podbrezová Slovakia
                      Enis Bardi - Újpest Hungary
                      Boban Nikolov - Vardar Macedonia
                      Bojan Najdenov - Rabotnichki Macedonia
                      Marjan Radeski - Shkendija Macedonia
                      David Babunski - Crvena Zvezda Serbia
                      Nikola Gjorgjev - Grasshoppers Switzerland
                      Ferhan Hasani - Shkendija Macedonia

Forwards:
                      Goran Pandev - Genoa Italy
                      Ivan Trichkovski - AEK Larnaka Cyprus
                      Aleksandar Trajkovski - Palermo Italy
                      Ilija Nestorovski - Inter Zaprešić Croatia

These two friendlies will be the last test before the Russian World Cup qualifiers that start in September when Macedonia will visit Albania in the opening round on the 5th."

http://www.macedonianfootball.com/in...onal&Itemid=64

Comment

^ Their squad definitely looks beatable to us, their best players are all past their prime. The main core is some Balkan leagues apart from two Serie A players...the GK plays for Granada's B-team. I expect Team Melli to beat this side at least 2-0. We have a more talented team, I don't think the Macedonian league is competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                          ^ Their squad definitely looks beatable to us, their best players are all past their prime. The main core is some Balkan leagues apart from two Serie A players...the GK plays for Granada's B-team. I expect Team Melli to beat this side at least 2-0. We have a more talented team, I don't think the Macedonian league is competitive.
                          I think you're right but the article also mentions that their U-21 team players are being included and it seems they have a very talented bunch in that group. They're doing quite well in their qualification group so far.

Comment

Looking forward to this match!

Comment

Guys so what has happened to the promise of having high quality friendlies to prepare for wc qualification? Only Macedonia so far?

Comment

Working...
                              X