Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PERSPOLIS - Fan Thread | News, Photos...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We failed to develop a decent keeper for years.
    Beiro o bezarim kenar ki biad jash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

is it just me or do the top teams in iran seem to have super old players now and the richer clubs seem inundated with weird foreign signings . Doesn't seem to be many young players coming through in Iran's top clubs
      Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

Beiro is not a top notch keeper anymore
        In fact he never was one. Bur he is still much better than alternatives in long shot.
        The fact that there is almost no competition for him didn't help the case of keepers! In a world that there are tons of quality keepers around the world these days, Iran sucks in this category even at Asian level

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
          In fact he never was one. Bur he is still much better than alternatives in long shot.
          The fact that there is almost no competition for him didn't help the case of keepers! In a world that there are tons of quality keepers around the world these days, Iran sucks in this category even at Asian level

Its because of PGPL, Havadar was playing 50 year old GK up until recently. Pretty much every team plays 27+ year old keepers besides maybe 2-3 clubs. Also GKs need to go to Europe as a priority from young age because European clubs train their footwork at a young age. Its why Abedzadeh leaves all of our goalkeepers in the dust in terms of footwork (but not football intelligence). Shame how he ended up. I still think he should be our 3rd GK for now, much better than Niazmand who is bad in every way

Comment

Iran_19 Jan,

There was a period where he was the strongest goalkeeper by far on crosses.
            yes he makes mistakes now but people forget what kind of sootis we used to witness with guys like Tabatabaei, Mirzapour, Nakisa, and Gholampour.

He is a tried and tested goalie who shows up for big games.
            I would also say he is one of the best goalies in the world for penalties and for that alone we really should value him.

As goalies are being incorporated into the possession style game, his weakness has been exposed but he has actually improved dramatically on that front.

I think the next generation of goalies will be much better suited to modern football, but we can’t also destroy them by rushing it. Look at Arsha Shakouri. Poor kid is conceding 4, 5 goals a game.

Overall I think he’s the best we have and will be our starting goalie in 2026 and 2030.

Comment

Also Giorgi got his first cap for Georgia. Beating Montenegro 2-0 right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                Also Giorgi got his first cap for Georgia. Beating Montenegro 2-0 right now.
                He is a great D
                His caliber is much higher than IPL
                Full package D

Comment

Iran_19 Jan,

There was a period where he was the strongest goalkeeper by far on crosses.
                  yes he makes mistakes now but people forget what kind of sootis we used to witness with guys like Tabatabaei, Mirzapour, Nakisa, and Gholampour.

He is a tried and tested goalie who shows up for big games.
                  I would also say he is one of the best goalies in the world for penalties and for that alone we really should value him.

As goalies are being incorporated into the possession style game, his weakness has been exposed but he has actually improved dramatically on that front.

I think the next generation of goalies will be much better suited to modern football, but we can't also destroy them by rushing it. Look at Arsha Shakouri. Poor kid is conceding 4, 5 goals a game.

Overall I think he's the best we have and will be our starting goalie in 2026 and 2030.

He was very good few years ago but since he moved to Europe he realized how many half decent keeper playing there!
                  I mean the guy in Antwerp who outplayed him no one even heard his name!
                  Same at Boavista!
                  He may start in next WC but tbh his progress stopped in last 3-4 years because of lack of competition and failing in bigger football stage!
                  His stay in Europe was embarrassing!!

Comment

Beiranvand is very mediocre. Hossein Hosseini is better, but not that much better.

Sad fact is we don't have that many good goalkeepers in Iran rn...

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                      Beiranvand is very mediocre. Hossein Hosseini is better, but not that much better.

Sad fact is we don't have that many good goalkeepers in Iran rn...
                      Beiro is still the best imo but that actually say more about the rest…
                      We always had up and down in keeper situation
                      Hejazi and Rashidi in 70 till 80 ….. then for almost 7 years we had to rely on like Sajjadi, Soltani, yahyavi even Ghelich!!!
                      Abedzadeh from mid 80s to late 90s…..then relying on bunch of mickey mouse like Tabatabaei, Nakisa, Boroumand, Talebloo,etc
                      Then Rahmati in late 2000… then disaster after him… Rahman, Haghighi, etc
                      Then Beiro in last 7-8 yesrs and bunch of mickey mouse

Comment

Beiro is still the best imo but that actually say more about the rest…
                        We always had up and down in keeper situation
                        Hejazi and Rashidi in 70 till 80 ….. then for almost 7 years we had to rely on like Sajjadi, Soltani, yahyavi even Ghelich!!!
                        Abedzadeh from mid 80s to late 90s…..then relying on bunch of mickey mouse like Tabatabaei, Nakisa, Boroumand, Talebloo,etc
                        Then Rahmati in late 2000… then disaster after him… Rahman, Haghighi, etc
                        Then Beiro in last 7-8 yesrs and bunch of mickey mouse

Beiro really isn't the best bro, but I know I won't be able to change you or Nokhodi or other persepolisi fans' minds.

He has been very poor lately and had a very subpar asia cup.

Comment

He was very good few years ago but since he moved to Europe he realized how many half decent keeper playing there!
                          I mean the guy in Antwerp who outplayed him no one even heard his name!
                          Same at Boavista!
                          He may start in next WC but tbh his progress stopped in last 3-4 years because of lack of competition and failing in bigger football stage!
                          His stay in Europe was embarrassing!!

I don't even think his stay in Europe was that bad. It was inconsistent, but he also had great performances too.

He also had many behind the scenes issues that messed that whole thing up.

In short, most clubs will take a chance on a 6'5" goalie who has World Cup experience and can stop penalties.

There is now a rumor he is going to Spartak Moscow.

Comment

I don't even think his stay in Europe was that bad. It was inconsistent, but he also had great performances too.

He also had many behind the scenes issues that messed that whole thing up.

In short, most clubs will take a chance on a 6'5" goalie who has World Cup experience and can stop penalties.

There is now a rumor he is going to Spartak Moscow.
                            source on the Spartak Moscow rumours?

Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

Originally posted by Super Shojaei View Post
                              source on the Spartak Moscow rumours?
                              Russian Twitter.

Comment

Biro at 31 TAZEH JA OFTADEH.
                                he is in good shape and he has learned to avoid doing kharaki stuff to avoid injury.
                                I can see him play another 6 years.
                                3 more years in pp and tm,
                                3 years after that other pgl teams.

Russia weather will have factor on
                                on "yek moghadas"decision and will not go.
                                he is under contract with pp and is not going anywhere...

Comment

Working...
                                X