SARDAR AZMOUN * transfer rumors 2016 *

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoIran View Post
    And his transfer fee is reported to be 5 million pounds (= 6 million euros) while Azmoun's price tag is 4 million euros.
    Btw look at other Japanese transfers.
    Kiyotake moves to Europa League champions Sevilla.
    Sakai moves to Olympique Marseille, one of the elite teams in France.
    Usami moves to Augsburg in Bundesliga.
    It really makes me angry when European clubs don't put us in the same category as Japan, Korea and Australia. In their eyes, we are on par with Iraq. That's why Taremi ended up joining Rizespor.
    There is a big difference between Iranian players and Korean/Japanese/Australian players. Many of these players are Jersey selling/Advertisement tool beside being football players. Iranian players do not have that advantage (Jersey/other accessories/TV channel membership/...)

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
      There is a big difference between Iranian players and Korean/Japanese/Australian players. Many of these players are Jersey selling/Advertisement tool beside being football players. Iranian players do not have that advantage (Jersey/other accessories/TV channel membership/...)
      I really don't think Kagawa or Son are in top European leagues for jersey sales only. These guys are very good players, and I think some of us are discounting this fact.

Instead of downplaying their players, we should know that our players are just currently not on big teams' radars. During our prime years when we had many players in Europe, there weren't many players other than Park Ji Sung in the top leagues from Korea, Japan, and Australia.

The difference between them and us is that we had our rough patch fairly recently. People forget the type of players we had in TM in the late 2000's early 2010's. With guys like Pejman Nouri and Mohammad Ghazi as our stars, it's no wonder that our TM was not being raved about in European circles.

During these last few years, Japanese and Koreans have had a steady stream of quality players emerging. A guy like Honda was in a position that Sardar is currently in, but 5 years ago. They have kept themselves in the international eye, and honestly took the place of Iranians in Europe. In the early-mid-2000's we had players in Bayern, Bundesliga, La Liga, EPL, Serie A, etc.

I'm sure back then, Japanese, Koreans and Australians were wondering why Iran had so many players, especially less than remarkable players like Rahman Rezaei getting chances in Europe.

They had their equivalents of Ali Karimi, big name players, in the last 5 years. Who have we really had in the last 5 years? Dejagah? Yeah, like I said, he set Iran back 5 years by taking the Qatar offer. When either Sardar or Jahanbakhsh breaks through, we will be back to that time. Right now, Iran is still recovering from that horrible late 2000's fall after the retirement of Mahdavikia and Karimi.

Comment

Originally posted by GoIran View Post
        And his transfer fee is reported to be 5 million pounds (= 6 million euros) while Azmoun's price tag is 4 million euros.
        Btw look at other Japanese transfers.
        Kiyotake moves to Europa League champions Sevilla.
        Sakai moves to Olympique Marseille, one of the elite teams in France.
        Usami moves to Augsburg in Bundesliga.
        It really makes me angry when European clubs don't put us in the same category as Japan, Korea and Australia. In their eyes, we are on par with Iraq. That's why Taremi ended up joining Rizespor.
        Have IPL-rasied players done anything special in Europe in the last 10 years with the exception of Nekounam and to a lesser extent Azmoun? Serious question. Teymourian failed in EPL. Kaebi failed in Championship. Shojaei was never a guaranteed starter in La Liga. Haghighi was never a guaranteed starter in Russia and Portugal. Ansarifard failed in Segunda Division and scoring 9 goals in Greece doesn't get him bonus points. JB was pretty average last season at AZ. Hajsafi didn't stand out in the Bundesliga 2.

In contrast to our players, Japanese and Korean players have been quite successful in Europe in the last 10 years and this opened up for other Japanese and Korean players to join European teams.

Japan
        Naohiro Takahara scored double-digit goals in a season in Bundesliga.
        Shunsuke Nakamura won the MVP award in Scotland.
        Daisuke Matsui played almost 200 games in the French Ligue 1.
        Makoto Hasebe played more than 200 games in Bundesliga and was one of the starting eleven when Wolfsburg won the Bundesliga.
        Shinji Kagawa was the reason why Dortmund won the Bundesliga in 2010/11 and 2011/12.
        Keisuke Honda was one of the best players in the Russian Premiere League.
        Atsuto Uchida played 31 games in the Champions League for Schalke.
        Yuto Nagatomo played more than 100 games for Inter Milan.
        Hiroshi Kiyotake had double-digit assists in Bundesliga.
        Gotoku Sakai played more than 100 games in Bundesliga.
        Shinji Okazaki was a starter for English champions this season.

Korea
        Park Ji-Sung played more than 100 games for Manchester United and started in the Champions League final.
        Lee Young-Pyo was arguably the best left back in Eredivisie and was a starter for Tottenham.
        Lee Chung-yong had 4 goals & 6 assists in 2009/10 and 3 goals & 8 assists in 2010/11 in EPL.
        Son Heung-Min scored double-digit goals in a season in Bundesliga 3 times.
        Ki Sung-yueng scored 8 goals in EPL last season.
        Koo Ja-cheol scored 8 goals in Bundesliga last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
          I really don't think Kagawa or Son are in top European leagues for jersey sales only. These guys are very good players, and I think some of us are discounting this fact.
          Instead of downplaying their players, we should know that our players are just currently not on big teams' radars. During our prime years when we had many players in Europe, there weren't many players other than Park Ji Sung in the top leagues from Korea, Japan, and Australia.
          The difference between them and us is that we had our rough patch fairly recently. People forget the type of players we had in TM in the late 2000's early 2010's. With guys like Pejman Nouri and Mohammad Ghazi as our stars, it's no wonder that our TM was not being raved about in European circles.
          During these last few years, Japanese and Koreans have had a steady stream of quality players emerging. A guy like Honda was in a position that Sardar is currently in, but 5 years ago. They have kept themselves in the international eye, and honestly took the place of Iranians in Europe. In the early-mid-2000's we had players in Bayern, Bundesliga, La Liga, EPL, Serie A, etc.
          I'm sure back then, Japanese, Koreans and Australians were wondering why Iran had so many players, especially less than remarkable players like Rahman Rezaei getting chances in Europe.
          They had their equivalents of Ali Karimi, big name players, in the last 5 years. Who have we really had in the last 5 years? Dejagah? Yeah, like I said, he set Iran back 5 years by taking the Qatar offer. When either Sardar or Jahanbakhsh breaks through, we will be back to that time. Right now, Iran is still recovering from that horrible late 2000's fall after the retirement of Mahdavikia and Karimi.
          I am sorry but if Iranians had the same quantity of players exported than japanese and co, we would have our Kagawa and Son in the top 4 league.

The problem isn't the quality of our players but the lack of opportunity to develop and maximize their potential by training and playing in the best leagues. When you see Barca, Arsenal and co have these asians in their reserves and finally they end nowhere, it is just unfair to some iranian youth (I can believe K.Rezaei who was very good in U17 world cup stay and rot in IPL).

About Taremi and co ending in Turkey like iraqi : the difference is the iraqi are just there to do the number. Taremi will show his capacity and will move to better clubs very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
            Just look up stats on transfermarkt or something. Most of them actually earn plenty of playing time. Especially Japan has 10 or so starters in the top 4 leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
              I am sorry but if Iranians had the same quantity of players exported than japanese and co, we would have our Kagawa and Son in the top 4 league.

The problem isn't the quality of our players but the lack of opportunity to develop and maximize their potential by training and playing in the best leagues. When you see Barca, Arsenal and co have these asians in their reserves and finally they end nowhere, it is just unfair to some iranian youth (I can believe K.Rezaei who was very good in U17 world cup stay and rot in IPL).

About Taremi and co ending in Turkey like iraqi : the difference is the iraqi are just there to do the number. Taremi will show his capacity and will move to better clubs very soon.
              What player would you have liked to be transferred from Iran to a top-4 league in 2011? Mohammad Nouri? Pejman Nouri? Ghazi?

Do you think if these guys got opportunities in Europe, they would have developed into Kagawa, Honda, Son, etc? I think this is a delusion. We had a several year talent drought. We saw what happened to a lot of the starlets of that era like Arash Afshin. They were not very good and never made an impact, even in Iran. Don't lie to yourself and say it's purely a lack of opportunity.

We weren't producing talent for a few years. We are now. We are not a known commodity. Japanese and Koreans made themselves a known commodity.

Let's say your premise is true though, and its just racism or t-shirt sales causing the transfers. Why then did we have so many players in Europe from 2000-2006? During this time, we had as many if not more legionnaires than any other Asian country. Was it t-shirt sales then? Was it racism against Koreans and Japanese?

No, Ali Karimi happened and we got back on the radar. Thus, young guys were given opportunities like candy.

If you truly believe that Sardar breaking through and becoming a star in Europe doesn't cause other European teams to take more chances on our players, then we can't talk.

We have a hurt reputation after missing 2010 WC. Most people I knew thought of us like Iraq or Uzbekistan more than a top Asian country at that time. My friends were laughing at me when I said how good TM is, and we missed South Africa WC to North Korea.

Something like that hurts TM's value in the eyes of top teams. Japan and Korea were making it to round of 16 in 2010. We were sitting at home. Now, after 2014 WC, we have more and more players going to Europe every transfer window. If you don't see this as us having to earn our reputation we lost, and that we had a higher reputation than our Asian competition in the past, then you're lying to yourself. Sorry. T-Shirts and Racism doesn't make sense based on the facts at hand.

It's bull that our reputation is so hurt, but that's the circumstances we are in. It's not an anti-Iranian conspiracy.

Comment

What player would you have liked to be transferred from Iran to a top-4 league in 2011? Mohammad Nouri? Pejman Nouri? Ghazi?
                Do you think if these guys got opportunities in Europe, they would have developed into Kagawa, Honda, Son, etc? I think this is a delusion. We had a several year talent drought. We saw what happened to a lot of the starlets of that era like Arash Afshin. They were not very good and never made an impact, even in Iran. Don't lie to yourself and say it's purely a lack of opportunity.
                We weren't producing talent for a few years. We are now. We are not a known commodity. Japanese and Koreans made themselves a known commodity.
                Let's say your premise is true though, and its just racism or t-shirt sales causing the transfers. Why then did we have so many players in Europe from 2000-2006? During this time, we had as many if not more legionnaires than any other Asian country. Was it t-shirt sales then? Was it racism against Koreans and Japanese?
                No, Ali Karimi happened and we got back on the radar. Thus, young guys were given opportunities like candy.
                If you truly believe that Sardar breaking through and becoming a star in Europe doesn't cause other European teams to take more chances on our players, then we can't talk.
                We have a hurt reputation after missing 2010 WC. Most people I knew thought of us like Iraq or Uzbekistan more than a top Asian country at that time. My friends were laughing at me when I said how good TM is, and we missed South Africa WC to North Korea.
                Something like that hurts TM's value in the eyes of top teams. Japan and Korea were making it to round of 16 in 2010. We were sitting at home. Now, after 2014 WC, we have more and more players going to Europe every transfer window. If you don't see this as us having to earn our reputation we lost, and that we had a higher reputation than our Asian competition in the past, then you're lying to yourself. Sorry. T-Shirts and Racism doesn't make sense based on the facts at hand.
                It's bull that our reputation is so hurt, but that's the circumstances we are in. It's not an anti-Iranian conspiracy.
                I don't deny our talent drought in 2010. But from 2002 to now, some of our players would have deserve a shot in Europe. When you see that Iranian have to climb the ladder from bottom in starting in small european league, and when you see even in the small claub they are there is a japanese/australian/Korean, it is just unfair.

Hajisafi would have deserved a chance in Europe way earlier than last year. Btw, where is his korean mate in FSV going next season?

Comment

Alot of players in IPL are overpaid, they receive 2-4x more than what they are actually worth. The willingness to leave the comfort back in Iran is therefore low and it ends with "bikhial" lets stay here (haminja khobe). I dont know about the salaries in J-league, but I assume the clubs pay more realistic amounts to their players and staff.

In Europe, they like the Japanese fight/work hard/never give up/always in time/right attitude mentality. They always strive for something better and always hungry for more.
                  At the moment the only iranian players that fit in this category: Sardar Azmoun, Alireza Jahanbaksh and the young iranian goalkeeper in the portuguese second division.

In Iran we have alot of raw material (talent) but most of them prefer fast cash and comfort. I remember when Taremi was talking about La Liga, Messi and Ronaldo on navad, in the end he joined a turkish bottom table team. Reason, probably so his family can come and go without any problems and he can go back to Tehran in 1hour.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                    I don't deny our talent drought in 2010. But from 2002 to know, some of our players would have deserve a shot in Europe. When you see that Iranian have to climb the ladder from bottom in starting in small european league, and when you see even in the small claub they are there is a japanese/australian/Korean, it is just unfair.

Hajisafi would have deserve a chance in Europe way earlier than last year. Btw, where his korean mate in FSV is going next season?
                    Do we know if Hajsafi and Ansarifard wanted to leave for Europe? I heard rumours of Hajsafi leaving Sepahan every window since 2011 it seems. We do know that Hosseini and Rahmati turned down Wolfsburg and Malaga, so I'm not sure that our players weren't getting offers. That's a whole different argument of our players being lazy and unwilling to take risks or be far from friends and family.

I just find it strange that you are all saying that no teams will give our players a chance when we've moved half a dozen young players to Euro teams recently. When we get a player in Barca, or Man United, or Bayern, then I can say with almost certainty that a player like Ezatollahi would have gone immediately to Dortmund or Tottenham or Leicester. The problem is, Iranians have not proved themselves in the last 5 years. Even Hajsafi didn't do much, and Azmoun and Jahanbakhsh didn't destroy their leagues despite playing well.

Unlike our Korean and Japanese counterparts, we haven't set a precedent for success in recent times, have we? Why do we deserve a chance to be honest? Every team our players have joined has relegated, even Ashkan on Fulham.

Kagawa has been integral to Dortmund's past success, and Okazaki was a main player in Leicester winning the PL. When an Iranian player does that again, believe me that we will be given more opportunities. Yes, until then, we will have to work.

It's funny how Keisuke Honda worked his way up through the Russian League, just like Sardar, and you say that players like him didn't earn their spot. Many of them earned their way up. Yes, some are scouted and picked up, and that doesn't happen for our players, but why do you think our players aren't scouted from a young age?

I'll give you a clue, it's my earlier argument. We haven't been lighting up the world to have our team scouted by big countries. When we have more successful individuals like Korea, Japan, and Australia, or win an Asian Cup or make it to Round of 16 in World Cup, our players won't be given anything. Sorry. The way of the world. Earn your success by individual and team accomplishments. We haven't really done much more than Iraq in the past 10 years, have we? We made the WC 2 times, they won the Asian Cup, and made the Semi-Finals of the Cup. Further, they got 4th place in the 2004 Olympics.

Not saying they are better than us, just saying that them having a similar look in the eyes of European teams isn't crazy. We haven't had any real success in the AC since 2002, we have made it to the WC twice, which is great, but compare that Korea and Japan's WC and AC accomplishments. Japan and Korea make it to the Olympics, and Korea was a final 4 team in 2012. Players get scouted at these tournaments we don't make it to. Players get scouted from the finals of the Asian cup, not the Quarterfinals. Players from Round of 16 teams stand out to recruiters. It is an accomplishment to make the World Cup, but missing 2010, and crashing out as the bottom team in the group despite good performances does not make our team into some big deal that deserves players in Europe. Scouts see these performances, and that's why these other countries may have more stock than us currently in international football.

Not saying that can't change, but until we have a player emerge to blow the doors open for Iranians, or until we start making it farther in competitions or making the Olympics, we will not deserve to have our players picked up like Koreans and Japanese. They've earned more than us. Saying Iraqi's haven't earned some respect with their past performances is also petty. We are better than them, talent-wise. Of course. But they are a good team by Asian standards, and have had some impressive accomplishments, despite our bad luck in the 2015 AC.

No scouts or recruiters look at us crashing out in AC 2015 in Iraq and say, they got screwed, let me sign some Iranian players. They see Iraq making it past Iran, and sign a guy like Ali Adnan to Serie A.

Until we can start getting results in competitions, and especially make the olympics, we will not have very much respect in the international football community.

Comment

Originally posted by football.club View Post
                      Alot of players in IPL are overpaid, they receive 2-4x more than what they are actually worth. The willingness to leave the comfort back in Iran is therefore low and it ends with "bikhial" lets stay here (haminja khobe). I dont know about the salaries in J-league, but I assume the clubs pay more realistic amounts to their players and staff.

In Europe, they like the Japanese fight/work hard/never give up/always in time/right attitude mentality. They always strive for something better and always hungry for more.
                      At the moment the only iranian players that fit in this category: Sardar Azmoun, Alireza Jahanbaksh and the young iranian goalkeeper in the portuguese second division.

In Iran we have alot of raw material (talent) but most of them prefer fast cash and comfort. I remember when Taremi was talking about La Liga, Messi and Ronaldo on navad, in the end he joined a turkish bottom table team. Reason, probably so his family can come and go without any problems and he can go back to Tehran in 1hour.
                      I'm sure J-League pays more money than IPL. Diego Forlan earned 5M$ per year. The real problem is that our players are discriminated against by European clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by football.club View Post
                        I remember when Taremi was talking about La Liga, Messi and Ronaldo on navad, in the end he joined a turkish bottom table team. Reason, probably so his family can come and go without any problems and he can go back to Tehran in 1hour.
                        Gimnastic didn't promote, that's why it fell through, if you remember, they were ready to sign him in case of promotion

As for the flights to Tehran, there are no flights from Rize to Tehran and it takes much more than one our since they need to do a stopover in Istanbul.
                        Had he joined the Greek club, it would have been easier for him since there are direct flights from Athens to Tehran.

Comment

Unlike our Korean and Japanese counterparts, we haven't set a precedent for success in recent times, have we? Why do we deserve a chance to be honest? Every team our players have joined has relegated, even Ashkan on Fulham.

Kagawa has been integral to Dortmund's past success, and Okazaki was a main player in Leicester winning the PL. When an Iranian player does that again, believe me that we will be given more opportunities. Yes, until then, we will have to work.
                          Well, to be fair, Dejagah won the Bundesliga with Wolfsburg.

Comment

The Russian league starts in a few weeks and we have heard nothing about Azmoun. This guy scored 9 goals and played considerably less than other strikers (finished 9th in Russia's league in scoring) and nothing happened? He's only 22. Most teams are having training camps now, important for acclimation that he finds a team.
                            Last edited by Tehranto; 07-02-2016, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                              The Russian league starts in a few weeks and we have heard nothing about Azmoun. This guy scored 9 goals and played considerably less than other strikers (finished 9th in Russia's league in scoring) and nothing happened? He's only 22. Most teams are having training camps now, important for acclimation that he finds a team.
                              Until we haven't heard otherwise, he does have a team! Rubin Kazan! :/

Comment

Is this a thread about the history of Asian players in Europe, or a Sardar Azmoun transfer rumour? Can people plz discuss, who, when and what non-Sardar Asian/Iranian in a different thread, it's half a page rumors, 10½ pages off topic. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X