South Korea- Spain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YeCheesi Tala View Post
    There is no point in playing a team like Spain (or any other top 5 team) unless:
    1) We are going into WC tournament
    2) We have a complete TM with every position secured with a solid player (which is not the case at the moment)

What SK is doing right now is practicing with a chef to cook seared scallops to full perfection. But the competition they are preparing for is how to make perfectly cooked rice.

CQ is doing the right thing here by taking two friendlies that suit the level of the competition we have in Asian.
    1) Macedonia (which is slightly stronger then most of our competition)
    2) Krgy (which is on the same level and little below our competition)
    2nd that. On top of that, financially it wouldn't make sense for TM to play a team like Spain when they can't even get a proper training pitch for TM.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
      2nd that. On top of that, financially it wouldn't make sense for TM to play a team like Spain when they can't even get a proper training pitch for TM.
      We cancelled a game with Croatia even though it was already scheduled. Financials don't have much to do with this anymore.

Comment

korea played really offensive and had 13 goal attempts and 7 was on target. thats a lot against a team like spain. 44 % ball is not bad either

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
          we lost to world cup finalists 1-0.

our biggest loss ever was +60 years ago.

no team no matter how good they are, can't humiliate us like what Spain did today to South Korea.

and this is why we are Asia's #1.

Asian teams like South Korea bring shame to the continent.
          I love this post. My favorite post of the day because it's true.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
            let's remember another humiliation that happened, on this day, 14 years ago, Saudi arabia infamously lost 0-8 to Germany in the 2002 World Cup

One of the happiest days of my life.

Comment

The only thing you learn from starting your campaign playing a strong footballing nation like Spain is that you need a new team!! So IMO CQ not playing the likes of Spain and even Australia now is good as he is just warming up his teams engines. Iam 100% confident that TM will play much more tougher opponents before the actual qualifying begins in September. So stay tuned. CQ ain't no fool!....

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                korea played really offensive and had 13 goal attempts and 7 was on target. thats a lot against a team like spain. 44 % ball is not bad either
                the only stat that matters is the percentage of shots that cross the goal line, and I bet, it looks pretty crappy for korea.
                “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Again, there is no way Spain would have humiliated us like they did Koreans.

We have played big name teams, Chile, Argentina, Sweden, Brazil, Russia, etc. but we did well against all of them.

We are amazing defensively.

Comment

My and KC Mcelroy khan best thing that happend in our life!

Comment

Koreans are dumb and they should keep playing big teams. They have no structure or goal on how to give their team confidence and build a solid team. They think they are badass already. CQ knows better specially with them money we don't have

Comment

I saw most of the game Korea was ok in holding possession for the first 30 min and last 30 min. 3/4 of their shots on target were rollers on the ground to the goalie. They couldnt beat the Spanish at all in 1v1 situations.

Second on the 8-0 game. After we barely missed out to Ireland it waa good to see Saudi get beat down by Germany, the Ireland team, and I believe Cameroon

Comment

Originally posted by pdot View Post
                          We cancelled a game with Croatia even though it was already scheduled. Financials don't have much to do with this anymore.
                          Do we really know why the Croatia game was cancelled? Last I heard CQ rejected it. I highly doubt IFF could afford a friendly game against teams such as Spain.

Comment

Laugh all you want but Korea is the one that is going to come out ahead. Seems like you forgot AS Roma.

Comment

Originally posted by kia View Post
                              Laugh all you want but Korea is the one that is going to come out ahead. Seems like you forgot AS Roma.
                              Your comment is like me as a Milan fan saying don't forget all our trophies and trying to say that our team is the same as it was back then. TM then is not even slightly comparable to TM now.

Comment

I'd actually prefer us to play Spain so that we can improve. I can't understand how people would want Macedonia instead. A match-up against Spain is a quality friendly for us.

Comment

Working...
                                X