Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else is missing Team Melli in Euro 2016 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pdot View Post
    Iran can beat a few teams:
    Romania
    Albania
    North Ireland
    Poland (Maybe???)
    Hungary
    Iceland
    Austria
    Iran can beat Brazil and Argentina as well. But if I was a betting man, of the teams you listed there only Albania in it's present form would I bet large on Iran beating. The rest, sure their is a chance, as much a chance as perhaps Vietnam or Thailand has beating us presently. What saddens me, is that in 2 WC's Albania will be on par with Bosnia or Croatia and we will still be discussing skin and teeth qualification to WC.
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
      The entire time I'm watching Euros, I'm thinking to myself, Team Melli is on the same level, at least, with several of these teams.
      Maybe it's the carelessly optimistic Team Melli in my core, but how can you say that Team Melli is not on the same level as Albania? Iceland? I think it's safe to same that we are on the same level as Albania and Iceland.
      Iran has beak Ukraine (1-0 back in 2003-2004), Russia 1-0 (a few years ago), and Slovakia 4-3 (back in 2001, Nikbakht-Vahedi with a hat-trick).
      On a "good" day, Iran could hang with any of those teams, but on a "bad" day, Iran can lose to Lebanon. That's exactly what makes Team Melli so lovable, exciting, charming, and completely unpredictable.
      It was the wizard who scored a hattrick on Slovakia.

Comment

Iran can beat a few teams:
        Romania
        Albania
        North Ireland
        Poland (Maybe???)
        Hungary
        Iceland
        Austria
        LOOL

You're not following the Euros are you

Comment

Have been watching every single Euro Game so far and just thought the same yesterday about TM participating in the Cup. With good Tactics from CQ we could easily at least be on the same level as 8-12 Teams in the Tournament! For example we should definately be able to beat Austria,Hungary,Russia,Ukraine,Island,Romania,Alba nia,Wales,Turkey,Ireland. Im not saying that well definately beat them but as said...with good tactics and a good performance as we showed against Argentina for example in 2014 we should have pretty good chance to go for a win against these teams. On a good day dont be surprised to even give Teams like Portugal,Switzerland and Croatia a good run for their Money!On the other side on a bad day all the above mentioned Teams can teach you a lesson. Regardless of our recent Asian Cup and WQC Performances.....WC 2014 showed us that we can compete with even the biggest Teams...Nigeria was Africa Champion as they faced us.....they failed to score....Argentina just missed the Title by a few inches....and only Messi made the difference....give Dejagah the deserved penalty and there you go Round of last 16!

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
            LOOL
            You're not following the Euros are you
            We almost beat Argentina. I don't understand why you think these teams are so much better.

Iran only lost 1-0 to Albania a few years ago and that was before CQ.

Comment

Originally posted by rooyintan View Post
              Poland and Northern Ireland you are joking, right?
              But you know what, I'm sure Iran would have turned Turkey into Pastirma/Basturma. Croats were unlucky not to win over them 10-0.
              As I stated Iran "can" beat a few teams. I still wouldn't put it against Iran to win a close game against any of those teams. Poland might be hardest test out of those teams, but we would still have a chance.

Comment

We should be very happy we're not a part of UEFA, else we'd have more difficulty making it to the World Cup than we already do.
                Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
                محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
                - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

Thanks for this thread bro. You made my day!

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                    Iran would have a hard time winning a single game. Iran should focus on winning the Asian cup before we get to cocky about their ability
                    lol the damn arabs will never allow iran to win the asian cup.

Comment

As I stated Iran "can" beat a few teams. I still wouldn't put it against Iran to win a close game against any of those teams. Poland might be hardest test out of those teams, but we would still have a chance.
                      IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Frank Ocean, which is worse: your singing or your thread?

Comment

I really wish Iran was in UEFA. Not because we would rock it or anything, but because we'd probably get more European friendlies out of it. We'd probably fall in our rankings but it could improve our soccer a lot through out the years.

Comment

How is our basketball team wearing adidas but our football team won't ?

Comment

Originally posted by mehdiKia15 View Post
                              How is our basketball team wearing adidas but our football team won't ?
                              Pics ?

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
                                Iran can't even win the Asian Cup let alone qualify for Euros. We got beat bad by Sweden and Bosnia, both who are average teams by European standards.
                                Totally agree. Bosnia failed to qualify for such an average tournament where even Spain lose to second string Croatia team without Modric.

Comment

Working...
                                X