Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is honestly a luxury problem for Iranian football, having us debating whether we prefer him to play in Russia or another European league. Few years ago, we'd thank god for having an Iranian player in a bottom European league, let alone the Russian league.

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
      This is honestly a luxury problem for Iranian football, having us debating whether we prefer him to play in Russia or another European league. Few years ago, we'd thank god for having an Iranian player in a bottom European league, let alone the Russian league.
      Tbh honest, I am more critical of Azmoun and Saeid not because they don't have potential but because I think at this stage in their development they should not expect anyone to seriously consider them a locked fix to start in any major league top 5 team. They just don't have the pace, stamina, and development yet. Personally in terms of talent, ARJ and Gucci are far better currently imo...now after 2018 I anticipate a different story. That's also when I will start to seriously consider falling for the big transfer news...if all goes as planned.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
        Tbh honest, I am more critical of Azmoun and Saeid not because they don't have potential but because I think at this stage in their development they should not expect anyone to seriously consider them a locked fix to start in any major league top 5 team. They just don't have the pace, stamina, and development yet. Personally in terms of talent, ARJ and Gucci are far better currently imo...now after 2018 I anticipate a different story. That's also when I will start to seriously consider falling for the big transfer news...if all goes as planned.

Jahanbakhsh and Gucci are far better than Azmoun and Ezi in terms of talent? Why do you think so?

Comment

Originally posted by Malavani View Post
          Jahanbakhsh and Gucci are far better than Azmoun and Ezi in terms of talent? Why do you think so?
          I view the dutch league as much stronger than RPL. Both players are far more consistent, and while they aren't necessarily as technically gifted as the RPL lads, what they lack they make up in experience and determination.

Comment

I view the dutch league as much stronger than RPL. Both players are far more consistent, and while they aren't necessarily as technically gifted as the RPL lads, what they lack they make up in experience and determination.
            Dutch league defending is a joke... Absolutely soorakh centerbacks... I think I would make a decent CB for AZ Alkmaar lmfao
            RPL may not have the same quality fields and "fancy" attackers like Ziyech, but i guarantee you theres a reason why FC Rostov, the team we keep shitting on, beat Bayern Munich for gods sake

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
              Dutch league defending is a joke... Absolutely soorakh centerbacks... I think I would make a decent CB for AZ Alkmaar lmfao
              RPL may not have the same quality fields and "fancy" attackers like Ziyech, but i guarantee you theres a reason why FC Rostov, the team we keep shitting on, beat Bayern Munich for gods sake
              Hmmm...you don't think you are reading too much into one match? I mean there must be a reason why Bayern beat Rostov 5-0 in the first leg?

Comment

Hmmm...you don't think you are reading too much into one match? I mean there must be a reason why Bayern beat Rostov 5-0 in the first leg?

we all saw what rostov did to ajax (5-2 on aggregate), and the reality is PSV had to beat them in their last game to go through to EL as 3rd and didnt even come close. Rostov easily closed them out,

Comment

Strong teams from the whole world regularly get shit on 4-0 and 5-0 from Bayern.
                  Teams like arsenal too.

The truth is that Rostov beat ajax and anderlecht like ab khordan. That should tell you about their quality in general.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
                  AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                    Strong teams from the whole world regularly get shit on 4-0 and 5-0 from Bayern.
                    Teams like arsenal too.

The truth is that Rostov beat ajax and anderlecht like ab khordan. That should tell you about their quality in general.

Sure...everyone has ups and downs. So why look at a snapshot? Since 1956 number of times dutch clubs won the european championships highest honour = 6. Number of Russian wins = 0. Just because Rostov had a good year doesn't mean it tells the entire RPL story.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                      we all saw what rostov did to ajax (5-2 on aggregate), and the reality is PSV had to beat them in their last game to go through to EL as 3rd and didnt even come close. Rostov easily closed them out,
                      That must mean RPL is better than erdisvie right?

How about european club performance accross all club tournaments by nation.

Dutch club champions = 17

Russian and Soviet champions = 7

Comment

idk you're the one who brought up rostov losing their first game to bayern 5-0 as an indicator of league strength. Read your own post lol.

As for the stats you just gave, nobody is arguing that the duch league was once excellent. Players like Kuyt, Robben, Van persie, van nistelrooy, etc went from eridivisie to the best teams in the world and were very successful. But recently, that just isnt the case. They typically end up getting just one team in the group stages, and that team quickly gets knocked out without even putting up a fight. This lack of quality is further illustrated by their recent exports to bigger european leagues (depay , janssen, van ginkel, altidore, johansson, etc) have mostly been failures. These are usually attacking players who stand out in eridivisie but b/c the level of defending is soooo poor there, they struggle when asked to play against half decent defenses in other countries.

Comment

Sardar Azmoun & Saeid Ezatolahi @ FC Rostov | 2016/17

Yes, we all know Dutch football has a rich history.

However in current terms, E.G. What actually matters and is relevant to this conversation, all the stuff you posted means gooz.

And it's not just one or two years.

Dutch football has been Declining for some years now.

Funny that you bring up European competition!! That is exactly how European league rankings are calculated.
                          They take in to account the last 8 or so seasons of champions league and European league performance into account.

And guess what?

Russia = 6th

Netherlands is not even in the top 10.

Please stop with this shit.

Last edited by KeonKish; 02-05-2017, 09:25 AM.
                          AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

O-zone, Throughout the 50's through 90's, (hell maybe even part of the 2000s), the Eredivisie was a very strong league. However, today, it is not nearly as close to what it once was.

Comment

Yes, it is currently a better league than eredivisie. Even French clubs have won less european titles than Dutch clubs, does it mean that Eredivisie is stronger than Ligue 1?

here are two facts:
                              -RPL ranked is currently ranked 7th in uefa ranking whereas eredivisie is 13th, and this is simply due to the fact that Russians teams performed better than Dutch teams in recent years in european competitions
                              -A depleted Rostov team(mid table in RPL) made it to the CL group stage at the expense of Ajax and finished 3rd in their group which qualified them to EL instead of PSV...

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                                O-zone, Throughout the 50's through 90's, (hell maybe even part of the 2000s), the Eredivisie was a very strong league. However, today, it is not nearly as close to what it once was.
                                Eredivisie has only 2 or 3 strong teams and the rest are playing Micky Mouse. It used to be a good place for developing talented football players and had a strong talent pool. Now, it has been over poached by English/German/Spanish/Italian agents in academy level that there are no more quality left. The concept of defense means nothing in their league and it is going to become a complete amateurish league in near future if they don't come up with a final solution. Their top scorers and best talents become useless in big 4 European leagues. Look at Memphis Depay in Man United or Vincent Janssen in Tottenham Hotspur. They used to tear Eredivisie apart but they were useless in EPL.

I think for the time being Eredivisie is a good place for young Iranian players to start their career in Europe and later transfer to better leagues. If they stay in Eredivisie for more than 2-3 years then they stagnate. JB should get the hell out of there already. When he transferred from Damash to NEC he made a great decision but when he stayed in AZ Alkmaar or even when NEC relegated to second division he made the wrong one. So whoever transfer there should make an impact, impress few European agents and get the hell out.

Barzay, Torabi, Nourafkan, Cheshmi, Pahlevan, Rezai, Alipour, Taremi, Tabrizi, ... can go there and transfer to better Leagues in a year or two.

Comment

Working...
                                X