X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.ana.ir/news/215385

Comment

Looks like a departure this summer is inevitable then. Hoping that his UCL performances earlier this season have made him enough of a target that his second half of the season performance is overshadowed and he finds a decent club. He might actually fit well in the premier league if he could handle the physicality of russia.

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
        Translation?

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
          Brief translation:
          "It seems Rostov's team management criticized Sardar for his lack of focus/less productivity in RPL. It was rumored that Sardar was playing more cautious to avoid injury and and get ready for a transfer to a bigger club. (something like being more careful and less productive) Right within 24/48 hours Sardar told to Rostov management that he will be leaving the team in summer because he will be a free player but previously Rostov had announced that Sardar had an agreement with them to extend his contract for another 2 years which makes this a little shady. At the same time a Russian website has reported that Berdiyev is leaving Rostov very soon."

Speculation:
          If this is true then his contract with Rostov remains in question. Was it only an agreement or contract? We know Rostov has been in debt even to Russian IRS (tax collection agency) and didn't pay many of Rostov's players. If this is the case then Sardar should be able to null the contract with some compensations. This can also mean Sardar will join Berdiev in another Russian team if not moving to another league. Earlier last year there was a rumor that Berdiyev wanted to take over Spartak Moscow. If they join a better Russian club such as Spartak, Zenith or CSKA (even Krasnodar is better than Rostov) it will be still good for Sardar but most of us like to see him in western European leagues.

Comment

https://www.1rnd.ru/news/1638762
            here is original article. Basically the coaches say azmoun is giving a lot of effort in training, but his link up with his strike partners is not as effective as before. Still, they talk about his strengths, and the article mentions potential offers (villareal,tottenham,liverpool) and that apparently he will leave this summer as a free agent. I think despite his poor league record many teams will be interested in him (maybe not the likes of liverpool) due to his CL performance, league performance last season. Plus teams can get him for very cheap...

Comment

If he's a free agent then Rostov was extremely stupid to not sell him in the summer.

Comment

Didn't he sign an extension?

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                  Didn't he sign an extension?
                  who knows. It was all very shady...

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                    https://www.1rnd.ru/news/1638762
                    here is original article. Basically the coaches say azmoun is giving a lot of effort in training, but his link up with his strike partners is not as effective as before. Still, they talk about his strengths, and the article mentions potential offers (villareal,tottenham,liverpool) and that apparently he will leave this summer as a free agent. I think despite his poor league record many teams will be interested in him (maybe not the likes of liverpool) due to his CL performance, league performance last season. Plus teams can get him for very cheap...
                    no wonder the last match i saw from him vs Spartak he was being unusually unselfish and kept laying the ball off to his teammates when it was wiser to take a crack at the goal..!
                    that clown new coaching staff been putting ridiculous, undo pressure on the kid..! good thing though that has finally motivate him to get the fk outa dodge..!

ps
                    personally dont give a shitt about his goal scoring drought, he looked pretty lively and dangerous and played a good game vs Spartak and tbh, he still looked the best of our CF bunch in the last two world cup qualifiers as well, regardless of him not finding the back of the net.

Comment

Sounds like the dude is in a bad environment. He needs to be where they will help him develop his talent.

Comment

Sardar Azmoun @ FC Rostov | 2016/17

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                        no wonder the last match i saw from him vs Spartak he was being unusually unselfish and kept laying the ball off to his teammates when it was wiser to take a crack at the goal..!
                        that clown new coaching staff been putting ridiculous, undo pressure on the kid..! good thing though that has finally motivate him to get the fk outa dodge..!

ps
                        personally dont give a shitt about his goal scoring drought, he looked pretty lively and dangerous and played a good game vs Spartak and tbh, he still looked the best of our CF bunch in the last two world cup qualifiers as well, regardless of him not finding the back of the net.
                        Well scouts care about his goal tally.

And Taremi is, goal scoring wise, currently the best TM striker as much as some people dislike that. His goals vs. Qatar and China basically sealed our qualification. What did Azmoun do for TM lately? Missed a lot of chances and looked rusty, except from that brilliant goal against the Koreans.

Comment

There is A lot of good play and efforts by many players on offense that culminated in our goals vs China n gutter.
                          Taremi primarily played a winger/drop back forward role. Reza was the only other CF, & azmoun's overall performance in both games in CF role was far superior to Gucci's imo...!
                          Beside Sardar frequently draw double n triple markings in those games which helped create openings for the likes of taremi etc.
                          Ps
                          Scouts look for far more than just the goal tally of a player. Him stepping up & scoring vs. EU giants in CL, speaks far more of his caliber & potential than his goal tally in a highly defensive Rostov in RPL.
                          He just can't get stagnant in his progress & must quickly make the move outa RPL while the hype sorrunding him is @ it's peak, which is now..! Otherwise he'll have have himself a great showing @ WC to match that sorta hype again & start entertaining possible offers from elite EU leagues/team.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                            Well scouts care about his goal tally.

And Taremi is, goal scoring wise, currently the best TM striker as much as some people dislike that. His goals vs. Qatar and China basically sealed our qualification. What did Azmoun do for TM lately? Missed a lot of chances and looked rusty, except from that brilliant goal against the Koreans.
                            In the final round of WCQ's, that's quite literally all he did. He doesn't look like the same hungry sardar we are used to seeing
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Comment

Just reading a few posts on twitter and I see a lot of Liverpool fans saying that they still expect Sardar to move to the team this summer. A lot of people "confirming" (don't know how they can confirm) that Timo Werner of RB Leipzig is Liverpool's top target, but Sardar is likely to be signed too. A few people saying Alexander Lacazette, Timo Werner, and Sardar are the targets this summer to bolster the attack.

If Sardar had accepted Liverpool in December, he could have really started to push himself to have a more prominent role. If he is brought in the summer, it is almost certain that he will be fighting harder for a spot. The decision to delay his move was foolish. I still believe in Sardar, but his failure to take that opportunity really may set his progress behind. Our players need to surround themselves with ambitious people. Our players' fears hold them back. The only way I could see us failing in the next World Cup is if we beat ourselves with a scared mentality. Hopefully CQ can train the fear out of them, but I fear that the Iranian fear of reaching for the stars may hold us back. We don't believe we can lift the World Cup. Many other teams that have ZERO chance believe. We have a mentality that we can never win an oscar, or sell 1 Million albums, or whatever other dream.

Sardar is a lesson that playing it safe is almost always a mistake. Taking a risk and failing is better than playing it safe for lesser success. Sardar has made it harder on himself, but I still believe in him. The kid is one of Iran's greatest talents that I have personally ever seen. He has flashes of a top-ranked player. Only comparable player in my mind was Karimi, who held his own career back.

This summer is very important for Sardar. The decision he makes this summer will likely have a profound effect on his career, one way or another. Maybe staying in Russia at Spartak or Zenit may be the right choice, I won't judge. It's his career. It would be a massive waste if he doesn't reach his potential though. I believe that his ceiling is comparable to Karimi's, although Karimi probably reached only half of his ceiling. Karimi could have been a top-20 football player in the world tbh. Sardar can be a household name, and I hope he pushes himself to get there.

Comment

Working...
                                X