Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was that offer from Villarreal legit? That would have been a really nice club for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
      Just reading a few posts on twitter and I see a lot of Liverpool fans saying that they still expect Sardar to move to the team this summer. A lot of people "confirming" (don't know how they can confirm) that Timo Werner of RB Leipzig is Liverpool's top target, but Sardar is likely to be signed too. A few people saying Alexander Lacazette, Timo Werner, and Sardar are the targets this summer to bolster the attack.

If Sardar had accepted Liverpool in December, he could have really started to push himself to have a more prominent role. If he is brought in the summer, it is almost certain that he will be fighting harder for a spot. The decision to delay his move was foolish. I still believe in Sardar, but his failure to take that opportunity really may set his progress behind. Our players need to surround themselves with ambitious people. Our players' fears hold them back. The only way I could see us failing in the next World Cup is if we beat ourselves with a scared mentality. Hopefully CQ can train the fear out of them, but I fear that the Iranian fear of reaching for the stars may hold us back. We don't believe we can lift the World Cup. Many other teams that have ZERO chance believe. We have a mentality that we can never win an oscar, or sell 1 Million albums, or whatever other dream.

Sardar is a lesson that playing it safe is almost always a mistake. Taking a risk and failing is better than playing it safe for lesser success. Sardar has made it harder on himself, but I still believe in him. The kid is one of Iran's greatest talents that I have personally ever seen. He has flashes of a top-ranked player. Only comparable player in my mind was Karimi, who held his own career back.

This summer is very important for Sardar. The decision he makes this summer will likely have a profound effect on his career, one way or another. Maybe staying in Russia at Spartak or Zenit may be the right choice, I won't judge. It's his career. It would be a massive waste if he doesn't reach his potential though. I believe that his ceiling is comparable to Karimi's, although Karimi probably reached only half of his ceiling. Karimi could have been a top-20 football player in the world tbh. Sardar can be a household name, and I hope he pushes himself to get there.
      I agree but it is also easy to say all that now. During the winter break, he just finish a pretty successful first half of season, and the second half looked promising in Rostov : getting playing time in the league and playing Europa league against Sparta Prague and Manchester United.

If he went to Liverpool back then with garbage playing time and average performance, everybody would have regretted he didn't stay In Rostov playing Europa league and waiting a better opportunity.

Comment

Comment

Sardar Azmoun @ FC Rostov | 2016/17

He is currently playing vs Arsenal Tula and missed a 1 on 1 saved from their keeper. To his defence it was from a difficult angle.

Karim had scored a goal from the same position with Panionios tho (the one that was assisted by Shojaei)

Comment

What was he thinking with that dive? Man up and just score a goal in the 2nd half...

Comment

Another 1 on 1 miss, hits the bar. Dige nemidounam chi begam

Comment

Another 1 on 1 missed by Azmoun pfff

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                  Another 1 on 1 miss, hits the bar. Dige nemidounam chi begam
                  In this game alone he should have had scored 2 goals, there is no excuse for him to miss, he will be probably taken off soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                    In this game alone he should have had scored 2 goals, there is no excuse for him to miss, he will be probably taken off soon.
                    True, what I find interesting is that if someone like Taremi was the one missing these exact same chances he would probably get 10 times much more criticism, similar to when they also play in TM.

That 2nd chance especially was a training ground straightforward finish. Sardar seem to have some consistency issues, he is more hot and cold than our other strikers in my eyes. Among our 4 TM strikers he also has the worst fitness, you don't expect him to generally be effective/score a goal in the last 25-30 minutes when he starts a match (which is why he often subbed off).

It's a shame to see him drop like that right now, because he has it in him to become an elite player, I am still hoping for a top league move this summer. We need the league to finish asap it doesn't look like he will improve in this league if he stays longer

Comment

Eftezah

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                          True, what I find interesting is that if someone like Taremi was the one missing these exact same chances he would probably get 10 times much more criticism, similar to when they also play in TM.

That 2nd chance especially was a training ground straightforward finish. Sardar seem to have some consistency issues, he is more hot and cold than our other strikers in my eyes. Among our 4 TM strikers he also has the worst fitness, you don't expect him to generally be effective/score a goal in the last 25-30 minutes when he starts a match (which is why he often subbed off).

It's a shame to see him drop like that right now, because he has it in him to become an elite player, I am still hoping for a top league move this summer. We need the league to finish asap it doesn't look like he will improve in this league if he stays longer
                          i agree, but watching the last 20minutes of this game, he was being double teamed often and marked tighter than a nun's asshole..!
                          fact is that he is no longer an unknown young gun and isnt afforded much space to do his moves, he simply have to Step Up his game in order to maintain the same caliber of impact as before and defenses no longer fall for his usual put-you-to-sleep Nonchalant approach, he needs to step up his off-the-ball movement and work-rate,& improve his 1v1 dribbling and technical skills too, cause he is getting beat & dispossessed far to often these days by his immediate markers..!

ps
                          notice him sporting "Something New" Tee around these days..!!? wonder if thats not another strong hint that he is set for the Exit outa Rostov this summer ..!!
                          his current dip in scoring form, and nonchalant approach to games also could well suggest to the fact that he is gonna be a free agent this summer? keeping himself injury-free and healthy for the move away to his next club...!!?

Comment

AFAIK, he signed for two seasons with Rostov.

Comment

Schalke confirms that they'll sign Konoplyanka on a permanent deal this summer, while Klaas-Jan Huntelaar will be released on a free.

Comment

With the Hunter leaving I don't think it's clear who Schalke's starting striker will be. Right now it is Guido Burgstaller who has a decent record but at 28 you wonder if he's the man they're going to look at. They also have Embolo who is a promising swiss striker, you might remember him from the Euro's or Football Manager.

Comment

Working...
                                X