This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
    You guys can say all you want, but as long as Sardar keeps producing for TM, then that's all that matters to me.
    Talking about setting the ribs high! Continuing like this, he wont be producing for TM much longer.

Comment

While a move within Russia is not what we hoped for Rubin is definitely a step up from Rostov. He'll have better players around him and should have a more offensive style which will benefit him. Plus, there's no European football so he won't have to fatigue himself by playing too many games. If, even in that situation, he can't reach the top 3 of the leading goal scorers that's completely on his lack of ability to convert chances and will prove he's stagnated for the entirety of 2 years with no improvement. If he does get to that top 3 on the charts, plus a good WC performance then I can see him grab a big move. But it's all on Sardar now, he's made the choice to stay in Russia with Berdyev, he needs to perform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Twitter and Instagram: @aryo__hadi

ZendebadIran!

Comment

Although I really wanted azmoun to leave.

I checked Rubins squad.
        With berdeyev I have no doubts that they will be pushing for the championship.

They have 4 or 5 players from la Liga + a few other good quality European players in their squad.

Azmoun will get MUCH better service.

AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
          Although I really wanted azmoun to leave.

I checked Rubins squad.
          With berdeyev I have no doubts that they will be pushing for the championship.

They have 4 or 5 players from la Liga + a few other good quality European players in their squad.

Azmoun will get MUCH better service.

Regardless of the service, the Russian league is filled with anti-football. The top 3/4 of teams park the bus in league matches, so Sardar will have to score the majority of his goals against the bottom-feeder clubs. This just doesn't look good for a player. We see players like Smolov who are still only 27, and not really huge demand for them. If Sardar stays for one or two more years, he'll be a 25 year old Russian League player. If he leaves now, he can re-establish himself in another league. By staying this long, he will always be branded as a product of the Russian league, like Rondon. Anytime Rondon is brought up, many insult him by saying how weak the Russian league is compared to EPL. Sardar could have gone and slowly built himself. No top-league fans are gonna wait for a 25+ year old to find his legs in a demanding league. Like Ansarifard at Olympiacos, people lose faith very fast in players that are in their prime or past. They expect immediate results from players. A 23 year old will get some slack, but not 25+. He will be eaten alive if he doesn't immediately light up the world in a top league.

Sad but true, and hey, as far as it seems, he won't be going to a top-league anyway unless Berdyev becomes Liverpool manager.

Comment

Confirmed on transfermarkt

https://www.transfermarkt.com/sardar...spieler/180337

Comment

Unbelievable, I thought at minimum he would move to a top 3 Russian side

Comment

Originally posted by RubinKazanUK View Post
                Like I said a couple of weeks ago, I believe there is a low release clause which allows him to return to Rubin.

It's not the best move for him, but I'm happy of course.

I've watched him since he joined Rubin as a 17 year old and so I want him to succeed, I hope that he will stay in Russia as a platform before the World Cup, then move after he hopefully has a great tournament.
                What do Rubin fans think about the transfer? Are they unhappy him after what happened when he left Rubin and will they give him a hard time?
                sigpic

Comment

Comment

^His brain is messed up.. let him rotten in Russia.

Comment

Sardar Azmoun @ FC Rostov | 2016/17

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                      What a poor decision maker, he is no more kid, he is almost 23! Playing around 5 years in Europe. I don't mind if it is 1 year deal before WC, anything more than 1 year is totally stupid.
                      Unfortunately I honestly doubt that he will leave Russia in the next couple of years, at least until he is around 25-26 or so.

Seems like he loves it there and with this Rubin move (which Im sure it won't be a single year contract, most likely 2-3 years) it pretty much limits his chances further. Unless he becomes top 5 scorer in the league at least, I can also see his value dropping on the market as he will also get older and teams/people will start to think he's a one season wonder.

We only have to pray that he doesn't become one of those numerous players that just get stuck in Russia and play most of their career there before declining and going back to their countries, in Azmoun's case Iran/China/Qatar.

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                        Unfortunately I honestly doubt that he will leave Russia in the next couple of years, at least until he is around 25-26 or so.
                        Seems like he loves it there and with this Rubin move (which Im sure it won't be a single year contract, most likely 2-3 years) it pretty much limits his chances further. Unless he becomes top 5 scorer in the league at least, I can also see his value dropping on the market as he will also get older and teams/people will start to think he's a one season wonder.
                        We only have to pray that he doesn't become one of those numerous players that just get stuck in Russia and play most of their career there before declining and going back to their countries, in Azmoun's case Iran/China/Qatar.
                        Lack of determination and desire of achieving more, getting satisfied by very little. It is not the story of ONLY recent generation players but also SADLY many of our fans.
                        As long as no one breaks this barrier of playing in top 3-4 leagues, we will continue having players in Russia, Greece, Holland, Belgium, Croatia, etc.
                        Daei, Azizi, Bagheri broke this barrier 20 something years a go and opened the door for even some half a$$ players such as Khatibi, Mousavi who weren't even good for leagues such as Greece!
                        17-18 years a go we sent players such as Mahdavi, Emamifar who weren't even the best in their clubs to Charleroi, now we send one of IPL best players to the Belgian club!
                        Who will break this barrier? I don't know and i don't have much hope. Maybe Jahanbakhsh sometime?
                        It is sad because as i said many times, can't recall any forward with Azmoun talent in Iran in last 30 years i keep watching almost all of TM matches.

Comment

lack of determination and desire of achieving more, getting satisfying by very little. It is not the story of recent generation players but also SADLY many of our fans.
                          As long as no one breaks this barrier of playing in top 3-4 leagues, we will continue having players in Russia, Greece, Holland, Belgium, Croatia, etc.

Daei, Azizi, Bagheri broke this barrier 20 something years a go and open the door for even some half a$$ players such as Khatibi, Mousavi who weren't even good for league such as Greece!

Who will break this barrier? I don't know and i don't have much hope. Maybe Jahanbakhsh sometime?

It is sad because as i said many times, can't recall any forward with Azmoun talent in Iran in last 30 years i keep watching almost all of TM matches.
                          I am pretty sure JB and Mohammadi at least will both play in top 3 leagues at some point in their career, I had that vibe for JB since couple of years now and always felt he was going to have a better club career than Azmoun. I hope Sardar will also change at some point but Im not too hopeful.

Comment

I am pretty sure JB and Mohammadi at least will both play in top 3 leagues at some point in their career, I had that vibe for JB since couple of years now and always felt he was going to have a better club career than Azmoun. I hope Sardar will also change at some point but Im not too hopeful.
                            I see them as the most focused ones and i agree with you. Talent is not everything. Ask Daei, ask Vahid Hashemian. Hats off to someone like Ansarifard even, not the most talented forward, but managed to play in traditional club such as Olympiacos, i don't mind it if the talent is not at the best level, but when you have talent and you lack desire it is frustrating, remind me of Ali Karimi, the guy had hell of first season with Bayern, i remember i was working on an article regarding Bayern midfielder back to the time(when access to the information was not like today) and i said to myself, there is no way Karimi manage to get playing time in Bayern with such a depth in midfielder, and what happened after an amazing first year? Bunch of injuries and most important lack of desire ruined such a jewel.

Comment

I see them as the most focused ones and i agree with you. Talent is not everything. Ask Daei, ask Vahid Hashemian. Hats off to someone like Ansarifard even, not the most talented forward, but managed to play in traditional club such as Olympiacos, i don't mind it if the talent is not at the best level, but when you have talent and you lack desire it is frustrating, remind me of Ali Karimi, the guy had hell of first season with Bayern, i remember i was working on an article regarding Bayern midfielder back to the time(when access to the information was not like today) and i said to myself, there is no way Karimi manage to get playing time in Bayern with such a depth in midfielder, and what happened after an amazing first year? Bunch of injuries and most important lack of desire ruined such a jewel.
                              Yup, totally agreed. I just sincerely hope Azmoun won't have a Axel Witsel or Danny type career where they will stay too much and pass their peak in Russia.

Comment

Yup, totally agreed. I just sincerely hope Azmoun won't have a Axel Witsel or Danny type career where they will stay too much and pass their peak in Russia.
                                Honest question: why would that be a bad thing? Axel Witsel has been a consistently well-performing player for his national team. Would you not be happy with that in Sardar's case? Why is his club career so important to people here? Do you really think that him being in a more prominent league automatically translates into a better performance for Team Melli? Isn't his performance for Team Melli more than satisfying? Wasn't Gucci playing amazingly well for Team Melli when he wasn't even a regular starter at Charlton? Has Gucci become a better NT player now that he is one of the top scorers of the Dutch league? And what about all those players in Europe who shine for their clubs, but are comparatively less effective at NT level (take Messi for example)? In sum, why are you guys sooooo obsessed with Sardar's club career? Give the guy a break as long as his average score for TM rivals that of Ali Daei!

Comment

Working...
                                X