This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lorestani View Post
    Honest question: why would that be a bad thing? Axel Witsel has been a consistently well-performing player for his national team. Would you not be happy with that in Sardar's case? Why is his club career so important to people here? Do you really think that him being in a more prominent league automatically translates into a better performance for Team Melli? Isn't his performance for Team Melli more than satisfying? Wasn't Gucci playing amazingly well for Team Melli when he wasn't even a regular starter at Charlton? Has Gucci become a better NT player now that he is one of the top scorers of the Dutch league? And what about all those players in Europe who shine for their clubs, but are comparatively less effective at NT level (take Messi for example)? In sum, why are you guys sooooo obsessed with Sardar's club career? Give the guy a break as long as his average score for TM rivals that of Ali Daei!
    We can hope for Sardar to both play well for TM and also improve the name of Iran in international football. Witsel is fine because he doesn't have the name of Belgium on his back. Many of us were hoping that Sardar would push himself to show the world that Iranian football can compete on the biggest stage. Sadly, people forget about World Cups after one year. People aren't really raving about any Costa Ricans anymore, as that is long-ago history. Sardar playing well in the world cup only to be languishing in Russia in 2019 doesn't really do anything for many of us. I follow TM because I'm proud to be Iranian. I want our players to make us look good. Belgium already is a top team. People don't look at Witsel as an example of Belgian players quality. Right now, when many think of Iranian football, they think of Azmoun. Him being stuck in Russia does nothing to improve the name or image of Iranian football sadly. Hopefully, ARJ and Mohammadi can make a name for Iranian football in Europe.

Comment

Mods, please change the thread title to: Sardar Berdyev @ FC Hostage 2017/18

Comment

Originally posted by Lorestani View Post
        Honest question: why would that be a bad thing? Axel Witsel has been a consistently well-performing player for his national team. Would you not be happy with that in Sardar's case? Why is his club career so important to people here? Do you really think that him being in a more prominent league automatically translates into a better performance for Team Melli? Isn't his performance for Team Melli more than satisfying? Wasn't Gucci playing amazingly well for Team Melli when he wasn't even a regular starter at Charlton? Has Gucci become a better NT player now that he is one of the top scorers of the Dutch league? And what about all those players in Europe who shine for their clubs, but are comparatively less effective at NT level (take Messi for example)? In sum, why are you guys sooooo obsessed with Sardar's club career? Give the guy a break as long as his average score for TM rivals that of Ali Daei!
        Axel Witsel has had an underwhelming club career considering his talent, and it's considered a waste. Same with Azmoun, we can't compare him with Gucci talent wise. Everyone wants their country's players to play at the top level, and Iranians are no exceptions. We aren't speaking about NT performances here. The more our players leave for top leagues, the more it opens up a way for other Iranian players in those leagues, and when your top talent like Azmoun is scared of making such move while staying in his comfort zone, it's simply not good for Iranian football altogether on the long run, not good for our reputation and not good for our future generation of players, that's what you need to understand.

I see this type of argument has been often posted, so I hope that those same people that are just content with Azmoun's mediocre club selection as long as he's performing the way he is with the NT, won't complain about guys like Pouraliganji, Beiranvand, Taremi, Torabi staying in the middle-east. They are performing in the NT, so why does everyone wants them to leave Iran or Qatar?

The irony is that you can see some of the same people that criticize Taremi (who has performed as good, if not better than Sardar) for staying in Iran, posting that as long as Azmoun plays well for TM, it doesn't matter where he plays. Well then don't complain about player like Mehdi not leaving Iran and let them even go to Qatar if they want to

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
          Mods, please change the thread title to: Sardar Berdyev @ FC Hostage 2017/18
          His transfer to Rubin is such a disappointing move that i don't want any other threads for him.
          Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.

Comment

If it's only for a year it makes sense. No risk and certain playing time in a familiar environment ahead of WC after which he might go for a big club.

Comment

The only way I can be okay with this is if he's at least in the top 3 scorers of the league and leaves immediately after the World Cup and

Comment

can someone clarify the length of this contract?
                Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
                  can someone clarify the length of this contract?
                  I think I read somewhere it's until Berdyev leaves.

Comment

^^ lol
                    Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                    O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
                      If it's only for a year it makes sense. No risk and certain playing time in a familiar environment ahead of WC after which he might go for a big club.
                      i agree, but that seems somewhat unlikely..!? it makes more sense to assume, they would tack on @ least 1 more year, so Rubin stand to earn a decent transfer fee via his probable transfer to a rich league/team after the WC..!!
                      UNLESS, Berdiyev ( as suspected) IS Indeed his De facto Agent ..!!!? then he would stand to make a handsome Commission from his ensuing transfer, so it would be quiet likely that the deal would be for only a year or somewhat open-ended, until $ome rich club $plashes a $ignificant figure for his transfer outa Rubin, which could possibly even be as early as this coming winter transfer window ..?? or as late as Never ..!! considering that Russians arent like the Dutch who'd be quick to sell-away their top talents as soon as a somewhat lucrative offer is thrown their way..!
                      Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                      I think I read somewhere it's until Berdyev leaves.

Comment

I read yesterday the contract is two years. This makes sense as rubin would want somebody to pay a transfer fee after WC, which isnt possible if his contract is done. Also, according to russian media, Sardar rejected offers from top 5 teams in Serie A , Bundesliga, EPL. This conflicts with what sardar himself said, that he has not received any concrete offers. Its not the best move, and many on social media, sports outlets, etc are very surprised. But he has made his choice. It is now up to sardar to retain the hype around him by scoring 15-20 league goals this season, and helping Rubin challenge for the title. If he does this he will have even more offers than he does now, especially if you add the possibility of showing himself on the international stage ( World Cup). Its is ultimately his choice, and we should now support him. He has always been excellent for TM and scored in crucial moments. Lets also remember this is a young kid. Extreme backlash from iranian supporters could be detrimental to his confidence.

Comment

I don't know anything about Sardar's personal life but didn't he have a Russian girlfriend or something. Maybe that is the reason why he is staying in Russia

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                            I don't know anything about Sardar's personal life but didn't he have a Russian girlfriend or something. Maybe that is the reason why he is staying in Russia
                            personally I think he is just very comfortable in Russia. Kazan is a great city with a muslim ( but not fanatic) culture, and is viewed as the third capital of russia. Plus he is a celebrity there pretty much. And obviously working with Berdyev who he clearly trusts a lot ( rightly or wrongly) is a key factor. What I find interesting is the multiple interviews with him saying that he will be in a big european league very soon with a big team, that he wants to play in PL, etc. The guy doesnt seem like a liar, he always addresses transfer rumours that are bs on his IG very quickly, in interviews, etc. I think I will take his word for it, and hope that this is truly his last season in Russia. Moving at the age of 23 to a big european league and or club gives him more experience, and hopefully another very successful season under his belt. We will have to wait and see.

Comment

persian_futball on instagram says: Sardar has a deal with Berdyev that Sardar should stay under the control of Berdyev for god damn 10 years. As much as i don't think this is true (even though Sardar's actions suggest that) a human being a professional footballer shouldn't be this stupid to give his career's control to an old man who thinks about his mafia and his own wage. This kid is not only f**** up his career but also maybe a nation's dream which is at least qualifying to second round of World Cup. I am so pissed off right now this kid better score more than 15-20 or i'm done with him.
                              Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                                personally I think he is just very comfortable in Russia. Kazan is a great city with a muslim ( but not fanatic) culture, and is viewed as the third capital of russia. Plus he is a celebrity there pretty much. And obviously working with Berdyev who he clearly trusts a lot ( rightly or wrongly) is a key factor. What I find interesting is the multiple interviews with him saying that he will be in a big european league very soon with a big team, that he wants to play in PL, etc. The guy doesnt seem like a liar, he always addresses transfer rumours that are bs on his IG very quickly, in interviews, etc. I think I will take his word for it, and hope that this is truly his last season in Russia. Moving at the age of 23 to a big european league and or club gives him more experience, and hopefully another very successful season under his belt. We will have to wait and see.
                                I agree with you. Perhaps he wants to stay in Russia one more year until the WC comes and uses it as a platform. Then he might move to a bigger league once other clubs take notice of him

Comment

Working...
                                X