Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, I love Azmoun and think his talent is certainly huge. He certainly has all the attributes to be world-class.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves. He is still a risk for a "big" european side to be a marquee signing, and there is unlikely to be an Iranian breaking into this list: https://www.fourfourtwo.com/my/featu...otballers-ever

Why?

1) His record of 7 goals in 26 games domestically this year isn't great. Nor is 23 goals in 77 games in Russia. Now, scouts don't all know that Rostov are a defensive-minded team, sometimes they just look at the stats.

2) Iran is a pariah nation politically. There are always various specific risks brought about by this. For example, if playing an Israeli club in Europe or signing and Israeli player.

3) Iran doesn't have copyright laws, so they can't shift T-shirts and merchandise from a popular player like in East Asia.

4) Apart from educated football analysts, europeans just know less about Iran football-wise than Japan, SK, Australia. They may remember a good performance against Argentina and the win against USA but that's about it. Iran's rise to the top of Asian football is only recent, so hasn't yet been processed, nor has the early qualification to WC. So in essence, Iran is subconsciously considered as worse than the other teams by most fans (FOR THE MOMENT)

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
      Guys, I love Azmoun and think his talent is certainly huge. He certainly has all the attributes to be world-class.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves. He is still a risk for a "big" european side to be a marquee signing, and there is unlikely to be an Iranian breaking into this list: https://www.fourfourtwo.com/my/featu...otballers-ever

Why?

1) His record of 7 goals in 26 games domestically this year isn't great. Nor is 23 goals in 77 games in Russia. Now, scouts don't all know that Rostov are a defensive-minded team, sometimes they just look at the stats.

2) Iran is a pariah nation politically. There are always various specific risks brought about by this. For example, if playing an Israeli club in Europe or signing and Israeli player.

3) Iran doesn't have copyright laws, so they can't shift T-shirts and merchandise from a popular player like in East Asia.

4) Apart from educated football analysts, europeans just know less about Iran football-wise than Japan, SK, Australia. They may remember a good performance against Argentina and the win against USA but that's about it. Iran's rise to the top of Asian football is only recent, so hasn't yet been processed, nor has the early qualification to WC. So in essence, Iran is subconsciously considered as worse than the other teams by most fans (FOR THE MOMENT)
      1) He is young & promising, played in a defensive side, and was substitute, he scored against big guns in Europe. All the young startets don't have impressive stats either.

2) the chance to meet an israeli club is pretty low, and iranian players didn't have any pb with their israeli mates. Iran's political reputation is also better than some years ago

3) What about China, the kingdom of fake jerseys? What about africa?

4) Don't think Australia have a good reputation.

Comment

Any European interested in improving the brand of the club needs to sign this guy!!! About of half of Rostovs follwers and comments are Iranians. Iran is a huge market for football fans and one of the biggest in the world.
        If a team like Lazio adds Sardar, expect their social media following and brand to skyrocket... Same goes for any team

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

4) Don't think Australia have a good reputation.
          I know that and you know that, but the majority of people would name a dozen Australian players before an Iranian player of the last 10-15 years. And would think that Australia is the biggest name in Asia/Oceania football. I mean they did win the most recent Asian Cup after all, so if they did happen to read any articles about Asian football before they would still read their name as Asian Champions.

Australia has had a large number of 8 digit signings over the years that everyone who follows premier league knows the name of: Cahill, Viduka, Kewell, Schwarzer, Neill etc... so the heritage of their country in Europe is more than Iran for the average fan. That's not controversial.

China and Africa T-shirts still sell despite knock-offs. Iran's political reputation is still poor. I'm trying to explain why Azmoun is still considered a risk to become Iran's first 8-digit signing (compare with Son who cost Spurs 30 million euros) and likely to remain at Rubin. I don't agree with these points, I'm just trying to show you the viewpoints of people.

Comment

sardar have to go to a big european team, or a good team now, russia is not that good of a league, except a few teams

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
              I know that and you know that, but the majority of people would name a dozen Australian players before an Iranian player of the last 10-15 years. And would think that Australia is the biggest name in Asia/Oceania football. I mean they did win the most recent Asian Cup after all, so if they did happen to read any articles about Asian football before they would still read their name as Asian Champions.

Australia has had a large number of 8 digit signings over the years that everyone who follows premier league knows the name of: Cahill, Viduka, Kewell, Schwarzer, Neill etc... so the heritage of their country in Europe is more than Iran for the average fan. That's not controversial.

China and Africa T-shirts still sell despite knock-offs. Iran's political reputation is still poor. I'm trying to explain why Azmoun is still considered a risk to become Iran's first 8-digit signing (compare with Son who cost Spurs 30 million euros) and likely to remain at Rubin. I don't agree with these points, I'm just trying to show you the viewpoints of people.
              About Australia, majority of people won't be able to name an australian players or maybe 1 or 2 at best. The exception would be the people who supports clubs with australian players or die hard (asian) football fans.

Australia is considered exotic and as a joke. Except their good WC ride in 2006 and few good performances in the next WC (something majority of people forget very fast), Australia often get trashed in their prestigious friendlies (6/0 against Brazil and France in a week in november 2015, 4/0 against brazil last month etc..). They may have decent results here and there (confed cup) but people notice how weak/limited they were in these games.

I think hardly nobody know who won the asian cup btw.

Comment

I think people need to relax. There is still an issue with Rubin's appeal of the Rostov deal. I think that will be sorted out later this month. Teams are waiting for that to resolve. Right now teams are just gauging his interest.
                "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

lol you guys are always over estimating the abilities of our legionnaires.

Azmoun is still weak in way too many parts of his game to be consistent. He lacks the ability to pass, shoot and dribble. Only thing world class about him is his heading. If teams are looking for a cheap mans Peter Crouch, Azmoun is their man.

Comment

Originally posted by pdot View Post

Azmoun is still weak in way too many parts of his game to be consistent. He lacks the ability to pass, shoot and dribble. Only thing world class about him is his heading. If teams are looking for a cheap mans Peter Crouch, Azmoun is their man.
                    Do you think he will improve his dribble, pass, shoot in staying 1, 2, 3 more years in Russia playing against Tom Tomsk and training/playing with/playing against some random karolorov?

He have to go to Lazio to develop + have the safety of decent european clubs/Berdyev rescuing if he fails there. I mean he has nothing to lose going there.

Comment

How is his shooting weak? Poor mans Peter Crouch? What a ridiculous statement..

We are talking about Azmoun, not Enayati.

Comment

maybe u missed his champions league games

Comment

Originally posted by MR.S View Post
                          maybe u missed his champions league games
                          azmouns dribbling was fucking insane in the champions league, particularly against bayern ( not just the goal) and anderlecht. His shooting has really improved, he can score with both feet now. I agree he could still improve his link up play but come on, the user pdot is simply shitting on him for no reason. He has proved he can play against the best teams and be extremeley difficult for them to deal with. His league tally wasnt impressive because rostov as a team were so damn defensive. They tied 0-0 for 6 games straight at one point. Sardar had little to no service those games so I dont know what people were expecting there.

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                            How is his shooting weak? Poor mans Peter Crouch? What a ridiculous statement..

We are talking about Azmoun, not Enayati.
                            Please explain how he has a good shot. He hasn't scored a shot ever outside the box. He has no power on his shot. Hence why he needs to improve it.

lol Peter Crouch has scored some goals that Azmoun dreams he could score. He is actually technically a better player than Azmoun. Has better passing and shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                              azmouns dribbling was fucking insane in the champions league, particularly against bayern ( not just the goal) and anderlecht. His shooting has really improved, he can score with both feet now. I agree he could still improve his link up play but come on, the user pdot is simply shitting on him for no reason. He has proved he can play against the best teams and be extremeley difficult for them to deal with. His league tally wasnt impressive because rostov as a team were so damn defensive. They tied 0-0 for 6 games straight at one point. Sardar had little to no service those games so I dont know what people were expecting there.
                              I am shitting on him for no reason? I am providing a technical analysis based on what everyone in the world sees in him. He still is average in the skills of passing, dribbling and shooting. No one else rates him as highly as I've seen him here.

If one game makes someone a superstar than Teymourian should have played in Barcelona with that one game he had in Bolton.

Comment

I come to this thread every day in hopes of updates on the transfer to Lazio, please Sardar get your shit together

Comment

Working...
                                X