This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
    A lot of top Iranian players always had this "loyalty" issue as soon as they stepped in Europe, clinging to whatever comes to their way and never letting go. Sardar with Berdyev, but also Mahdavikia with HSV, Nekounam with Osasuna etc..
    I think our players get scared of getting "lost" over there and therefore develop this stupid attachement to whatever club or person who first helped them settle over there, consequently giving them an easier pass to the national team as well. Right now Sardar perfectly knows that even if he stays in Russia as long as he plays, he will be invited, so why risk it and make a move to a better team/league like all non-Iranian players with his talent would do?
    The people around him advising him (including that Hagitali dude) are garbage
    Yeah but you hoped the difference between them and Azmoun was that the latter went to Europe at such a young age and he had time to progress into a much more professional player. But.....

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
      A lot of top Iranian players always had this "loyalty" issue as soon as they stepped in Europe, clinging to whatever comes to their way and never letting go. Sardar with Berdyev, but also Mahdavikia with HSV, Nekounam with Osasuna etc..
      I think our players get scared of getting "lost" over there and therefore develop this stupid attachement to whatever club or person who first helped them settle over there, consequently giving them an easier pass to the national team as well. Right now Sardar perfectly knows that even if he stays in Russia as long as he plays, he will be invited, so why risk it and make a move to a better team/league?
      I know, that's sad, that's what I said they aren't ambitious. The want to stay in their cocoons while africans, yougoslav or brazilians nobody are hungry.
      I often criticize european clubs for their lack of interest for iranians (if only Celtic had the same interest for Torabi or else, than the supposed one for Azmoun/JB) but the lazio interest is really, that's why it looks like a waste.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
        Na, even if Iran loses all it's group stage games and goes home after 3 games played, he could still show his skills and keep the interest of big teams. Football is not about a single player but team work.

All our other players who went to Europe after our WC tournaments didn't go there because we won games and advanced from our group. and their numbers are many.
        How many players did we send to Europe right after WC and after showing our skills against Argentina?

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
          How many players did we send to Europe right after WC and after showing our skills against Argentina?
          Precisely! and that is supposed to be our best game in any WC tournament, while many others went to Europe with much worse game/tournament from TM!

So as said, result and how well or badly TM plays have less to do with club interest.

Comment

Precisely! and that is supposed to be our best game in any WC tournament, while many others went to Europe with much worse game/tournament from TM!

So as said, result and how well or badly TM plays have less to do with club interest.
            I disagree. When you say "Many others went to Europe with much worse game/tournament", it was the case before when europeans clubs hired every players that looked ok in a WC match. Recently, they realized these WC "revelations" weren't successful (maybe good in a short lasting tournament while club seek performance and regularity for a long season). They feel they have been fooled and that's why a WC revelation cannot be sure to be snatched by a good club after a good WC.

Comment

looks like nobody wants to open a new thread

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWhtwcLgOWp/
              check the comments btw, poor guy is getting a lot of hate.. Engar na engar ke bazikon team mellie

Comment

Originally posted by RubinKazanUK View Post
                I did tell you that they were making things up, and that there was no FIFA case.

Anyway, I have a question (I guess there will be a new thread soon too).

On the RFPL website, Azmoun's height and weight have been registered as 178cm and 72kg. This just seems really odd, previously I had these numbers as 186cm and 79kg.

Can anyone corroborate the 178cm?

I need the correct number for FIFA 18 which I'm working on, I feel like 178cm must be incorrect.
                186cm and 79kg are correct from what I understand.
                "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

last time he appeared on navad (asian cup 2015) , he said his height was 185cm

Comment

I disagree. When you say "Many others went to Europe with much worse game/tournament", it was the case before when europeans clubs hired every players that looked ok in a WC match. Recently, they realized these WC "revelations" weren't successful (maybe good in a short lasting tournament while club seek performance and regularity for a long season). They feel they have been fooled and that's why a WC revelation cannot be sure to be snatched by a good club after a good WC.
                    You mean like Nekounam and Teymourian? Both were quite successful in Europe too. Specially Nekounam! Azmoun himself and Jahanbakhsh were found after a U17 TM tournament.

We didn't send anyone to Europe after the WC2014 because despite playing well as a team (because of CQ), we didn't have the player depth we have now or had back in 1998.

Comment

He is still very young, i hope he make the right choice after WC but lots of things can happen during a career. Seems like Lazio offer was the most serious offer he had from some big clubs, i just hope 10 years later he doesn't regret such a move like the way former players such as Nikbakht did.

Comment

You mean like Nekounam and Teymourian? Both were quite successful in Europe too. Specially Nekounam! Azmoun himself and Jahanbakhsh were found after a U17 TM tournament.

We didn't send anyone to Europe after the WC2014 because despite playing well as a team (because of CQ), we didn't have the player depth we have now or had back in 1998.
                        When I spoke about WC revelations, it was not toward iranians but players from any countries discovered during the wc and having a deceiving season in their new clubs just after

Comment

Not to mention our best players during the tournament were already 27 or even older (past their prime) except Jahanbakhsh who didn't play enough to attract offers.. And the team played way too defensively which won't be the case in Russia IMO (i hope so)

Comment

When I spoke about WC revelations, it was not toward iranians but players from any countries discovered during the wc and having a deceiving season in their new clubs just after
                            yes but we were talking about Azmoun and he's not really in that category. He will surely raise some interests after the WC, if he's healthy and plays well (despite how TM plays as a whole).

Comment

Italian media reporting that Lazio is happy that the ownership is clear and is offering 20mio for him.

http://www.calcionews24.com/lazio-az...-puo-trattare/

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Malavani View Post
                                Not to mention our best players during the tournament were already 27 or even older (past their prime) except Jahanbakhsh who didn't play enough to attract offers.. And the team played way too defensively which won't be the case in Russia IMO (i hope so)
                                Jahanbakhsh was already a NEC player when he played in the WC!

But yes our best player (the surprise) was already 27 years old. and Haghighi could show himself only against Argentina.

If Pouladi was 20-22 years old, he would have surely received offers from good European teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X