This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sardar Azmoun @ FC Rostov | 2016/17

I remember when he joined Rostov, everyone here said it was temporary and he would move to a better team in a strong league afterwards. We all saw it never happened.

Sardar will stay 3 more years in Russia, rot on the bench while a fat 30 year old Russian striker takes his place, get subbed in for 20 trash minutes against Mom Momsk and score maximum 7 goals per season. I expect this cycle to continue for the upcoming seasons since it has been like this for the past 4 years. Meanwhile, he is playing a Russian chick (photographer) and on the other side a Somalian player is killing himself to get into a bottom team from top 5 EU league.

When he's declined to an average Asian player, forgotten by all good EU teams he will end up in the Chinese league to catch fame, live the easy and good money. His Instagram will be filled with luxurious pictures for show off, and his RPL bud Saeid visiting him regularly in Beijing while Sardar tries to convince him to join CSL for pishraft.

Comfortable and low risk, like a true tarsoo. His mentality is on par with a 10 year old who doesn't want to go on a survival camp with school because he's afraid of not being with his parents for the first time of his life. Why improve your career / life when you are happy with mediocrity? I for once don't care about all the shit he gets from foreign fans on Reddit, because he deserves it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
      I remember when he joined Rostov, everyone here said it was temporary and he would move to a better team in a strong league afterwards. We all saw it never happened.

Sardar will stay 3 more years in Russia, rot on the bench while a fat 30 year old Russian striker takes his place, get subbed in for 20 trash minutes against Mom Momsk and score maximum 7 goals per season. I expect this cycle to continue for the upcoming seasons since it has been like this for the past 4 years. Meanwhile, he is playing a Russian chick (photographer) and on the other side a Somalian player is killing himself to get into a bottom team from top 5 EU league.

When he's declined to an average Asian player, forgotten by all good EU teams he will end up in the Chinese league to catch fame, live the easy and good money. His Instagram will be filled with luxurious pictures for show off, and his RPL bud Saeid visiting him regularly in Beijing while Sardar tries to convince him to join CSL for pishraft.

Comfortable and low risk, like a true tarsoo. His mentality is on par with a 10 year old who doesn't want to go on a survival camp with school because he's afraid of not being with his parents for the first time of his life. Why improve your career / life when you are happy with mediocrity? I for once don't care about all the shit he gets from foreign fans on Reddit, because he deserves it.
      That's a pretty spot on scenario which I imagined could be the worst case when I head he wants to stay in Russia until the WC (and just in general seeing the transfer trends in the RPL) but right now I would give it a higher probability of actually happening with this Rubin move

Comment

The problem with Iranians' intense love for football is that we put players like Azmoun and Karimi on a pedestal. We don't really have many "celebrities" in Iran, so guys like Karimi and Azmoun are idolized and become massive celebrities.

Giving an immature guy this much following, money, and exposure at such a young age makes him content. Sardar is already a "superstar" in some ways in Iran. People follow his every move. Him moving to a bigger team will not affect that very much. He's likely content with his current life and fame. Unlike others who push for immense fame, like Jahanbakhsh and players from countries that don't place football in such high esteem, Sardar is already the "Iranian Messi."

Not comparing football talents, but stardom wise. Azmoun has become a household name in Iran. He is not competing with famous basketball players or other celebrities. Iranians only really have football, and he is our most prominent player. Like Karimi, I can see why these guys don't push themselves. Their lives are set in Iran. So, I don't expect Sardar to push himself, as Karimi didn't push himself. Maybe for a season or two, flounder, get scared and run to weaker league.

Guys like Jahanbakhsh and Mahdavikia who are the shadows of the more prominent players have to push themselves to succeed. Sardar will probably act or sing in Iran when he is done. He will be famous and make a lot of money in Iran. Why push himself to be a star outside of Iran when he already has it among 70 million people?

Comment

Sardar Azmoun @ FC Rostov | 2016/17

I know someone mentioned it earlier, but could Sardar receive his Russian citizenship, as the process takes 5-6 years (googled).

Obviously, it goes without saying that a European passport makes it MUCH more easier to move to any European club.

I would actually be happy about this move if this is the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
            It makes me really sad to see non-Iranian posters on reddit already making fun of Sardar... Saying he doesn't have the quality to play in a better league anyway. Saying this is a horrible move for him, etc. Seems the only people I've seen say this is a smart move are Sardar, Berdyev, and a few posters on PFDC.

CQ is the king of playing it safe, so I'm honestly not surprised at his alleged advice to Sardar to stay in Russia. I am excited for the mental gymnastics some will use to justify this move over the coming years. Hope Sardar studies every blade of grass on these stadium fields, because that is the only benefit for TM of him staying in Russia. He'll know where all the patches of crabgrass are so he can shoot from there!

Even if he scores 15 goals in the league, I still think this move hurts his career in the long run. He will be an afterthought this whole upcoming season, outside a miracle run by Kazan to a championship with him as top-league scorer. Unless this unlikely event happens, this year in Kazan is meaningless and a year wasted in his career. A good world cup while playing for Lazio could have gotten him into a true top club and made him a household name.

Now, we're all hoping he will have a good world cup to remain relevant and make it to a team like Lazio! He's already relevant and can already play for Lazio, wtf!! It's his career. Hope he enjoys his year of comfort in Russia spending the weekends with papa in castle berdyev.
            I did have your sentiments before but frankly, I have stopped caring. I mean a player should not only be professional when playing. He should also be professional in his mind. It doesn't help to go to Lazio or any big team for that matter, if you have great skillful legs and feet but an Asian amateurish mind. You wont progress anyways. and maybe that's the thing with our players. They haven't developed this hungry, tough, winning attitude yet and we can not have higher expectations from them, despite scoring against big teams.

As you say, if Azmoun feels content by seeing his name hyped up in Iran, then maybe that's the level of our players. We still don't have the means for the players to reach that mental readiness in Iran yet.

We had only one player with a true professional mind and that was Ali Daei. No matter how big of a name and how famous he was in Iran, he kept trying to progress. Hashemian comes to a second place.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
              This situation is such a sh*tshow, I think it's very possible that Rubin/Berdyev keep Sardar thinking they can sell him for 25 million Euro next year. Lazio's desperate need for Sardar ends as they buy an alternate, and Sardar has a quiet season and okay World Cup, and his price drops to 10-15 million. Then, Rubin being angry that he could have sold for 20 million now holds on to Sardar in the hopes of making up the lost 10 million they could have made, and Sardar is stuck in Russia (Stockholm Syndrome, so he'll be happy as a 40 year old playing for Berdyev-coached Tom Tomsk).
              This honestly could happen

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                I know someone mentioned it earlier, but could Sardar receive his Russian citizenship, as the process takes 5-6 years (googled).

Obviously, it goes without saying that a European passport makes it MUCH more easier to move to any European club.

I would actually be happy about this move if this is the case.
                Why would it be easier? Russia isn't a part of the EU, so AFAIK it's the same regulations for non-EU foreign players, like in the premier league.

Comment

It's an IRANIAN trait. In some ppl it's highly concentrated, in some diluted. But it's in ALL of us!
                  we like the EASY LIFE, with very little effort put in.
                  We wont let even the most important things get in the way of our comfort and leisure!

And it's not in our football or sports only.
                  It's in everything that we do. Look at how we did in our social uprising back in 08. We started by coming to the streets for a few hours, then go back home to have chelokabab or get ready for the evening parties or ... , to re-gather after a week or two for another few hours of demonstrations!
                  While for example Egyptians gathered in Tahrir, sat there and didnt leave till they got what they wanted (irrespective of it being right or wrong or ... . It's the RESILIENCY & COMMITTMENT that is lacking in Iran!!)

Comment

We make jokes and laugh about this but this whole daddy issue thing is seriously creepy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
                      We make jokes and laugh about this but this whole daddy issue thing is seriously creepy.
                      lol what? How is it creepy?

Sure Sardar is kinda retarded for not making the Lazio move (thats even if it was up to him), but people need to chill with the Berdyev mafia thing like hes gonna somehow enlist Sardar into some Turkmen ISIS group

At the end of the day, what can we do? How much information do we REALLY know? I trust Azmoun and CQ 100%... not sure if I can say the same about some of our members tho..

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post

Sure Sardar is kinda retarded for not making the Lazio move (thats even if it was up to him), but people need to chill with the Berdyev mafia thing like hes gonna somehow enlist Sardar into some Turkmen ISIS group

At the end of the day, what can we do? How much information do we REALLY know? I trust Azmoun and CQ 100%... not sure if I can say the same about some of our members tho..
                        You said he was going to go to Lazio You probably hate his guts rn

Comment

Listen Sardar will go to Bayern Munchen in 2020. Mark my words!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
                            You said he was going to go to Lazio You probably hate his guts rn
                            lol nah i still love him... My transfer predictions are turning into a PFDC meme. You can add it to the PersianGodfather underdog, littlepersia shambool, Ehsan Singapore stating the obvious list

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post

How the fuck is a guy in his 20s running around an old man that's not his dad not creepy?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
                                How the fuck is a guy in his 20s running around an old man that's not his dad not creepy?!?
                                Idc what anyone says, I'm still going to believe that they are holding him hostage

Comment

Working...
                                X