This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
    In case of Azmoun he has huge potential, but i don't see this determination yet, things may change and hope it change for best.
    This is nonsense. Remember Kaveh Rezaei and Payam Sadeghian? They were more highly-praised and arguably more talented than Azmoun and Jahanbaksh when they were in their teens. But where are they now? Difference, Azmoun and Jahanbaksh took themselves out of their comfort zones and moved to Europe at the ages of 18, ventured into strange lands. They are on radars of some good clubs and are arguably the best players on their respective teams at such young ages. Same with Ezatollahi who went even at a younger age. They are all determined. It's not easy to do what they did.

Where are Sadeghian and Rezaei now?

Comment

Here you go, you say a word about these kids and you are accused to talk non-sense here, and majority of these people started following football in last 10 years max.
      bashe shoma dorost migid..

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
        This is nonsense. Remember Kaveh Rezaei and Payam Sadeghian? They were more highly-praised and arguably more talented than Azmoun and Jahanbaksh when they were in their teens. But where are they now? Difference, Azmoun and Jahanbaksh took themselves out of their comfort zones and moved to Europe at the ages of 18, ventured into strange lands. They are on radars of some good clubs and are arguably the best players on their respective teams at such young ages. Same with Ezatollahi who went even at a younger age. They are all determined. It's not easy to do what they did.
        Where are Sadeghian and Rezaei now?
        what is your point? kaveh rezaei and misaghian couldn't achieve anything better because they were not good for different reasons and failed to develop not because they lacked determination and didn't want move to Europe. Not all junior star players turn to become star in senior level.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
          Sorry man but I think nostalgia is getting to you. 1998, the teams that Daei, Bagheri, and Azizi played for all got relegated. Not to say they were the problem with the team, but after a team of players gets relegated a lot of them go into obscurity. Azizi went to America shortly after and Bagheri went to Charlton. Daei got picked up by Bayern because he played well enough in the Bundesliga and Bayern likes to horde talents a year at a time.
          Azmoun nearly took his team to a league title in Russia scoring goals against players that HAVE played in the EPL/Bundesliga etc. Football is as competitive as it ever was and these talents are huge. Any kid in Iran willing to leave a country with such a family oriented culture to go try out to become a legend should be applauded. As for motivation, as much as I love Karimi he never wanted to learn German and for that reason he was disposable to Bayern if he ever got injured(which he did). Azmoun is acclimatized and is loved by Rostov fans. JB as well by his teams fans.
          Mahdavikia was as good as he was because of the length of time he spent against European opposition. Azmoun and JB are getting that. JB just owned the Netherlands LB. Azmoun owned multiple Russian NT defenders and several African International defenders last season. You know, the type of players our attackers usually never beat at the World Cup.
          The game has changed. In fact the football they use is made of a different substance and the flow of games is different since 2002.
          You missed the point, i talked about immediate impact, yes i know azmoun, saeid and JB are younger..
          The point is daei scored something like 9-10 goals in his first season in bundesliga, azizi something like 6-7 which is more than acceptable for being first Iranians moving to such a competitive league. bagheri also did well in Belefield.pretty much all of our big names did relatively well in Bundesliga.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
            The best thing about Saeid's goal besides his situational awareness to sprint and hustle to a 2 on 1 situation was he was so cool and chilled after it. He's like "cool - I scored a goal I was suppose to, I am not going to act like I did something that's way beyond my capabilities." This was his first goal in the RPL. Inshallah more to come!
            he's a very smart player, and has the skills to go with it

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
            به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

Comment

You missed the point, i talked about immediate impact, yes i know azmoun, saeid and JB are younger..
              The point is daei scored something like 9-10 goals in his first season in bundesliga, azizi something like 6-7 which is more than acceptable for being first Iranians moving to such a competitive league. bagheri also did well in Belefield.pretty much all of our big names did relatively well in Bundesliga.
              Talk to Azmoun in 5 years. You can't expect a 21 year old to be able to make the same impact in a big club like a 27 year old. Age is extremely important to your argument. Daei, Azizi and Bagheri were in their late 20's and very experienced players when moving to Europe. Sardar is still a kid, and like I said, lightyears ahead of Ali Daei at the same age.

If Sardar becomes as great a scorer later in his career as Daei is a question mark, but it is laughable that you're expecting a kid who transferred to Europe at 19 and is currently only 21 should be playing the same as a guy who was 29 when entering Europe. Further, I think your memory is hazy, in that other than Mahdavikia, and to a lesser extent, Hashemian, none of our players had more than a handful of shining moments in Europe (Daei's goals against Chelsea). If Daei, Azizi, Karimi, were such success stories in your mind, they would have lasted more than 2 seasons in Europe. Our players were often on the bench back then, as they are now.

I think you're revising history a bit. Like Karimi had a long and fruitful career in Germany. He was a hanger on to a Bundesliga title, and was out of Germany as fast as he came in. The guy is great, but did he ever lead a European team to any success? Sardar did. Last season. His goals single-handedly carried Rostov to the 2nd position ahead of quality teams like Zenit and Spartak, and is still a major influence for his team.

I was watching during that era, and outside of Mahdavikia, who was a player relied upon by his club, Daei, Karimi, Bagheri, etc. really were flashes in the pan in Europe. In one season, back to Persian Gulf in a year or two. I don't see that as being as successful as you do, but maybe your benchmark for success is different.

Those guys were amazing for our national team, and a golden generation, but their Euro careers were not as memorable and stellar as you are trying to say. Really, point out to me 10 great match-winning goals or influential moments from Daei, Azizi, or Karimi while in Europe. You can probably provide me 2 examples.

I could provide you 10 moments where Sardar has single-handedly influenced wins in his club, and I could get close with Jahanbakhsh, today being an example.

These kids are actually playing their way up through the European ranks. Their teams rely on them. They are not big names shipped over based on hype around their national team performances, then given a handful of starts and released back to Persian Gulf a year or two later.

Comment

Jaspar cillessen, Ajax goalkeeper will move to Barca after the match against Rostov

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                  Jaspar cillessen, Ajax goalkeeper will move to Barca after the match against Rostov
                  Joke of the century, The guy is full of sooti, even against Rostov he pulled a Nakisa and before the free kick was taken you could tell from his positioning that he's gonna concede, I guess he will become back up now to Ter Stegen
                  چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
                  We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by Salar View Post
                    Joke of the century, The guy is full of sooti, even against Rostov he pulled a Nakisa and before the free kick was taken you could tell from his positioning that he's gonna concede, I guess he will become back up now to Ter Stegen
                    Power of a good agent.

Comment

Barcas top priority regarding GK's is that they are good with their feet to keep possession and Cillesen is one of the most comfortable in that regard. He does some stupid shit from time to time, but he's still top quality for a backup GK.

Comment

Here you go, you say a word about these kids and you are accused to talk non-sense here, and majority of these people started following football in last 10 years max.
                        bashe shoma dorost migid..
                        Azizam, sorry if I came harsh. It's just, you're right, last few years prior was not good for our footballing exports. But it's getting a whole lot better. Reason to be excited! Of course, we don't have a Karimi or Daei in Bayern. But it's damn good what the youth are doing now ...

Comment

Two more days until the big game! Rostov vs Ajax.

If Rostov go through, I guarantee you they will add more depth through the transfer window before it closes. Rostov need to replace Bastos badly… They also need help on the wing.

The richer Rostov get, the richer our boys get

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                            Two more days until the big game! Rostov vs Ajax.

If Rostov go through, I guarantee you they will add more depth through the transfer window before it closes. Rostov need to replace Bastos badly… They also need help on the wing.
                            The richer Rostov get, the richer our boys get
                            Do you know if what time USA eastern time?? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MR.ESTESNAII View Post
                              Do you know if what time USA eastern time?? Thanks
                              2:30 my man! FoxSports 2 is showing the game!

Comment

I don't know about Cillessen but if TM had a GK as good as Rostovs GK, we would be Asian Champs hands down!!
                                "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Working...
                                X