This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
    3-2 loss vs zenit was his first game missing due suspension..! he should be available next league game vs terek

not so sure he would get a start though vs Ajax n Terek..!!? the other strikers did ok in his absence and likely he may have to come off the bench and make a case for himself vs Ajax to get a starting nod vs terek..!!
    azmoun should start, he has speed and rostov need it badly

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
      Azmoun and Saeid are both excellent. I said this 3 years ago, after I watched Saeid Ezzatollahi - playing for Under-16s. He didn't have a good Under 17 World Cup, but I believed in his potential. The best thing about him is not his passes, speed or physicality, which are all incredible. But his IQ - he's in the right place at the right time, he makes the right passes. Of course he's not 100% on this, because he is very young (19) but his physical tools will eventually catch up with his mind. He constantly makes the right play. Much like Nekonaum. But as great as Javad was, and he's my favorite Iranian player ever and a top 5 all-time Asian midfielder, Saeid's natural physical tools are just better. I cannot believe we have potentially found our midfielder in a post-Neko TM. This usually takes a while. But we've been lucky, from Bagheri to Javad to now Saeid. Smooth transitions.
      As good as Saied and Azmoun and Jahanbaksh (arguably AZ's best player already) are - I really think Reza Shekari can do incredible things as well. Too bad we haven't heard much about him recently, hope he doesn't turn out like Kaveh Rezaei. But he has potential to be absolutely incredible and potentially higher curve than the aforementioned. But he's 18 and yet hasn't found his place in Europe ... we need these guys there real young. Saeid's a byproduct of Athletico youth. Look at how good he is, how fast.
      I wonder if he is that good finally. He hardly played in Zobahan, and Euro/iranian teams aren't rushing to hire him.

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
        Their next league game will be against Terek Grozny. There might be a high chance to see Azmoun, Ezatollahi and Mohammadi on the field at the same time.
        We watched Reza vs Alireza. Now we can see Saeed and Sardar take on Milad.

It feels so good being a Team Melli fan these days

Comment

I wonder how some of you guys would react if you were around during Daei's time in Bayern, Karimi in Bayern, Mehdi in HSV, Zandi in FCK, Hashemian in Bochum Bayern, Bagheri in Belefield and Aziz in Koln LOLL! Probably some would have heart attack

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
            I wonder how some of you guys would react if you were around during Daei's time in Bayern, Karimi in Bayern, Mehdi in HSV, Zandi in FCK, Hashemian in Bochum Bayern, Bagheri in Belefield and Aziz in Koln LOLL! Probably some would have heart attack
            I think you really misunderstand a lot of people's posts. Nobody is here going nuts about our players in Europe (except for sardar JB and ezi who we rightfully have every reason to be excited for) but rather are just happy to see them doing well and progressing. I don't see the wrong or weirdness in that....the days we had Bundesliga players was great and there is a second coming for it, you just gotta be a bit more patient and wait for it. Instead of playing at Persepolis at the age or 20-21-22 our talented players are in Russia and Netherlands. Next step is what you're referring to.
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
              I think you really misunderstand a lot of people's posts. Nobody is here going nuts about our players in Europe (except for sardar JB and ezi who we rightfully have every reason to be excited for) but rather are just happy to see them doing well and progressing. I don't see the wrong or weirdness in that....the days we had Bundesliga players was great and there is a second coming for it, you just gotta be a bit more patient and wait for it. Instead of playing at Persepolis at the age or 20-21-22 our talented players are in Russia and Netherlands. Next step is what you're referring to.
              I didn't say anything is wrong, yes it depends how you see things. For me who saw our players in highest level of European football, Russian, Greece and Holland league doesn't make me very excited, am i happier compare to 4 years a go when we had only Ashkan and Reza in Europe? Yes i am. Is it better than local league? Yes it is, even bottom table Turkish league team that Sajad plays is better than local league BUT it is kind of disappointing to see our best prospects transfer to some second rated European leagues take forever to happen and when it happens we are like WOW, is like they were transferred to Real or Bayern. Look at Hajsafi, as example...
              It is simple, it depends how you set the bar.
              The problem with newer generation of players is they are not hungry. Just few goals and playing time in second rated European league make them happy.
              I don't see the determination of like Daei, Kia, Hashemian in any of new generation players. At some extend Jahanbakhsh maybe.
              As example a guy like Azmoun after being 4 years in a league like Russia is time for him to accept a bigger challenge, does he really want to or he is ok in his comfort zone and want follow Berdyev everywhere he goes?
              Is not a question of lack of potential in many cases, is lack of determination.

Comment

The best thing about Saeid's goal besides his situational awareness to sprint and hustle to a 2 on 1 situation was he was so cool and chilled after it. He's like "cool - I scored a goal I was suppose to, I am not going to act like I did something that's way beyond my capabilities." This was his first goal in the RPL. Inshallah more to come!

Comment

Something I've found strange is the seeming lack of depth on the Rostov side. I remember that they had a player named Kanga, who apparently moved to the Serbian league, and Bastos who moved to Lazio. These were quality players, and they left which is normal.

The issue is, Rostov hasn't really strengthened their side after losing such players. I find it very strange that their is currently only 1 Goalkeeper listed with the team. He has been doing very well, but what will the team do in case of injury or suspension?

I think the team is coached well, and the players are playing in-form, but the current Rostov model is not sustainable. Especially if Noboa, who has been a major source of quality for the team, decides to leave as well. I think the team is facing financial problems, and their future, as well as the future of Sardar and Saeid may rest on the result of the next match with Ajax.

A victory could see a huge revenue for the team from the Champions League. This can allow the club to bolster its lineup, as well as demand more respect. Players will join a team with a name associated with Champions League.

If they fail to advance, their financial situation will not improve, and they will have a tough time in the long league with such a lack of depth overall. If that is the case, we can see the team begin to flounder over time as fatigue sets in for the players, and Sardar and Saeid's stock as players would be harmed as a result.

This game against Ajax is more important than people know. It can be a platform for our players to be seen by fans of big teams, but it could also be the beginning of a big fall for Rostov if they can't get the funds to fortify their squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                    Something I've found strange is the seeming lack of depth on the Rostov side. I remember that they had a player named Kanga, who apparently moved to the Serbian league, and Bastos who moved to Lazio. These were quality players, and they left which is normal.

The issue is, Rostov hasn't really strengthened their side after losing such players. I find it very strange that their is currently only 1 Goalkeeper listed with the team. He has been doing very well, but what will the team do in case of injury or suspension?

I think the team is coached well, and the players are playing in-form, but the current Rostov model is not sustainable. Especially if Noboa, who has been a major source of quality for the team, decides to leave as well. I think the team is facing financial problems, and their future, as well as the future of Sardar and Saeid may rest on the result of the next match with Ajax.

A victory could see a huge revenue for the team from the Champions League. This can allow the club to bolster its lineup, as well as demand more respect. Players will join a team with a name associated with Champions League.

If they fail to advance, their financial situation will not improve, and they will have a tough time in the long league with such a lack of depth overall. If that is the case, we can see the team begin to flounder over time as fatigue sets in for the players, and Sardar and Saeid's stock as players would be harmed as a result.

This game against Ajax is more important than people know. It can be a platform for our players to be seen by fans of big teams, but it could also be the beginning of a big fall for Rostov if they can't get the funds to fortify their squad.
                    100 percent agree. This has been my main concern and what ive been saying for a while now. The squad has absolutely no depth. If they want to even finish in top 6 in russia they must win this game. If they do the revenue,exposure,etc will attract them many new players and will make them contenders for title again. I believe berdiev left exactly due to the financial problems.

P.S They are also building an incredible new stadium for WC.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                      100 percent agree. This has been my main concern and what ive been saying for a while now. The squad has absolutely no depth. If they want to even finish in top 6 in russia they must win this game. If they do the revenue,exposure,etc will attract them many new players and will make them contenders for title again. I believe berdiev left exactly due to the financial problems.

P.S They are also building an incredible new stadium for WC.
                      I have read that last season, Rostov was having some publicized issues making payments to players. I believe that this is the impetus for many leaving this season, despite the success. If they are having problems paying the players' wages, I wouldn't be surprised to hear they have been unable to pay Berdyev. He probably tried to leave as a result. He would for sure get paid at Spartak, so I cannot fault him for trying to leave if that is the case.

Seems the IFF being poor and not paying CQ and his staff has followed poor Saeid and Sardar to Russia. It's really a shame how money can ruin promising teams, and the top teams always stay rich. It's hard for a team like Rostov to "make it", they will have to play with major gheyrat in order to qualify this week.

Comment

I didn't say anything is wrong, yes it depends how you see things. For me who saw our players in highest level of European football, Russian, Greece and Holland league doesn't make me very excited, am i happier compare to 4 years a go when we had only Ashkan and Reza in Europe? Yes i am. Is it better than local league? Yes it is, even bottom table Turkish league team that Sajad plays is better than local league BUT it is kind of disappointing to see our best prospects transfer to some second rated European leagues take forever to happen and when it happens we are like WOW, is like they were transferred to Real or Bayern. Look at Hajsafi, as example...
                        It is simple, it depends how you set the bar.
                        The problem with newer generation of players is they are not hungry. Just few goals and playing time in second rated European league make them happy.
                        I don't see the determination of like Daei, Kia, Hashemian in any of new generation players. At some extend Jahanbakhsh maybe.
                        As example a guy like Azmoun after being 4 years in a league like Russia is time for him to accept a bigger challenge, does he really want to or he is ok in his comfort zone and want follow Berdyev everywhere he goes?
                        Is not a question of lack of potential in many cases, is lack of determination.
                        The bolded is where I am in disagreement with you. I don't think anyone is WOWed by it, they are simply happier to see him making an effort to work his way into bundesliga (as he said in several interviews, his intent all along was to use FSV as a stepping stone to get into bundesliga which didn't work out but his clear intent was there).

About the determination for azmoun, I think your looking at it completely wrong. While he may have been there 3-4 years you also got to consider he is 21 and has an opportunity to play in the CL or Europa league. It would be foolish of him to leave such an opportunity, if he went to a top 6-7 BL/La liga team he wouldn't be a top player like he is at Rostov and have that kind of experience. That being said, after this year if he proves his worth again it will 100% be time for a move and I anticipate that's what will happen.

Same with Ezzi, I can easily see him going the same route as azmoun by playing 2-3 years in Russia and then going to a top league (maybe even earlier).

You're questioning the wrong people IMO. Taremi, rezaeian, PAG are the guys who deserve that kind of acusations being brought against them....not the guys like sardar and ezi who rejected big money offers from sorkhabi teams to take a risk and go to Europe at a young age and prove themselves. Just my two cents your entitled to your opinion but I just don't see how you can possibly question these guys when they're not even 21 or 22 years old.
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                          The bolded is where I am in disagreement with you. I don't think anyone is WOWed by it, they are simply happier to see him making an effort to work his way into bundesliga (as he said in several interviews, his intent all along was to use FSV as a stepping stone to get into bundesliga which didn't work out but his clear intent was there).
                          About the determination for azmoun, I think your looking at it completely wrong. While he may have been there 3-4 years you also got to consider he is 21 and has an opportunity to play in the CL or Europa league. It would be foolish of him to leave such an opportunity, if he went to a top 6-7 BL/La liga team he wouldn't be a top player like he is at Rostov and have that kind of experience. That being said, after this year if he proves his worth again it will 100% be time for a move and I anticipate that's what will happen.
                          Same with Ezzi, I can easily see him going the same route as azmoun by playing 2-3 years in Russia and then going to a top league (maybe even earlier).
                          You're questioning the wrong people IMO. Taremi, rezaeian, PAG are the guys who deserve that kind of acusations being brought against them....not the guys like sardar and ezi who rejected big money offers from sorkhabi teams to take a risk and go to Europe at a young age and prove themselves. Just my two cents your entitled to your opinion but I just don't see how you can possibly question these guys when they're not even 21 or 22 years old.
                          It doesn't matter, if you are good you find your way to play in top league from 19-20, that is not acceptable excuse to me, do you know how old Kia was when he played for Hamburg? or guys like Daei, Bagheri and Azizi didn't warm the bench for two years to play in Bundesliga, all 3 got action imminently and had immediate impact for their clubs, specially Daei and Bagheri.Even Karimi in his first year in Bayern got probably more playing time that Sardard got last year in Rostov, we talk about Bayern.....
                          Taremi and Rezaeian attitude is laughable and i am not even talking about that, but even the others i don't see the determination to be among the best. there is two different things one is you are not simply good enough to play in top league another is you are good, but you set the bar low.
                          In case of Azmoun he has huge potential, but i don't see this determination yet, things may change and hope it change for best.

Comment

Ali Daei at Bayern Munich - 29 Years old

Ali Karimi at Bayern Munich - 27 years old

Bagheri played at Arminia Bielefield and had one game at Charlton, so I think your memory is hazy a bit with him being an impact player in a top team. He was also 27 years old playing for a less than average German team.

Azizi is the same story. 26 years old.

Mahdavikia did well to move earlier, but the guy was riding off the backs of generational talents like Daei, Bagheri, Azizi, etc. in the prime of their careers and the victory over U.S. in France 1998.

The difference is, do we have a flag bearer today? A player in their prime making a name for Iran around Europe?

Your comparisons are weak, and your standards are incomparable. The majority of the guys you listed were in their mid-20's when they got their first chances in Europe, and that was the golden age of our football.

The players now are entering Europe in a different time and political atmosphere. For being 19-20, these young players are lightyears ahead of Karimi, Daei, Bagheri, etc. who were developing in the brilliant academies of Perspolis. We don't know where these players will be in 5 years when they are at a proper age to know football. They could all be on Barcelona, and you could be eating your words. Or they could be nothing, we don't know. We just can't compare players in their primes to players in a completely different scenario trying to rebuild a name for Iranian football in Europe after half a decade of Iranian's being absent from European football (outside of Nekounam and Shojaei).

Comment

It doesn't matter, if you are good you find your way to play in top league from 19-20, that is not acceptable excuse to me, do you know how old Kia was when he played for Hamburg? or guys like Daei, Bagheri and Azizi didn't warm the bench for two years to play in Bundesliga, all 3 got action imminently and had immediate impact for their clubs, specially Daei and Bagheri.Even Karimi in his first year in Bayern got probably more playing time that Sardard got last year in Rostov, we talk about Bayern.....
                              Sorry man but I think nostalgia is getting to you. 1998, the teams that Daei, Bagheri, and Azizi played for all got relegated. Not to say they were the problem with the team, but after a team of players gets relegated a lot of them go into obscurity. Azizi went to America shortly after and Bagheri went to Charlton. Daei got picked up by Bayern because he played well enough in the Bundesliga and Bayern likes to horde talents a year at a time.

Azmoun nearly took his team to a league title in Russia scoring goals against players that HAVE played in the EPL/Bundesliga etc. Football is as competitive as it ever was and these talents are huge. Any kid in Iran willing to leave a country with such a family oriented culture to go try out to become a legend should be applauded. As for motivation, as much as I love Karimi he never wanted to learn German and for that reason he was disposable to Bayern if he ever got injured(which he did). Azmoun is acclimatized and is loved by Rostov fans. JB as well by his teams fans.

Mahdavikia was as good as he was because of the length of time he spent against European opposition. Azmoun and JB are getting that. JB just owned the Netherlands LB. Azmoun owned multiple Russian NT defenders and several African International defenders last season. You know, the type of players our attackers usually never beat at the World Cup.

The game has changed. In fact the football they use is made of a different substance and the flow of games is different since 2002.

Comment

Ffs why do we need a reason to be happy for our players? What is the point of your argument Iran_19? Do you want us to calm down??

Comment

Working...
                                X