Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The EPL is not the place for him. Highly overrated league, they will literally destroy his career as soon as he doesn't score in 2-3 games. Hopefully he goes to Spain or Germany, he will reach his potential there in peace while playing at a level as good if not better than in England.

Right now the perfect fit would be a Europa League Bundesliga or La Liga team. Even a slightly lower team than that in those leagues will do, he is still very young

Comment

Sardar Azmoun & Saeid Ezatolahi @ FC Rostov | 2016/17

When Tony Barret confirms something about Liverpool, you are meant to take it as gospel!

The guy is the bench mark when it comes to credible information.

But it's just "monitoring", which doesn't tickle my fancy.

By the way, Liverpool's Reddit page is blowing up. Over 110 comments within the past few hours.

Not many fans have heard of him. Some are comparing him to Lewandowski!!

Comment

its obvious he is a potential target. That it for now. Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Having said that if he gets close to ten goals in the next couple months I can see him moving to pool in January especially if he plays well against PSV (goal or two) due to fact that he will be a way more affordable option than any other target liverpool have. Lets see but obviously he is attracting attention from top sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
          The EPL is not the place for him. Highly overrated league, they will literally destroy his career as soon as he doesn't score in 2-3 games. Hopefully he goes to Spain or Germany, he will reach his potential there in peace while playing at a level as good if not better than in England.

Right now the perfect fit would be a Europa League Bundesliga or La Liga team. Even a slightly lower team than that in those leagues will do, he is still very young
          I would normally agree with you in any other situation but this one. If klopp is actually keen on him, then I trust klopp. He knows how to develop young talent and only chases players that he will have total faith in.

Comment

I would love this transfer to happen, but I just don't see how Azmoun will fit this Liverpool team.

Azmoun is not known for his quick passing and intelligent movement. He is known to be a target man. We are known to discard target man type of strikers within a few seasons (e.g Balotelli, Benteke, Carroll).

Comment

I am sick of all these rumors in his case, hope this time is true.

Comment

Cant see hwo this is good for him.
                Cant see him fit in their style?! A lot of one and two. He is not the best in linking up. Hi is a more straight forward player.
                As well in Rostov you have: deep pressing and Liverpool you have high pressing style.
                What I am afraid of is, he joins them, dont realy get the chanse and end up in CHampionship. He needs to play to achive ....

Comment

I just got a bleacher report notification on my phone saying "Liverpool eyeing Iranian Messi Sardar Azmoun - 16 goals in 22 Intl appearances (Rostov)".

Shits getting real.

Comment

If Liverpool sign him, it'll be because he has the trust of Klopp and very few youngsters fail to realise their potential under that man.

On the other hand, as a Liverpool fan, I don't believe this story at all. Daniel Sturridge is one of the world's best out and out strikers and is struggling to get game-time due to not fitting into the team's style with his lack of work-rate and pressing and Azmoun seems more similar to him. He's nowhere near the level of Sturridge, Firmino, Coutinho, Mane and Origi and Lallana can do a job in the front three too. They'll sign a striker in Jan but I'd be very surprised if it's someone in the mould of Azmoun.

Comment

When does his contract with Rostov end?
                      edit: okay, he have contract with Rostov till 30.06.2018, lets wait and se IF he will leave before..

Comment

I agree with the points made by Taz and Littlepersia. Liverpool have one of the best, most prolific and clinical strikers in the PL in Sturridge (WHEN he's fit). He is fit now and isn't getting into their starting line-up. Neither is Origi. Liverpool play a fast, attacking game where they hunt in packs and go forward in numbers. Some aspects of this is similar to Rostov's Leicester-style of counter attacking play, in which it can help to have a big, strong man standing on the last defender who is spearheading the team. Though they've compensated for the lack of physical presence with searing pace, dribbling and ball control. Overall, I really don't think Sardar is suited to Liverpool and I don't think he'll get enough minutes to make it a worthwhile switch. He's faster and better with his feet than Benteke, Carroll etc but doesn't fit into the fluid, interchanging front 3 (supported by Lallana) that Liverpool have. I hope I'm wrong, but I just can't see him getting into a team that is keeping Sturridge (and Origi) on the bench and sent Benteke to another club. I don't want our country's star striker and potential future international star to go sit on a bench and play league cup games.

Comment

The report about Liverpool looking into signing Azmound for the January transfer window comes from The Guardian newspaper, possibly the most reliable newspaper here in the UK. Usually they don't speculate so this is probably a very credible report. Not sure if it will be a good move though as he may end up spending a lot of time on the bench at least at the beginning. Great move if he gets playing time, but I'd rather he goes to a lower ranked team in the EPL and start every game.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-sardar-azmoun

Comment

Now the rumors have also hit the Danish news: http://www.tv3sport.dk/sport/fodbold...ussisk-fodbold
                            And they also cite him as "The Iranian Messi from Russian Football"

Comment

Liverpool is a fantastic club for Azmoun, I don't care that there are other and more prolific strikers than him there. You guys say he is nowhere the level of Liverpool, but the scouts think otherwise. He will show himself because he definitely will get loaned to a mid-table / lower EPL team to develop and get playing minutes. This is how it will go, if he does well Klopp will give him a chance.

Comment

Sardar Azmoun & Saeid Ezatolahi @ FC Rostov | 2016/17

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                                Liverpool is a fantastic club for Azmoun, I don't care that there are other and more prolific strikers than him there. You guys say he is nowhere the level of Liverpool, but the scouts think otherwise. He will show himself because he definitely will get loaned to a mid-table / lower EPL team to develop and get playing minutes. This is how it will go, if he does well Klopp will give him a chance.
                                I do agree with you in that I don't really care if he fits in the team cause I just want him to play under Klopp, but unfortunately, I don't see him getting any game time at Liverpool.

We have Sturridge, who is arguably one of the most prolific strikers in the Premier league (goal to game ratio) and even he is dusting up on the bench.

There is also Origi, who is the same age as Azmoun. He scored 11 goals last season, yet still can't get any game time this season. I reckon Origi is more talented than Sardar, so if he can't get game time, I doubt Sardar will.

Comment

Working...
                                X