Fereydoon Zandi, new head coach of St-Pauli U-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fereydoon Zandi, new head coach of St-Pauli U-23

Good for him, a very nice first step of coaching for a really nice guy.

Wish him the best, they finished 4th in last Bundesliga II season.

Good Luck man

http://www.varzesh3.com/news/1336752...C-%D8%B4%D8%AF

This is fantastic, he's always had a great footballing mind I can see him being successful. Zandi should continue to take classes and get higher coaching licenses like Vahid Hashemian is doing.

So we got Kia working with HSV and now Zandi in St. Pauli, it's time some of these connections pays off to our youngsters!
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Hamburg is Iranian town now.

Comment

Great news!

Best wishes for Zandi in his coaching career!

Comment

Zandi for Team Melli

Comment

Very smart decision and direction. It's his german brain being put to good use!!

Comment

Just hope he takes his time and moves up in German soccer.

I don't want him to leave in a couple of years to come coach persepolis. That would be a disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFrasbul View Post
                Hamburg is Iranian town now.
                Has always been.
                IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Great stuff, good luck!

Comment

He is Assistant coach

Head Coach Joachim Philipkowski

CO-TRAINER
                    FERYDOON
                    ZANDI

DIENSTAG 28.6.2016 - NACHWUCHS
                    AUF GEHT'S! UNSERE U23 LEGT LOS

Einen Tag nachdem unsere Profis die Vorbereitung auf die Spielzeit 2016/17 begonnen haben, rollte der Ball auch wieder bei unserer U23. Mit ihrem neuen Cheftrainer Joachim Philipkowski und vielen neuen Gesichtern starteten die Kiezkicker am Dienstagnachmittag (28.6.) in die neue Saison.

Am Dienstagnachmittag (28.6.) traf unsere neu formierte U23 am Trainingsgelände an der Kollaustraße ein – mit dem ersten Training läutete sie die neue Spielzeit 2016/17 in der Regionalliga Nord ein. Viele neue, aber auch bekannte Gesichter waren auf dem Kunstrasenplatz zu finden. Neben dem neuen U23-Cheftrainer Philipkowski, er war zuletzt viele Jahre NLZ-Leiter und Cheftrainer der U19 und Anfang der 2000er Jahre bereits Coach unserer zweiten Mannschaft, stand auch Ferydoon Zandi, der neue Co-Trainer unserer U23, erstmals auf dem Trainingsplatz. Der ehemalige Profi (u.a. SC Freiburg, VfB Lübeck, 1. FC Kaiserslautern) beendete im November 2015 beim Al-Ahli SC (Dubai) seine aktive Karriere. Neu ist der FC St. Pauli nicht für den 37-Jährigen, er hospitierte in der Rückrunde der Saison 2015/16 bereits bei unserer U23.

FZ

Comment

Great news, glad he is staying in football and going through becoming a coach in the right manner. Best of luck Zandi!!
                      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Mods, please change the title, he is an assistant coach, thank you st-mark for clarification.

Comment

Wow this is even better news.....he should bring in his former team mate Hajsafi!!!
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Love this guy, awesome news, thank you for sharing!
                            Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
                            محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
                            - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

Just a correction--he's the assistant coach of the U23s and not the head coach. Congrats and best of luck to him.

Comment

Working...
                              X