Masoud Shojaei @ Panionios FC | 2016-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
    Panionios was the saviour of Karim's career, he should pay them back by staying till the end of the season and try to score 10+ goals, then he should transfer to Serie A. Definitely NOT go to Turkey at all costs.
    Why not Turkey?

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
      Why not Turkey?
      Turkey is not the best place for Iranian players, unless a team like Galata, Fener or Besiktas pick him up, but even so these clubs are full of Hashieh and fanatic supporters with unrealistic expectations.

Rest of the turkish teams are not very professional (see their history with Iranian players, putting aside Taremi saga) and our players get kind of lost in their system.

I'd rather see him playing in a mid-table Serie A team with much better international coverage and exposure ti higher quality opponents. Imagine him playing vs Juve, Milano, Inter or Roma.

Comment

Originally posted by GolfePersique View Post
        Turkey is not the best place for Iranian players, unless a team like Galata, Fener or Besiktas pick him up, but even so these clubs are full of Hashieh and fanatic supporters with unrealistic expectations.

Rest of the turkish teams are not very professional (see their history with Iranian players, putting aside Taremi saga) and our players get kind of lost in their system.

I'd rather see him playing in a mid-table Serie A team with much better international coverage and exposure ti higher quality opponents. Imagine him playing vs Juve, Milano, Inter or Roma.
        Sorry, could you please elaborate more on the history of our players in Turkey?

Comment

Kian, I personally wouldn't mind seeing him in a league like Turkey, since its not a bad league by any means, and is better than Greece, but Bachelot has a point.

The turkish league is almost like the EPL of Eastern Europe/Asia. Many of the players who go there fail because of the lack of support and bad fan bases. If he gets a Serie A offer or a French Ligue 1 offer, i'd rather see him go there, regardless of the team he goes to.

Comment

IMO, safest choice for him would be to play for a top team in Greek or Turkish league

Comment

A top greek team like Olympiakos, AEK, Panathinaikos or PAOK would be realistic at this point and I would bet that we will see him in one of those teams next season. AEK seems the more likely and wouldn't be bad at all, they have some nice players and he can grow and develop well, plus chances of playing Europa League every season.

Can't see him leaving Greece since he is making a big name and reputation for himself there, the most interest will come from those "bigger" Greek teams

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                Can't see him leaving Greece since he is making a big name and reputation for himself there, the most interest will come from those "bigger" Greek teams
                Totally agree. Would rather see him continue to be a hot name there, than being a no-body in another league. Plus, my half-Greek friend is hardcore AEK fan, so would be a dream come true if he joined them!

Comment

Sorry, could you please elaborate more on the history of our players in Turkey?
                  This is a list of our players who played in the Turkish league. I think you would agree that none of them had a particularly notable/successful career in Turkey.

Mohammad Khakpour – Vanspor
                  Reza Shahroudi – Altay
                  Sohrab Bakhtiarizadeh – Erzurumspor
                  Mohammad Momeni – Erzurumspor
                  Hamed Kavianpour – Kayserispor
                  Sajad Shahbazzadeh - Alanyaspor

Comment

Don't forget Vahedi Nikbakht - an underrated player by most Iranians - signed to Fenerbache. The deal fell through for unknown or unspecified reasons.

Comment

Khodadad was close to sign with Trabzonspor as well.

http://www.yjc.ir/fa/news/5671314/%D...A7%D8%B3%D8%AA

Comment

This is a list of our players who played in the Turkish league. I think you would agree that none of them had a particularly notable/successful career in Turkey.

Reza Shahroudi – Altay
                        Kavianpour was banned by the TFF after tested positive for doping. And Bakhtiarizadeh escaped after a few months being not paid.

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
                          Kavianpour was banned by the TFF after tested positive for doping. And Bakhtiarizadeh escaped after a few months being not paid.
                          If I'm not wrong, In an interview he stated he took a car belonging to the club and escaped!

Comment

Reza Shahroudi – Altay
                            I haven't been following Team Melli for long enough to recognize anyone on that list other than Sajjad Shahbazzadeh. Wow, I didn't know we had that many legionnaires in Turkey. I do hope Shahbazzadeh can turn things around though. I feel like Turkey would be the perfect gateway for our players to other European Leagues

Comment

I haven't been following Team Melli for long enough to recognize anyone on that list other than Sajjad Shahbazzadeh. Wow, I didn't know we had that many legionnaires in Turkey. I do hope Shahbazzadeh can turn things around though. I feel like Turkey would be the perfect gateway for our players to other European Leagues
                              You don't know Khakpour? tisk-tisk Kian, the dude is a legend from the 1998 team! You're failing the TM history course! It should be part of the curriculum at every school haha!

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                                You don't know Khakpour? tisk-tisk Kian, the dude is a legend from the 1998 team! You're failing the TM history course! It should be part of the curriculum at every school haha!
                                LOL, this is the same Khakpour who was u23 coach huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X