Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biggest transfer flops of Bayern Munchen including Ali Karimi, Ali Daei and Hashemian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biggest transfer flops of Bayern Munchen including Ali Karimi, Ali Daei and Hashemian

First three players they mention are Ali Karimi, Ali Daei and Vahid Hashemian, lol.

http://web.de/magazine/sport/fussbal...ayern-31699792

It's kinda sad but there's also Mario Goetze & some other well known players on that list.

Frank Ocean most of the people that write articles like this are interns, new journalists who just want to make a name for themselves who dont really know the exact details nor do they make an effort to find out. They simply look at stats and then make an article.

(I'm talking about Ali Karimi here, he did not flop)

Comment

ali karimi was huge success. bringing a player from uae league on free transfer! And he goes straight to starting 11 benching many famous players like scholl, deisler, salihamdzic, jeremies and Kroos! Are u kidding me? Karimi played 2nd half in 1st week and in 2nd weeek away to Bayer he scored 1 and assisted 1 and was in team of the week by kicker. jesus christ what does a player have to do? from 2nd week on he just got better for every week until he broke his foot

Comment

if u follow bayerns official fb page u will see that this article doesnt make sense since karimi is still 1 of the most popular players in bayerns history

Comment

thoughts of a person on an unofficial web page is not so reliable ! what we have seen of these players except Hashemian who didn't played much for Bayern is totally alright, perhaps he was comparing them with legends like Matthäus, Muller or Mayer
          sigpic

Comment

Ali Daei came to Bayern after a season of 8 goals with Belefield, more than respectable, Bayern was looking for someone to complete Elber and they had already Jancker, who had similar style as Daei and Zickler, both played for Germany, so Daei performed pretty well with limited playing time( still 20 something appearances, most of it as sub) and scored 6 goals, then they sold him to Hertha and made pretty decent money from transfer fee for Asian player standard. biggest flop, hell NO! Daei didn't come as savor!

Karimi came directly from UAE. no one expected him to shine in his first season or even get any playing time with German giant but he did, he played pretty much in all midfielder position as defensive to right and left and surprisingly did really well and earnred his second season contract with Bayern which wasn't as he and fans wished mainly because of his injuries, don't forget Bayern of Karimi time had crazy traffic in midfielder: Ballack, Schwan, scholl, Demichelis, Ze Roberto, Jeremies, Deisler, Salihamidzic,Hargreaves, most of these players in their prime and part of their country national team, probably strongest Bayern midfielder in last 20 years, biggest flop? No way!

Vahid case was a bit different and quite honest i was expecting more from him, specially after scoring 16 goals in Bundesliga, something that no Iranian will probably ever achieve in top 4 leagues. But in his defense he didn't have real chance and Pizzaro and Makaay was scoring like crazy for Bayern and Guerrero was a young gun Bayern had lots of hope from . Again Vahid didn't come as savor, usually you talk about flop when player comes in as savor!

Comment

is so disrespectful, daei came to bayern cause beckenbuare wanted him, ali karimi did alot for them, i agree hashemian didnt do that much, but ali daei and karimi did alot, ali karimi could have stayed more if he was like kia.I think bayern should have purchased kia, i know big clubs wanted kia however hamburg didnt sell him

Comment

I remember at one point, in a struggling Bayern, Ali Karimi was the player who worked most hardly, being everywhere from defense to offense. At one point he was their best player!

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                  is so disrespectful, daei came to bayern cause beckenbuare wanted him, ali karimi did alot for them, i agree hashemian didnt do that much, but ali daei and karimi did alot, ali karimi could have stayed more if he was like kia.I think bayern should have purchased kia, i know big clubs wanted kia however hamburg didnt sell him
                  Mehdi loves Hamburg, even If Hamburg was ok with selling him, he would've rather stayed!
                  BTW HSV was a "big club" in terms of Sucsess back then and is still a big name in football.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MR.S View Post
                    if u follow bayerns official fb page u will see that this article doesnt make sense since karimi is still 1 of the most popular players in bayerns history

pretty sure you're making that up, some dont even remember him. Of all the Bayern players in their history im sure Karimi isnt even in top 50

Comment

Vahid fell victim of Bayern's management buying him before they assigned their coach. The new coach came and didnt care for him, therefore he rotted on the bench. Its not his fault he didnt get his chances.

Comment

Lol @ AK being a flop, he played great in almost every cap he had. Bayern wanted to sign him to a 1-year deal but he chose to go back to the Persian gulf to make $$$$ he is one of the most, if not THE most money loving footballer we have had.
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by MR.S View Post
                          karimi is still 1 of the most popular players in bayerns history

Comment

Originally posted by Shayan_M View Post
                            Popular, NOT best; popularity doesn't always equal best.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post

pretty sure you're making that up, some dont even remember him. Of all the Bayern players in their history im sure Karimi isnt even in top 50
                              If you follow bayerns offical fb page you will se that from time to time they upload Karimis picture.

If i recall correctly they made a survey about wich 1 of 10 players, from the past the fans would bring back and karimi was among those 10. I went looking for the pic that they used for the survey, but its impossible to find it among the billion pics they have.

Comment

Working...
                              X