Worst start for Esteghlal Ever....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mansourian is good player, but not a good coach. 3 games, 1 tie and 2 loses. This is unacceptable from Esteghlal specially from Mansourian.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUKabP3zTI

I'm a Persepolis fan, but give him some time. He's adjusting to the pressure. They'll get better and their physical regime will really help at the latter stages of the season.

Comment

Everyone knew this was a pre-mature move. He should have stayed in Naft a couple of years longer but he was obsessed with idea of being at the helm of esteghlal for the last year or two. He was worried that a lot of his bigger players would leave, which is true, but they became big players under him. I really believe we could have a lot more guys like amiri, beiro, PAG, etc. if he would have stayed but in esteghlal he wont have the luxury of experimenting with younger players bc expectations and pressure is much, much higher. He has a very young squad, probably one of the youngest esteghlal has had in recent years so it was always going to be a tough start for them IMO. But they will get back on their feet, I dont agree that he is not a good coach, he is by far one of our best and the season is still very, very young. Also keep in mind this is almost an entirely new SS team both at the core and on the bench.
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

You can't make any conclusions from the first 3 games of the season, with a new coach and team. It just doesn;t make sense, it is only reactionary.

To make any sort of judgement of a team and coach, you need to at least wait until 7-10 weeks into the season. You are just upset that your team isn't winning right now. It isn't ideal, but that is football. Mansourian isn't the first coach to start slow with a new team and he won't be the last. Give it time, nothing is worse for a team than fans who start to panic right off the bat.

Comment

As predicted, Mansourian with this move will go from hero to zero in the eyes of SS fans in a matter of weeks

Comment

just like branko had the worst ever start for persepolis last year and we know how that ended up...

Comment

Give Mansourian some time. We've all witnessed what he can do. No reason that he can't repeat his success.

Comment

After watching Esteghlal play for three weeks, it is very clear to me what the problem is. Three straight week Mansourian rotated to left back position trying to find the fit for his team. Week 1 we saw Nourafkan play, which we saw a decent game. He reminded me a bit of Ali Badavi trying to get pass defenders on the line. He seems like he has decent speed and maybe an ok cross. The reason why i say maybe is because he wasn't given any opportunity to cross while all the plays came from the right wing. Week 2 we saw Mkoyan play the part. This to me was a horrible decision by Mansourian. Mkoyan is a right footed CB who clearly played out of position and completely was ineffective at his try. Week 3 we saw Y.Karimi play. For most of the game once again all attacks were coming threw the right side when esteghlal could easily transition their game from eft to right with probably the best CM duo in the league. With the likes of Ebrahimi and Rahman they had many opportunities to swing the game to the opposite side of the field and force the D line to shift over and cause openings at the back. In the 2nd half Karimi got better distribution and found himself a cross which led to the goal. However not long after the goal Karimi got subbed out for yet another trial player Milad Zakipour. The young lad seemed a bit overwhelmed with this opportunity and seemed a little dazed on feet, which from their the team went on to concede 2 goals and lose the match.

IMO They have a solid squad exept for the problems at the left back. For now I would stick with Y.Karimi who seemed defensively solid enough to cary on and we already know he has the hunger and ability to get forward as he is naturally an attacking player. All Esteghlal has to do is control the play and allow both wings to touch the ball in their build ups and create plays from which ever side they feel is the weakest threat.
                "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Paitience is needed
                  I believe in mansurians ability to turn it around & finish very strong

It will take him a few more weeks to implement his system of play & get everybody on the same page. He use to have U23 playing a very impressive, modern , organized Team tactical game ..! I'd gather it'll take a bit longer to teach the old dogs of PGL in his team to subscribe to his Team tactics ..!?

Comment

Originally posted by DJPedram View Post
                    Mansourian is good player, but not a good coach. 3 games, 1 tie and 2 loses. This is unacceptable from Esteghlal specially from Mansourian.
                    Hopefully they will continue this bad trend, and PP join them at the bottom of the league. Will be nice to see the derby in Azadegan league next year.

Comment

lol estefragh

Comment

It's so unfair to write off a good and young coach like Mansourian who has proven his merits time after time and year after year with different teams.

First off it's too early to determine a coach's fate after the 3rd. Week. There's still a long way to go, and all teams will experience lots of fluctuations, some may have a terrible debut, yet excel as weeks go by, some may experience the other way around.

But again I have known Pedram for over 10 years from Bia2 forum as well here, and he loves creating controversial topics [emoji75][emoji6]

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                        Hopefully they will continue this bad trend, and PP join them at the bottom of the league. Will be nice to see the derby in Azadegan league next year.
                        Dream on buddy, may you reach an orgasm in your sweet dreams of watching these 2 Iran Giants derby in Azadegan!

To even think that Iran's football without these 2 teams will prosper is just too delusional and biased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by Keano; 08-06-2016, 12:24 AM.

Comment

TBH this match we were really unlucky.
                          Bakhtiar and Kaveh had some good chances and Hassan Houri is just so strong !
                          I wonder if they will give Etemadi any playing time. Right now Hassan Houri is probably the best goalkeeper (based on the first 3 weeks performance) out of all goalkeepers in IPL.
                          sigpic

Comment

Reza Norouzi is an Esteghlal killer. What a great player. He could've had a greay TM career if he was given an opportunity early on.
                            راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Originally posted by rugs View Post
                              Reza Norouzi is an Esteghlal killer. What a great player. He could've had a greay TM career if he was given an opportunity early on.
                              Ditto!

Same sentiments were going through my mind when I saw him score today. The guy was a full package, physically strong, super tall, good shots, good on aerial balls, technical, great stamina, fantastic precision.

It's a shame he wasn't given much chance with TM. Although his constant injuries were also his biggest career barrier!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X