No announcement yet.

TM List of 25 Players - Italy Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy to see Tabrizi invited! He's a great player and a hard worker!

Maybe he should have invited Mehrdad Mohammadi too? All in all a good team and what was expected.

Comment

Domestically the list looks alright. But I have feeling that we might not get any surprises for WC qualifier games as no one really likes taking risks. The other reason is I have feeling that Oceano did not only go to the Netherlands to see the AZ and Herenveen game, but probably on a different mission probably secondary to this. Could be scouting other Iranian players who play in Netherlands, not necessarily Aria Hashemi, but others like Nabi Hakimzadeh (RVVH Ridderkerk) who could possibly help TM in the future.

Comment

After watching pespes vs. Saba, you'll see despite the goal received, Hamed Lak had a fantastic day! But I'm not sure if Taremi is the Taremi of last few seasons. out of 10 100% goal chances that he missed, he scored 1. If he continues like this, he should not be invited to TM, not because he left Turkey but mostly because he's not in TM level anymore!

Comment

so he has not called up Azmon, Ezzatollahi, Alireza, shojai, ali karimi, karim ansarifard, shahbazzadeh, sosha and hagheghi!!

This camp is for IPL players as he does not believe IPL is strong enough to get them ready. I bet you after the camp these players will be added in expense of IPL players.
          IRI = FAILED

Comment

TM List of 25 Players - Italy Camp

Originally posted by persian-eagle-13 View Post
            so he has not called up Azmon, Ezzatollahi, Alireza, shojai, ali karimi, karim ansarifard, shahbazzadeh, sosha and hagheghi!!

This camp is for IPL players as he does not believe IPL is strong enough to get them ready. I bet you after the camp these players will be added in expense of IPL players.
            Every Asian national team has had or is going to have camps/friendlies with fully domestic squad selections.

Sosha???? that was a nice joke. I too am surprised Sosha of the mighty second Norwegian division wasn't invited. After all, now he drinks Norwegian water, and breathes Norwegian air, I would drop Mazaheri and Beiranvand for him.

To some it actually seems like players become superhumans when they step out of Iran, be it in Bangladesh or Iceland leagues.
            The likes of Ali Karimi, Shahbazzadeh, Sosha ect get completely ignored when in Iran but once they are few weeks in Europe they apparently suddenly become Messis on steroids.

Playing in Europe gives better development with time depending on where you're playing, not a badge that guarantees "Certified superiority to all domestic players" once your plane takes off from IK airport.
            A more logical thinking would be welcome one day.

Comment

Where is Rahmani? He deserves it as much as the next player, if not more

Comment

Pretty much the exact same group as the previous list, solid group all around. I just hope CQ doesn't give any legitimate role to Taremi or Rezaeian, their mental weakness will damage the team let alone Taremi's form for Persepolis. Ebrahimi hasn't been impressive as of late either. Hopefully Tabrizi and Zohaivi get chances I want to see them get a chance especially Tabrizi.
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

No Bakhtiar Rahmani ???

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                    Does he?

Eses is not playing well and you could say he is their main man. Haven't watched him specifically but his team is not performing so I'm assuming he is not either.

Comment

I don't believe short form should be the basis for selection, but he has been pretty bad this first 4 weeks of the new season.

Comment

Originally posted by sedee91 View Post
                        Domestically the list looks alright. But I have feeling that we might not get any surprises for WC qualifier games as no one really likes taking risks. The other reason is I have feeling that Oceano did not only go to the Netherlands to see the AZ and Herenveen game, but probably on a different mission probably secondary to this. Could be scouting other Iranian players who play in Netherlands, not necessarily Aria Hashemi, but others like Nabi Hakimzadeh (RVVH Ridderkerk) who could possibly help TM in the future.
                        Ya I'm pretty sure oceano isn't going to scout someone who plays in the 5th division of the Netherlands

Comment

I am a huge fan of his but he has been disappointing thus far for Esteghlal.

Comment

Based on the first 3-4 games of the season, Bakhtiar Rahmani doesn't deserve a call-up! He's been pretty bad, but that's also the case for Ghafouri for example who has been called up on the other hand hand.

I guess CQ isn't familiar enough with Bakhtiar yet (in TM) to give him the benefit of the doubt, something Ghafouri seems to have gotten from CQ based on previous experience.
                            Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                              It actually looks like most of the people I would expect. Are there any surprise inclusions or omissions?

I'm just surprised by the seeming retirement of Khosrow Heydari. He was a real staple at RB, and didn't really get a full farewell. Just phased out it seems. I wasn't the biggest fan of his, but strange to see him gone from the team.
                              I liked the guy too but since his last injury layoff his form n quality has dipped significantly. ..! May be age caught up with him as well..? Anyways your right ...he probably deserved some sort of a TM retirement/send off game of sorts but not so sure he won't be called back up again , pretty soon at that as well.!? I saw last 15 minutes of last ss game & he was far from impressive. Especially his kiri inaccurate crosses..!
                              Besides, CQ knows everything about what he could offer his TM, & he already knows what would be expected of him if brought in for our upcoming WCQs ..! From this list of invites with handful or more that I've never heard of, I'd gather Carlos is still in Expermental phase for this camp as well. ..!?
                              I gather, he pretty much knows his likely starting 11 , and just looking for depth n to fill some gaps ..!

Comment

Just a gut feeling here but I have a strong feeling the between Shojeian and kamyabinia, one of them will start vs Qatar. Dariush has been praised by CQ a few times and is the most similar to a guy like Jabbari who CQ also used to admire and use a lot and kamyabinia has been in solid form and is great at coming back on defense and making important interceptions and gets counter attacks started very well. Just something to consider and think about
                                Team Meli Iran
                                Perspolis FC
                                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Working...
                                X