Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adjust your expectations: what if we lose or draw against Qatar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
    CQ says we must fight for 15 points to qualify.
    I don't think that's enough. TM will need at least 17 to get through.
    I think Syria will play weakly against everyone but TM, and same with Qatar.
    What I mean is they'll be 6 points for every team in the group but us.
    You are in a group of 6 teams. Go look at the Euro Qualifications which are groups of 6. The top 2 teams had 20 points or more.

Basically by Nov. we need to collect atleast 10 of these 15 points. With three away games and two home games, this is going to be difficult, considering one of our home games is going to be against South Korea.

If we lose against Qatar, we must win versus China, Syria...... and one of the Korea, Uzbekistan games.

Comment

We need to get 6 points by September 6th. That's what should happen, we have the squad firepower and depth to do so even if we need to rotate for whatever reason. As Kiarash said a draw in China is not a good result however it wouldn't be the end of the world, but all games need to be won in Tehran (except maybe SK where a draw would be fine).

Comment

Zabooneto gaz begir.. (bite your tongue).
        __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
        We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Maybe I am naive, maybe I am a die hard fan.

But there is no way in hell Iran is drawing or losing to Qatar tomorrow. The chances of Qatar winning are the same chances that your body disappears from earth and appears on Mars due to electron physics.

In all the 5 years I have been following TM this is the first time I see a team that I can guarantee will win a match 100%. This team has momentum, fighting spirit, ambition and talent from the Coach & his staff to players.
          EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

Can just hope for the best.

Comment

Golden rule. Win your home games. Draw your away games.

Don't worry guys strap yourselves in its that time again! When TM gives us a heart attack during qualifications!!!

Comment

CQ,has shown talent for analysing the opponents well..specialy during the later part of the tournements he does well...expect the TM to get even better the secound half of the tournement.

Comment

But nokhodi is correct. No matter how much we help or support or ... an arab nation (financially, politically, ... ). They will always take it three notch higher when they play us. Syria will be no different. It's not the first time and this wont be the last. Somehow they have to prove how ungrateful they are, or how much that arab mentality over-rides all else (pick whichever reason you feel like).

I'm not saying they shd roll over and play dead. But you can palpably see the intensity level at a different level when they meet each other and when they meet Iran.

I'm yet to be proven wrong. Be it palestine, lebanon, Syria, iraq, ... . no exceptions there.

While on the subject, it'll be also interesting and worth considering where the AFC would appoint as syria's home game against Iran and if syria would accept or not. Remember, AFC can ''suggest'' and it is incumbent upon the nation to agree to hold its home games in that venue or ask for a different one.
                  For example, if they retain Macau that was picked for their ''home'' games versus east asians, for the west asian opponents too, then you'd see another example of the above-mentioned nature.
                  I dont see why they cant play us in india or oman or turkmenistan or ... . less travel for them too.

Comment

We need to have over 10 points by November 15th.

It is actually bizarre how half the WCQ is already behind us in only 2 months from now.

And the 2nd half is actually going to take 10 months...... so retarded.

Comment

I'm not as worried about the Qatar game as I am about the China game in China!

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                        I'm not as worried about the Qatar game as I am about the China game in China!
                        Exactly! I think there is no team in this group inculding Korea who can beat China away. A draw against them is acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                          But nokhodi is correct. No matter how much we help or support or ... an arab nation (financially, politically, ... ). They will always take it three notch higher when they play us. Syria will be no different. It's not the first time and this wont be the last. Somehow they have to prove how ungrateful they are, or how much that arab mentality over-rides all else (pick whichever reason you feel like).

I'm not saying they shd roll over and play dead. But you can palpably see the intensity level at a different level when they meet each other and when they meet Iran.

I'm yet to be proven wrong. Be it palestine, lebanon, Syria, iraq, ... . no exceptions there.

While on the subject, it'll be also interesting and worth considering where the AFC would appoint as syria's home game against Iran and if syria would accept or not. Remember, AFC can ''suggest'' and it is incumbent upon the nation to agree to hold its home games in that venue or ask for a different one.
                          For example, if they retain Macau that was picked for their ''home'' games versus east asians, for the west asian opponents too, then you'd see another example of the above-mentioned nature.
                          I dont see why they cant play us in india or oman or turkmenistan or ... . less travel for them too.
                          But that's it a good thing Doc (minus their grass rolling). We obviously have to play More Arab teams than other nationals due to our region hence improving our game and mental toughness.
                          The reality is that under CQ we have become more aware of their challenges and have responded by playing a superior game more often than not.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
                            Exactly! I think there is no team in this group inculding Korea who can beat China away. A draw against them is acceptable.
                            Well, I wouldn't take it that far! I think they are beatable even at home but still very dangerous! They have put so much money in their football, it's crazy! They try to become an Asian powerhouse soon! Add to that home advantage, and I think it's gonna be very difficult to play against them!

Last time we played against them in China, it was back in the AC2004 if I'm not mistaken and even though we played with our full golden generation squad in their best days, we lost the semis against them with big help from the referee! So if they're also gonna have that again, we 're more or less doomed.

If we get a fair referee and we concentrate and play well defensively, we can beat them even in China.

Comment

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
                              Remember when Iran beat China 4-2 at Jinzhou? At that point they had never been beaten at their own home ground.

Comment

that fake arab team of qatar must be beaten by all costs!

Comment

Working...
                                X