Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adjust your expectations: what if we lose or draw against Qatar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QATAAAAAAAAAR SOOOOORAKHEEEEEE

Comment

I think if we can beat Qatar then we can beat China. I don't think they're that different from each other. They both have leagues where the locals aren't that great but they buy good expensive foreigners.

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
        I think if we can beat Qatar then we can beat China. I don't think they're that different from each other. They both have leagues where the locals aren't that great but they buy good expensive foreigners.
        China is slighty better than Qatar.

Comment

Great post ChaMillionnaire, in fact a much needed reminder/warning ahead of the game. Anything is possible, we must not panic in case God forbid we drop some points, it won't be the end of our WCQ road, nor will it be the end of the world. Please be patient and support our boys and the entire team, including its coaching staff.

I wish Navad would have had a similar educational discussion about this hyped match. Keep in mind Qatar is not just a pushover, it's an international team and would definitely be a serious threat for every single team in our group, including us.

So yeah we're good, and we got some great players shining domestically, and in Europe, but again we're not Gods of football, just yet. So please be patient and let's hope all go smooth and we come out victorious and proud!

Comment

A loss is not acceptable, it's a simple as that. Not even a draw is, although it wouldn't be the end of the world with this team, staff, and situation TM is in there is just no excuse not to win. Most posts here I have seen are pretty realistic....doesn't seem like anyone is saying t will be a walk in the park, if anything most posts I've been reading have been expressing that it will be a hard fought game and qatar will make it tough per usual. All I got to say to everyone is don't call for players to get cut or CQ to be fired if we somehow draw or lose, I can't stand reading emotional posts of people wanting certain players to leave bc of 1 bad game. TM needs to be united and consistent....however I will say that there is ALWAYS bumps in the road and if this is somehow one of them, we will still be fine.
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Let me give you all a preview of the game. Iran will start off hot for the first 15 minutes of the match. If we score early, it's game over. If we don't, which is very likely because the players haven't played together in a while, expect the next 20 minutes (15-35) to be Iran absorbing pressure from Qatar.

Qatar will only get 1 good chance, if that in that 20 minute period. If they score, Iran will be in a lot of trouble. It would likely be a very lucky goal, but Iran would still follow the remainder in a similar way, even if Qatar score first.

Minutes 35-45, Iran will get in the groove and begin to put on a lot of pressure on Qatar. I expect us to score just before the half. If we score in the first 15 minutes, this will make it 2-0, if we don't it will be 1-0, or if we're unlucky, 1-1.

Now, the second half, Iran will dictate the pace of the game. Qatar will have another 1 or 2 counter attacking opportunities in the second half, but will not score. Iran will control the game, and bury it here around the 60th minute. Iran will score and either make it 3-0, 2-0, or 2-1, depending on the first half score.

Long story short, Iran will win. It will NOT be a walkover, but Qatar has never really been super dangerous, especially in Tehran. They will have 3 decent chances all game. Iran will have 10-15. Mark my words. It would take us missing 100% of our opportunities for Qatar to win, but I doubt that will happen. Iran will persevere.

Comment

I have bookmarked your words.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                  Let me give you all a preview of the game. Iran will start off hot for the first 15 minutes of the match. If we score early, it's game over. If we don't, which is very likely because the players haven't played together in a while, expect the next 20 minutes (15-35) to be Iran absorbing pressure from Qatar.
                  Qatar will only get 1 good chance, if that in that 20 minute period. If they score, Iran will be in a lot of trouble. It would likely be a very lucky goal, but Iran would still follow the remainder in a similar way, even if Qatar score first.
                  Minutes 35-45, Iran will get in the groove and begin to put on a lot of pressure on Qatar. I expect us to score just before the half. If we score in the first 15 minutes, this will make it 2-0, if we don't it will be 1-0, or if we're unlucky, 1-1.
                  Now, the second half, Iran will dictate the pace of the game. Qatar will have another 1 or 2 counter attacking opportunities in the second half, but will not score. Iran will control the game, and bury it here around the 60th minute. Iran will score and either make it 3-0, 2-0, or 2-1, depending on the first half score.
                  Long story short, Iran will win. It will NOT be a walkover, but Qatar has never really been super dangerous, especially in Tehran. They will have 3 decent chances all game. Iran will have 10-15. Mark my words. It would take us missing 100% of our opportunities for Qatar to win, but I doubt that will happen. Iran will persevere.
                  Takbeer!

Damet garm, I share the same gut feeling about this match. Look forward to see a packed All-White Azadi stadium with Iran flags!

Comment

If Iran doesn't win 2-0 they will win 3-1 but I'm wanting a 4-0 to shut those "created players" up

Comment

simple calculation:

victory in all home games against UZB, CHN, QAT, SYR except for KOR (a draw would be fine)...

victory against SYR and CHN away, the rest should be a draw against UZB, QAT... We can afford a defeat against KOR in our away match... and hello Russia!

13 home points
                      8 away points
                      =21 points if you really wanna go to the World Cup
                      TEAM MELLI UNTIL THE END

Comment

For once lets not make the same mistake of putting things off to the last minute. Its certainly a lot easier to defeat Qatar's Mercenaries in Tehran than in Doha. I am sure CQ will make sure Iran will walk out with 3 points on Thurs.

Comment

This is a BIG freaking if you are talking about. But it won't happen. I'm not predicting. But Mark my words it won't happen! Let's focus on the game. Give off positive energy and let's beat the crap out of these mercenaries !....

Comment

Working...
                          X